1 BTC = $8.2k, it’s up 735% this yr UPDATE 5/19: BTC @ $42k :damn:

Uitomy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Anxiety attacks and sugar cookies
Wtf is halving
Btc gets mined on the block chain and then put out there for you to purchase. Think of how like a mining company may mine say, 1 ton of gold a day. Basically most miners could mine about 12 btc per block before 2020 I think, then after the halvening that year, it's 6, 2024 it'll be 3 and 2028 it will be 1.5, so essentially miners will be mining less and less and less btc until it's at the point only fractions of it will be mined per day making it deflationary as fukk because it'll take more work to produce less and less of it every 4 years until it's nothing left. So the more you can get now the less everyone else will get because it's only 21 mill total that can be mined...........but 18 mill already have! Also dyor that was like a laymen's explanation

heisenburrr

Have Fun Staying Poor
Daps
Billions have been staked and it has the network effect and dev talent poolUOTE]

The same protocol devs that have fukked up left and right.

You guys are so awestruck with the memes your mind isnt able to process even the possibility that the task is too large and complex and that they will fail

Ezekiel 25:17

Veteran
Daps
Yeah like I know for me I just use it as a savings. I managed to get a good chunk to ride the wave up but it's a lot of alts that haven't reached their full usecase potential to get into

If Bitcoin hits 100k in the future, what's the potential of Ethereum? Is it a good coin to get into?

BucciMane

Kristina Schulman Bro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Real Titletown
Bitcoin is way to late to get in at this point. I'm looking into Ethereum.

It's not too late. That's not to say there can't be a pullback/correction, but people have been saying for years that it's too late, and all that happens is BTC goes up as the majority of alts don't keep pace with BTC.

Ezekiel 25:17

Veteran
Daps
It's not too late. That's not to say there can't be a pullback/correction, but people have been saying for years that it's too late, and all that happens is BTC goes up as the majority of alts don't keep pace with BTC.

Yeah but I can't afford BTC like that. Ethereum I can slowly, but surely cop 1 coin.

The cheaper the coin, the more I can gain. People been talking about XRP, so I might drop $500 into that.

Uitomy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Anxiety attacks and sugar cookies
If Bitcoin hits 100k in the future, what's the potential of Ethereum? Is it a good coin to get into?
Potential is pretty big because it's laid the foundational network for Defi. A 100k btc means people are going to flip a shytload of profit into eth for the 2.0 staking upgrade, actually staking and lending anywhere. And I also think eth is going to take a lot of the concepts of projects like polkadot and piggy back off of them. 100k btc means extra funding for the alt market. Def something I'm investing in now.

BucciMane

Kristina Schulman Bro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Real Titletown
Yeah but I can't afford BTC like that. Ethereum I can slowly, but surely cop 1 coin.

The cheaper the coin, the more I can gain. People been talking about XRP, so I might drop $500 into that.

You don't have to purchase an entire coin.

If you put $500 in BTC v.s. another coin, no matter the coin, and BTC goes up more percentage wise, then you'd be better with BTC.

I'm not going to tell you what to do one way or another, but most people that have struggled in this space do so because they think BTC is too costly, and put it into some trash. Not saying ETH specifically, but generally speaking.

Hope you make good money though on whichever coin(s) you go with.