1 BTC = $8.2k, it’s up 735% this yr UPDATE 5/19: BTC @ $42k :damn:

mannyrs13

Compound Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Focusville, USA
Exactly. There was i time i had over 150K in alts and thought i was special. That shyt went to 5K overnight.

All those so called experts dissapreared. Crypto is all fun and games until its time to convert it to dollars.

Again, people dealing with crypto should move very carefully. The same speed with which you get "rich" is the same speed you can lose it all.

Like the next morning type of thing? :dahell:

Which coins were that? :what:

heisenburrr

Have Fun Staying Poor
Daps
Anything can happen, but this run is NOT the same as 2017.

2017 has a shyt ton of scam ICO's and retail investors jumping in and hoping to make a quick buck. Despite what some here may say, institutions ARE getting involved and have skin in the game. That's not to say there can't be a pullback or see a big drop, but this is much different than 2017.

The biggest difference is when shyt starts to go south, retail investors tend to panic and sell. Larger players and institutions are more apt to hold and they can withstand a drop, and with larger players in this space now, the major drops are not as likely.

That's only true of BTC.

As much as you all want to buy into the Defi stuff, the reality is that this shyt right now is pumped by retail and liquidity traders. Don't fool yourself thinking any of the participants in this have a long term, 5 year type, horizon.

For that reason, when shyt turns sour a little bit, those bags will be the first to drop. I don't think the Defi cycle will be any different than 2017.

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

I’m not into the name calling to make my point...I have no issue with dude talking to the devs...cuz I did it too to get a feel for them...sometimes talking with them made me realize that I did NOT need to be invested in their project...so he’s not wrong for doing that...my thing is it seems clear he’s just started this a few months ago and he’s talking to someone who’s been in it for years...now I’m not claiming to be an expert but I take umbrage with him telling me shyt I’ve heard before and trying to act like he’s saying something new

Last edited:

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Like the next morning type of thing? :dahell:

Which coins were that? :what:

go back to the second week of january 2018 and look at those charts man lol

some alts were wiped out in a week...a lot by the end of the month...somewhat similar to the GME/AMC crash...ironically I see ppl today trying to pump AMC with an old ass rumor that amazon is buying them...dude in here is trying to “school” me and saying old shyt that I used to hear on bitcointalk, etc. it’s not “negative” to be familiar with every aspect of this shyt

*edit*

my bad @mannyrs13 I said the first week...but it was the 2nd week

Last edited:

mannyrs13

Compound Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Focusville, USA
go back to the first week of january 2018 and look at those charts man lol

some alts were wiped out in a week...a lot by the end of the month...somewhat similar to the GME/AMC crash...ironically I see ppl today trying to pump AMC with an old ass rumor that amazon is buying them...dude in here is trying to “school” me and saying old shyt that I used to here on bitcointalk, etc. it’s not “negative” to be familiar with every aspect of this shyt

I could imagine especially with how many coins there are overall. Just looking at coingecko and there are thousands of coins on there. Not every one is worth investing in or doing something, just like in stocks. I'm curious to know what the top 25 were back then and how it compares to today. And where the coins that got replaced are today. I see btc had a dip then also. I remember messing with ltc and that dip. Think I got out before it got worse. Wanna compare the old alts to the new ones to see what the difference is.

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I could imagine especially with how many coins there are overall. Just looking at coingecko and there are thousands of coins on there. Not every one is worth investing in or doing something, just like in stocks. I'm curious to know what the top 25 were back then and how it compares to today. And where the coins that got replaced are today. I see btc had a dip then also. I remember messing with ltc and that dip. Think I got out before it got worse. Wanna compare the old alts to the new ones to see what the difference is.

you can view the history archives on coinmarketcap...dates back to 2013 on a weekly basis...I used it to somewhat help establish patterns/trends

*edit*

Check Cryptocurrency Price History For The Top Coins | CoinMarketCap

mannyrs13

Compound Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Focusville, USA
you can view the history archives on coinmarketcap...dates back to 2013 on a weekly basis...I used it to somewhat help establish patterns/trends

