1 BTC = $8.2k, it’s up 735% this yr UPDATE 5/19: BTC @ $42k :damn:

1-8-7-Skillz

Superstar
Daps
Whats yall opinion on litecoin ? :jbhmm:
Im in btc and eth, but what about litecoin ? What kinda future you see for it ?

Clark Wayne

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
FL
@1-8-7-Skillz
Litecoin is in that odd spot right now. It’s still relevant because of its longevity and the idea that it’s faster and the silver to BTC’s gold.

While it still has a dedicated following it doesn’t really have anyone major pushing it and not that much hype behind it. If you’ve paid attention you will see it’s slowly been making it’s way out of the top 10 in terms of market cap.

Market cap isn’t the end all be all, but only being the cheaper little brother to BTC won’t cut it with some of these other projects out there.

cobra

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Whats yall opinion on litecoin ? :jbhmm:
Im in btc and eth, but what about litecoin ? What kinda future you see for it ?
litecoin = silver
bitcoin = gold

it will never outpace btc
ok for short term trading (however, there are better choices) but not for hodling

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
i dunno if they will go that low, just saying I would not be surprised if history repeats itself and prices fall off a cliff.

I’m on the fence...I can’t call it at this point...it will definitely cool off but maybe just maybe it won’t take the plunge this time and will just establish new “lows”

I posted this elsewhere...and I have to admit shyt could play out differently this time...this is in regards to altcoins...BTC will be fine no matter what...that shyt has proven itself beyond any doubt at this point

ya I’m still somewhat “scarred” from 2018 with all the money I left on the table/positions I was forced to vacate...to be fair tho the circumstances surrounding crypto are different...during that time, a lot of banks were shutting ppl’s accounts down and giving them 30 day notices to withdraw funds for buying crypto, all major credit card companies stopped customers from using cc’s to buy crypto, and the final nail in the coffin was SEC scaring foreign exchanges and ICOs into not dealing with US citizens who made up a huge portion of the market...US citizens were effectively kicked out the market with the option of dealing with places like coinbase and gemini which only offered 3 different tokens at the time (BTC, ETH, LTC)...kraken and bittrex were around but they had limited volume...the game is different tho so <@275522195952893952> may have a point about public sentiment not waning this time with institutions now legitimately getting behind crypto

jilla82

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
the internet
I’m on the fence...I can’t call it at this point...it will definitely cool off but maybe just maybe it won’t take the plunge this time and will just establish new “lows”

I posted this elsewhere...and I have to admit shyt could play out differently this time...this is in regards to altcoins...BTC will be fine no matter what...that shyt has proven itself beyond any doubt at this point
the game is 100% different.

Dont sit on the fence.
Micro Strategy and Tesla jumping in changed the game.

If you want to get into the details (goes into economic policies and why people are converting to BTC)...check this out
The Bitcoin Standard Podcast

Last edited: