1 BTC = $8.2k, it’s up 735% this yr UPDATE 5/19: BTC @ $42k :damn:

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
this is all good but I suspect you’re new to this and I’m trying to tell you that you’re telling me things I heard back in 2017...you just honestly shouldn’t have responded to me...when I see folks just retweeting stuff and posting links that they can’t expound upon it let’s me know they’re probably new to the space and that’s cool...especially if you’re getting money...but YOU responded to me with “the game has changed” and then proceeded to post all the same rhetoric I heard 4 years ago...I think you got defensive bcuz I spoke on alts and felt the need to reply even tho you’re not equipped to...you’re trying to get your money...I already got mine and was talking about beyond that...again there was no need for you to respond to me initially bcuz what you’re saying doesn’t speak to my situation in the least...DMP was waiting for a pullback and I said I agree although I’m not sure how severe the pullback will be...then you responded to me trying to “school me” with things you’ve picked up over the last few months that I’ve heard years ago...so yes I am taking some offense to that as well...ppl have been claiming institutional money has been in alts for years with mostly nothing but conjecture

im not attacking you.
Im saying you need to dive head first into researching everything.

There is a wealth of knowledge out there...
...get on crypto twitter.

Why does a fake digital influencer have 3 million followers with entertainers following her?

What role does decentralized finance have with how people interact with money?
I can get up to a 10% return by loaning out my BTC!?

Im not trying to come off as an a$$hole...but its frustrating seeing people (black) sit on the sidelines...
...this is life changing shyt.

I fully expect to be a millionaire this time next year.

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
also be wary just regurgitating shyt from these youtubers/folks on twitter...many of them were the same folks pushing their alts on ppl back in 2017/2018...and they disappeared when the bear market hit...now that crypto is hot again, they are all “experts” again literally pushing the same selling points on some of these alts...“research” goes beyond following twitter feeds/watching some youtube videos...the alt game might very well be different this time around but if it’s not, then the same thing will happen again...I’m not wrong for questioning that or pointing out that some of the “evidence” given that “the game has changed” is the same talking points I’ve been hearing for years

Clark Wayne

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
FL
also be wary just regurgitating shyt from these youtubers/folks on twitter...many of them were the same folks pushing their alts on ppl back in 2017/2018...and they disappeared when the bear market hit...now that crypto is hot again, they are all “experts” again literally pushing the same selling points on some of these alts...“research” goes beyond following twitter feeds/watching some youtube videos...the alt game might very well be different this time around but if it’s not, then the same thing will happen again...I’m not wrong for questioning that or pointing out that some of the “evidence” given that “the game has changed” is the same talking points I’ve been hearing for years
I get where both of y’all coming from. I do agree more with your overall point of being cautious about alts.

2017 was learning lesson for a lot of people, myself included. I got burned by a few and now I’m only heavily invested in 1 alt at the moment.

My amateur advice for people looking to get in the crypto game is to stick with BTC, ETH and find one or maybe two alts and leave it at that.

You’ll get burned trying to chase so many different coins unless you’re following everything 24/7 and even that might not be enough.

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I get where both of y’all coming from. I do agree more with your overall point of being cautious about alts.

2017 was learning lesson for a lot of people, myself included. I got burned by a few and now I’m only heavily invested in 1 alt at the moment.

My amateur advice for people looking to get in the crypto game is to stick with BTC, ETH and find one or maybe two alts and leave it at that.

You’ll get burned trying to chase so many different coins unless you’re following everything 24/7 and even that might not be enough.

I’m not trying to discourage folks from alts bcuz that’s where the ability to make the most money is IF they play it smart and take profits occasionally to protect themselves...my recent question more or less was will alts take a legitimate turn now that BTC has more institutional backing (or will ppl still pimp alt bags with the intention of flipping the money into BTC and pull the rug out from under folks similar to 2017/2018)? and dude did not answer my question even tho he felt compelled to...he just shared the same shyt I’ve heard folks say about alts for years

Hiphoplives4eva

Solid Gold Dashikis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
black love, unity, and music
Exactly. There was i time i had over 150K in alts and thought i was special. That shyt went to 5K overnight.

All those so called experts dissapreared. Crypto is all fun and games until its time to convert it to dollars.

Again, people dealing with crypto should move very carefully. The same speed with which you get "rich" is the same speed you can lose it all.

Spree At Last

All Star
Daps
the cardano founder is so cringeworthy, dude drops misleading pump videos on youtube every day :what: i don't know much about the project, could be great and all but there is no way i'm investing into something ran by that dude, u can see the sleaze dripping off him

vitalik looking malnourished out here but at least he only drops technical content, upgrade ideas, etc.

jilla82

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
the internet
no...youre the one stuck in 2017 dog.

Im not talking about following "influencers"...im talking about following devs...
...following trends.
What is Gen Z currently doing?

Im in 2 alts...and I watch them like a hawk...and speak to the devs on one pretty regularly.

but like I said...
...im not trying to convince anyone.

Crypto is not a game for the conservative...
...or those who dont spend time with it.

If youre still talking about 2017, you probably havent been keeping up with things.

You think public companies are going to put their money and reputation at stake for a quick gain?

There are people much more powerful than all of us who feel the same way you do...
...no CEO is going to take that chance going against them unless they were in it 100%.

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
^^^

no you don’t get it

bcuz you’re new to the space...you don’t realize you’re regurgitating talking points from 2017...you’re literally not saying anything new to me or introducing any original thoughts/ideas in response to my concern...devs were sometimes easily available on telegram, twitter, discord and/or slack...that’s good that you’re talking with them...doesn’t address my concern tho...you can’t answer it...move on

Last edited:

ConPHIdential

All Star
Supporter
Daps
I have a homie of mine who is sitting on a near six figure bag worth of ICX. He was up this much and more but never took profits back in 2017-2018. Got crushed of course but never sold, educated himself more around it which eventually led him to staking, and now he can pretty much pay his monthly mortgage strictly from his staking rewards. It’s crazy.

I had 50k worth of FUN I kid y’all not went from a high of almost $7k to under $200 bruh. Had that bag chillin in MyEtherWallet for years gave up on it...10x’d and more since the most recent bull run so I got my buy-in back and took some additional profits. I was up about 30k back in 2017 from other coins and lost it all with this being the only coin I kept for whatever reason so it was wild to see it come back to life. CRAZY bruh!

It was a no brainer to cop ETH around $600 so I’m eating well off of that and I’m also a believer in privacy coins (ZCash, Dash, Monero) and do believe they are going places in the crypto world. So yea I’m eating over here in crypto land once again.

Let’s get this money brehs! :blessed:

Un-AmericanDreamer

Simp City
Daps
It takes time and patience. You need things to go your way as well.

I started four or five years ago. I've been in the game with less than four figures, and been in the game with seven figures. The past two years were brutal, but I've been able to weather the storm and see my portfolio move on up. I sold some today to pay Uncle Sam and lock in some profits, but I'm one that really just holds.

I don't put my money in many projects as most are just crap shoots. I'm in BTC (some) and heavy in one project that keeps on moving up and has strong backing.
Share:jbhmm:

heisenburrr

Have Fun Staying Poor
Daps
im not even talking about individual projects now...im talking about where technology is headed.

If youre scorned, I get it...thats fine.
Not everybody has to believe.

Im not trying to convince anyone

I dropped that podcast link where Sailor goes deep into the financial system and why its broken.

You have to dig into projects yourself and create your own thesis.

Im heavy in certain projects because ive spent days/weeks/months researching them.
My conviction cannot be transferred to you via a msg board post.

Im 6 figures in at this point.

Saylor himself will tell you most blockchain projects are useless distractions

You are relying on oracles to tell you what is what and it's clear you have no ability to clearly ascertain the technological value of those projects

Hiphoplives4eva

Solid Gold Dashikis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
black love, unity, and music
^^^

no you don’t get it

bcuz you’re new to the space...you don’t realize you’re regurgitating talking points from 2017...you’re literally not saying anything new to me or introducing any original thoughts/ideas in response to my concern...devs were sometimes easily available on telegram, twitter, discord and/or slack...that’s good that you’re talking with them...doesn’t address my concern tho...you can’t answer it...move on
Exactly. Idiots are shocked that a cac that their sending their money to is readily available to converse with their gullible asses. SMH

heisenburrr

Have Fun Staying Poor
Daps
There are people much more powerful than all of us who feel the same way you do...
...no CEO is going to take that chance going against them unless they were in it 100%.

A bunch of public company made dubious "partnership" with shyt tokens and scams in 2017. You don't know your history breh