*edit*

Check Cryptocurrency Price History For The Top Coins | CoinMarketCap
Just looking thru top 10 from first week of January, seems like xem, trx, xlm, and miota all fell out of the top 10. Xlm to #11 and the rest in 21 to 23. They got replaced with usdt, dot, bnb, and link. For now at least. I see some weird ass coins back on the first week on there in April 2013. Looks like btc and ltc the only ones still relevant today. Of course the industry has changed so much since then. Can't imagine what the top ten will be at the midway point in June or at eoy or 2022 eoy even. Seems like a lot of those early counts were trying to copy bitcoin by having mining and being a dollar replacement. They just weren't as good and popular in the long run.

the bossman

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast D.C.
my recent question more or less was will alts take a legitimate turn now that BTC has more institutional backing (or will ppl still pimp alt bags with the intention of flipping the money into BTC and pull the rug out from under folks similar to 2017/2018)? and dude did not answer my question even tho he felt compelled to...he just shared the same shyt I’ve heard folks say about alts for years
I think it's on the cusp but things are still not quite there yet. 2017/2018 was all vaporware. just paper napkin ideas and whitepapers to get people excited to dump their money into scam ICOs. No actual products.

2021. There are actual products now with real world usage. Mostly concentrated in DeFi. The biggest problem going from these small MVPs to full-fledged mainstream adoption? Ethereum's current scale. DeFi can't really take off the way it could and should until this upgrade happens.

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Just looking thru top 10 from first week of January, seems like xem, trx, xlm, and miota all fell out of the top 10. Xlm to #11 and the rest in 21 to 23. They got replaced with usdt, dot, bnb, and link. For now at least. I see some weird ass coins back on the first week on there in April 2013. Looks like btc and ltc the only ones still relevant today. Of course the industry has changed so much since then. Can't imagine what the top ten will be at the midway point in June or at eoy or 2022 eoy even. Seems like a lot of those early counts were trying to copy bitcoin by having mining and being a dollar replacement. They just weren't as good and popular in the long run.

BTC is king...folks can make money with alts but they just need to be careful falling in love with the “great tech” and all the other shyt folks have been saying and will continue to say to hype up some of these coins...you saw it yourself with some of these alts...top 10 to not mentioned at all

mannyrs13

Compound Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Focusville, USA
BTC is king...folks can make money with alts but they just need to be careful falling in love with the “great tech” and all the other shyt folks have been saying and will continue to say to hype up some of these coins...you saw it yourself with some of these alts...top 10 to not mentioned at all
Yeah true. I feel like crypto is like the auto industry. Still in the early stages but gonna be lots of changes thru out time and overall. Gonna be interesting to see how things play out. Things gonna be a whole lot different five years from now, both in crypto and life in general. I'm curious to see how everything looks then.

BucciMane

Kristina Schulman Bro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Real Titletown
That's only true of BTC.

As much as you all want to buy into the Defi stuff, the reality is that this shyt right now is pumped by retail and liquidity traders. Don't fool yourself thinking any of the participants in this have a long term, 5 year type, horizon.

For that reason, when shyt turns sour a little bit, those bags will be the first to drop. I don't think the Defi cycle will be any different than 2017.

I was referring to BTC.

Most alts, that doesn't apply.

Mazino

All Star
Daps
the cardano founder is so cringeworthy, dude drops misleading pump videos on youtube every day :what: i don't know much about the project, could be great and all but there is no way i'm investing into something ran by that dude, u can see the sleaze dripping off him

vitalik looking malnourished out here but at least he only drops technical content, upgrade ideas, etc.
DOT > ADA all day

Ezekiel 25:17

Veteran
Daps
the cardano founder is so cringeworthy, dude drops misleading pump videos on youtube every day :what: i don't know much about the project, could be great and all but there is no way i'm investing into something ran by that dude, u can see the sleaze dripping off him

vitalik looking malnourished out here but at least he only drops technical content, upgrade ideas, etc.

Was thinking about buying into Cardano too. Looks like ain't now :francis: