1 BTC = $8.2k, it’s up 735% this yr UPDATE 5/19: BTC @ $42k :damn:

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It's all a big hype bubble and makes no sense at all.

You can stretch an argument that you get to claim to own "the original" version of a digital art piece but for memes it makes absolutely no sense. Anyone can copy/paste the image.
This applies to most art honestly

Art and fashion are their own fabricated economies

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
It's all a big hype bubble and makes no sense at all.

You can stretch an argument that you get to claim to own "the original" version of a digital art piece but for memes it makes absolutely no sense. Anyone can copy/paste the image.

I never said it didn't make dollars. Just telling breh there's nothing to research and no use case other than "what hot potato coin to jump on"
This is a narrow minded way of thinking.

This isn't even about a "coin to jump on". What's intriguing is the smart contract element and what it means for copyrighting digital content. This has huge potential, and it's something that could be disruptive in creative industries and for collectors.

The music industry is a prime example. If an artist were to bypass the traditional streaming sites, and go the NFT route it could potentially be vastly more profitable than any other distribution method. What I'm saying isn't prime and ready right now today, but looking forward, this isn't some bullshyt concept or idea like you're suggesting.

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Content is king online, if a site/platform emerges that integrates what's going on with NFTs in a way that makes sense for content creators and artists to adopt, it would be disruptive.

Why post your content on Facebook, IG, Twitter or whatever else for attention and likes, when you could post it on a site that compensates you in a way that no other platform is currently doing? This isn't some overnight switch, of course, but it's interesting and something worth paying attention to IMO.

Supa

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Content is king online, if a site/platform emerges that integrates what's going on with NFTs in a way that makes sense for content creators and artists to adopt, it would be disruptive.

Why post your content on Facebook, IG, Twitter or whatever else for attention and likes, when you could post it on a site that compensates you in a way that no other platform is currently doing? This isn't some overnight switch, of course, but it's interesting and something worth paying attention to IMO.

I'm still surprised that art took off before the gaming aspect. Enjin had some genius ideas but no one has been able to implement them into mainstream games. Get some NFT's in games like Fortnite and Call of Duty and millions will flow in.

mannyrs13

Compound Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Focusville, USA
So uh.... any of y’all Brehs did y’all taxes yet? :pachaha:
Just submitted mine. Most of my coins are offline and I had plenty of losses as well as forex losses to write off, and in stocks most of my gains were in tax free retirement accounts. Should hopefully get about 1k back. Did it all thru turbotax and even tho it was a pain at times, especially with one of my stock brokers, M1 finance, I was able to get thru it. If I owe them, they'll send me a bill. If they owe me, they'll send me a check. The IRS gets the same paperwork I do so I'm done tryna mess with this website and tryna get the forms uploaded to work. I'll let them figure shyt out.

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I'm still surprised that art took off before the gaming aspect. Enjin had some genius ideas but no one has been able to implement them into mainstream games. Get some NFT's in games like Fortnite and Call of Duty and millions will flow in.
I didn't even think about gaming for this...
:ohhh:

Daps
Just submitted mine. Most of my coins are offline and I had plenty of losses as well as forex losses to write off, and in stocks most of my gains were in tax free retirement accounts. Should hopefully get about 1k back. Did it all thru turbotax and even tho it was a pain at times, especially with one of my stock brokers, M1 finance, I was able to get thru it. If I owe them, they'll send me a bill. If they owe me, they'll send me a check. The IRS gets the same paperwork I do so I'm done tryna mess with this website and tryna get the forms uploaded to work. I'll let them figure shyt out.

Yea imma speak to my tax guy. I’m not trying to get fukked over by no old motherfukker that don’t know what he doing tho .

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
How is crypto taxed? Is it like stock when you take gains before holding for 6 months?

Do you only get taxed after you take profits when converting it to USD?

the bossman

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast D.C.
This is a narrow minded way of thinking.

This isn't even about a "coin to jump on". What's intriguing is the smart contract element and what it means for copyrighting digital content. This has huge potential, and it's something that could be disruptive in creative industries and for collectors.

The music industry is a prime example. If an artist were to bypass the traditional streaming sites, and go the NFT route it could potentially be vastly more profitable than any other distribution method. What I'm saying isn't prime and ready right now today, but looking forward, this isn't some bullshyt concept or idea like you're suggesting.
BTC maxis are narrow-minded like that. If it didn't happen on Bitcoin then it's automatically hype and a bubble:mjlol:

You can easily see how once some notable musicians or artists start tapping into this it will blow

mannyrs13

Compound Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Focusville, USA
How is crypto taxed? Is it like stock when you take gains before holding for 6 months?

Do you only get taxed after you take profits when converting it to USD?
Any selling or converting to another coin is taxed. Stock is less than a year for short term and more than a year for long term. Crypto should be the same. Coinbase has something that you can pay to get your transaction report. Think it's like 100 bucks. Coins you transfer to a offline wallet aren't taxed. Places like uniswap might be taxed but I didn't mess with that section. Figure I'd do it whenever I transfer back to coinbase since they didn't tell me shyt. Looks like everything is still fairly new when it comes to crypto and taxes so hopefully overtime they give us more clearer instructions on the process.