1 BTC = $8.2k, it’s up 735% this yr UPDATE 5/19: BTC @ $42k :damn:

cobra

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Exactly. That is the trap too many people fall into. At my portfolios BTC peak, I was around triple digit BTC, then decided to take a chance on a few specific alts, and got smoked. This was years ago, but it still sucks. I have BTC and one alt that I've been in for years that has strong backing and I believe will be a major player in this space.
So how do you profit?

by buying dips and selling highs of BTC

or just continually investing in BTC

heisenburrr

Have Fun Staying Poor
Daps
I keep seeing "its too late for xyz coin"

Its not too late for anything.
The space is super young.

Were spoiled with seeing these crazy gains...
...in normal times people are happy with a 5% growth in their portfolio.

Folks are now unhappy with seeing 100% gain over a year :mjlol:

I know right.. What a world..

BucciMane

Kristina Schulman Bro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Real Titletown
So how do you profit?

by buying dips and selling highs of BTC

or just continually investing in BTC

For me personally, I've held for the most part. And, I would invest along the way, but mostly just holding. Don't want to play the game where I get burned. The project I'm most heavily invested in has been up significantly over the past month, and I believe will be in the top 20 in the near future. Grayscale believes that as well, no matter what Grayscale detractors say.

jilla82

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
the internet
Well I think about it this way, if I can only put $500 in and make $500 profit over a year, that's not really getting me anywhere. Trust me, I'd put $10k in if I could
before you get into the more risky stuff you have to learn whats going on.

ETH is like $1.7K right now...
...most people in the space think by years end it will be somewhere between $5K (on the low end) - $20K (on the high end)...
...thats not good to you?

cobra

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Most definitely, just like I gotta be cool with losing $500.

That said, if BTC reaches 100k, I'm not gonna profit much. If BTC reaches 1 million though:whoo:

the thing is people are just using BTC as a way to store cash as a back up option; similar to Gold

ETH is programmable and and applications can use its interface to build interesting things, but I haven’t really seen any crypto apps take off in the real world yet

Also ETH doesn’t have the cap of 21 million coins like BTC, so it stands to reason that it will never reach the heights of Bitcoin

These are just my thoughts....trying to figure out if I should Dollar cost average bitcoin or Ethereum

like you said the maximum return for bitcoin this year will probably be 100%; and it probably will be. Lot less than that

Ezekiel 25:17

Veteran
Daps
before you get into the more risky stuff you have to learn whats going on.

ETH is like $1.7K right now...
...most people in the space think by years end it will be somewhere between $5K (on the low end) - $20K (on the high end)...
...thats not good to you?

I'm a long holder type, so I'd say it's good, I'd have to keep dropping money into it.

Right now I'm about to sign up for Binance to get into Cardano.

Long term I'll be BTC, ETH, and ADA

jilla82

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
the internet
I'm a long holder type, so I'd say it's good, I'd have to keep dropping money into it.

Right now I'm about to sign up for Binance to get into Cardano.

Long term I'll be BTC, ETH, and ADA
this is the way

Last year I did the same thing as breh in this Tweet.
Once I saw the opportunity in BTC and the rest...I did nothing but work and save my money

I obsessed to the point I had a friend sit me down and ask if I was depressed because I wasnt out chasing p*ssy.

heisenburrr

Have Fun Staying Poor
Daps
The project I'm most heavily invested in has been up significantly over the past month, and I believe will be in the top 20 in the near future. Grayscale believes that as well, no matter what Grayscale detractors say.

Damn breh... Grayscale funds are littered with garbage assets... don't tell me you're betting the farm on Zcash or worse... Horizen :/

BucciMane

Kristina Schulman Bro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Real Titletown
Damn breh... Grayscale funds are littered with garbage assets... don't tell me you're betting the farm on Zcash or worse... Horizen :/

They have some that I believe are garbage, but Horizen is actually a great project with a great team and solid backing.

I'm not a fan of ZEC, MANA, and ETC, but I do believe ZEN is a great project with great use. They have the backing of Celsius as well.

However, that's all I'll say about it in here as I'm not going to shill projects I'm in. If you do not like Horizon, then we'll just have to agree to disagree.:yeshrug:.

Uitomy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Anxiety attacks and sugar cookies
What exchanges are you using to purchase Cardano? Logged into my Gemini account back from 2017:wow:I'm trying keep shyt as simple as possible , not tryna use 3-4 websites.

Y'all ever try that Gemini credit card that gives 3% back in bitcoin?:ohhh:
So far it's ok kucoin, kraken, maybe binance us idk, and voyager. Voyager so far the simplest way to buy it to me cause of ach, although I like trading it on kucoin when I make some gains.

Uitomy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Anxiety attacks and sugar cookies
If you bought through a brokerage like coin base or robinhood then yes you will have to pay taxes on bitcoin

why are people mad at me for bringing up taxes :bryan: do posters here not know you have to pay taxes on crypto currency’s now :bryan:
That's if you cash out tho, there going to have to come up with some major regulations for people who purchase shyt without cashing their shyt out. I know for me I only cash out small amounts that really don't mean shyt. But I wouldn't directly cash out more than 20k and because I've had it so long it's long-term capital gains tax, but I'll put that money into trading cards and write that shyt off anyway. fukk american taxes, they take all that money and can't be bothered to even fukking fix our roads n shyt