1 BTC = $8.2k, it’s up 735% this yr UPDATE 5/19: BTC @ $42k :damn:

DrunkenNovice

Superstar
Daps
@heisenburrr

What do you think about governments (like chinca) developing their own coins, and what impact do you think it will have to bitcoin if the fed decides to create their own?

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
What I want to know is what makes it so that Bitcoin can't be beat or duplicated. If there is nothing like it, what is stopping something else from being created that can be just as good or better?

boils down to belief...that’s what’s so fascinating about witnessing this in real time...why will some women scrunch up their face if you offer them a green/white piece of paper with one dead dude on it but willingly do unimaginable things if another dead dude’s face is on that same green/white piece of paper? cuz we’ve been taught to believe that one piece of paper currency holds more value than another and have accepted it...there might be better options for digital currency but for w/e reason (maybe bcuz it was among the first and seems to be the most rare potentially) folks believe in bitcoin...shyt went from being only worth $0.17 to
almost $47,000 more so on a belief system imo than any technical merits and that’s not a knock on it cuz the same holds true for many forms of currency or more so assets that appreciate

Last edited:

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
a BTC halving should be happening again soon right?

every 4 years...the last one is 2104 I believe...I’ll long be dead...shyt damn near all of us will...if I could pick one spot in the future to visit, that’d be the year...I’d love to see how much it’s worth prior to that last halvening and what it would shoot you to after...oh yeah and maybe check in on my grandkids/great grandkids if I have any :rolleyes:

Jahbarri

Banned
Daps
Reppin
MONTREAL
every 4 years...the last one is 2104 I believe...I’ll long be dead...shyt damn near all of us will...if I could pick one spot in the future to visit, that’d be the year...I’d love to see how much it’s worth prior to that last halvening and what it would shoot you to after...oh yeah and maybe check in on my grandkids/great grandkids if I have any :rolleyes:
Wtf is halving

Uitomy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Anxiety attacks and sugar cookies
boils down to belief...that’s what’s so fascinating about witnessing this in real time...why will some women scrunch up their face if you offer them a green/white piece of paper with one dead dude on it but willingly do unimaginable things if another dead dude’s face is on that same green/white piece of paper? cuz we’ve been taught to believe that one piece of paper currency holds more value than another and have accepted it...there might be better options for digital currency but for w/e reason (maybe bcuz it was among the first and seems to be the most rare potentially) folks believe in bitcoin...shyt went from being only worth $0.17 to
almost $47,000 more so on a belief system imo than any technical merits and that’s not a knock on it cuz the same holds true for many forms of currency or more so assets that appreciate
Also it's the fact that the way satoshi made this shyt it's the most decentralized coin PERIOD. Literally every single coin out there worth it's weight and the shytty ones have a central group or person you can point at and if shyt goes wrong (illegal actions, hacks, etc) then those figures can be sought after, they also can have direct effects on their projects and what not. With bitcoin it's a pure free for all of anyone who wants to buy it, there's nothing anyone can do to stop it. Sec and governments can't sue bitcoin, if they don't get your private keys and phrases they can't take yours either, nobody can call satoshi and demand he answers questions or shows up n court, it's the premier currency for independence and thus it's the most reliable crypto imo.