1 BTC = $8.2k, it’s up 735% this yr UPDATE 5/19: BTC @ $42k :damn:

Eclipser

All Star
Daps
Americans are not allowed to use his site BitMEX but many of them do via changing their IP when they sign up. so they’re trying to claim that he’s violating US law by not doing everything possible to end it.

Really they’re just assmad that a black man has a successful crypto trading platform that is profitable regardless of where crypto is, while they’re all hurting from the bear market.

2hs0x6s.png
They have also peculiarly made Trevon James the face of the Bitconnect scandal. Real :mjpls: vibes coming from reddit, as usual.

JayGatsby

R.I.P CHINX
Daps
£100m twins from south London created cryptocurrency in mum's kitchen

stevesamwilliams1709a.jpg

Steve Williams (left) and brother Sam have become multi-millionaires ( )
ES News Email

or register with your social account

I would like to receive lunchtime headlines Monday - Friday plus breaking news alerts by email

Identical twins who grew up in a tough south Londonneighbourhood became multi-millionaires by designing one of the world’s leading cryptocurrencies in their mother’s kitchen.

Steve and Sam Williams, 39, whose parents emigrated from Nigeria in the early Seventies, spent four years working on the software behind their Populous PPT currency in the family home in Brockley.

It helps small and medium-sized businesses with cash flow. Within the first five days of launching in June last year, demand was so strong that the initial batch of tokens was worth more than £8 million.

ADVERTISING
inRead invented by Teads
Populous is now rated as the 51st most valuable cryptocurrency in the world out of about 2,000, with a market value of about £100 million.

They own 16 million Populous “tokens” worth a total of $55.3 million (£42.3 million) at today’s price of 3.46 cents per token. At the peak of the Bitcoin frenzy at the start of the year their holding was valued at close to £1 billion.

The success means that Sam now lives in a Knightsbridge apartment and Steve, who lives in Essex with his wife and two young children, sends his six-year-old to private school. Their offices are in Mayfair and they have become friends with stars, such as rapper 50 Cent and boxer Floyd Mayweather.
stevesamwilliams1709b.jpg

Steve Williams (right) and brother Sam with rapper 50 Cent
In the brothers’ first newspaper interview, they told the Evening Standard that the outcome could have been very different as they were “always in trouble” as schoolboys.

Steve, who is older by one minute, said: “It was very tough in terms of gang violence. You had no choice: you either got bullied or you pretended to be part of one of the gangs to safeguard yourself.”

• READ MORE
This gallery is selling its entire collection for cryptocurrency

The three-bedroom terrace where they grew up with their mother, a chef, accountant father and sister, was so cramped that Sam sometimes had to sleep on the sofa.

Steve studied advanced business in sixth form in Lewisham, while Sam took a course in computer programming.

In 2008 Steve was charged and convicted of obtaining money transfers by deception and served 18 months of a three-and-a-half-year jail term.

He said the experience “made me learn a lot about what it means to be a victim of crime and how it impacts on them. It filled in some elements that were missing in me and opened my eyes to what could happen to me.”

Sam has since launched two other crypto coins called Zloadr and DocTailor, aimed at legal professionals. Steve added: “We have gone through a lot together as brothers and it is great that all our hard work has paid off.”

Supa

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

ES News Email

I would like to receive lunchtime headlines Monday - Friday plus breaking news alerts by email

Identical twins who grew up in a tough south Londonneighbourhood became multi-millionaires by designing one of the world’s leading cryptocurrencies in their mother’s kitchen.

Steve and Sam Williams, 39, whose parents emigrated from Nigeria in the early Seventies, spent four years working on the software behind their Populous PPT currency in the family home in Brockley.

It helps small and medium-sized businesses with cash flow. Within the first five days of launching in June last year, demand was so strong that the initial batch of tokens was worth more than £8 million.

ADVERTISING
inRead invented by Teads
Populous is now rated as the 51st most valuable cryptocurrency in the world out of about 2,000, with a market value of about £100 million.

They own 16 million Populous “tokens” worth a total of $55.3 million (£42.3 million) at today’s price of 3.46 cents per token. At the peak of the Bitcoin frenzy at the start of the year their holding was valued at close to £1 billion.

The success means that Sam now lives in a Knightsbridge apartment and Steve, who lives in Essex with his wife and two young children, sends his six-year-old to private school. Their offices are in Mayfair and they have become friends with stars, such as rapper 50 Cent and boxer Floyd Mayweather.

In the brothers’ first newspaper interview, they told the Evening Standard that the outcome could have been very different as they were “always in trouble” as schoolboys.

Steve, who is older by one minute, said: “It was very tough in terms of gang violence. You had no choice: you either got bullied or you pretended to be part of one of the gangs to safeguard yourself.”

The three-bedroom terrace where they grew up with their mother, a chef, accountant father and sister, was so cramped that Sam sometimes had to sleep on the sofa.

Steve studied advanced business in sixth form in Lewisham, while Sam took a course in computer programming.

In 2008 Steve was charged and convicted of obtaining money transfers by deception and served 18 months of a three-and-a-half-year jail term.

He said the experience “made me learn a lot about what it means to be a victim of crime and how it impacts on them. It filled in some elements that were missing in me and opened my eyes to what could happen to me.”

Sam has since launched two other crypto coins called Zloadr and DocTailor, aimed at legal professionals. Steve added: “We have gone through a lot together as brothers and it is great that all our hard work has paid off.”

We need more of this. Besides these guys, the Bitmex CEO, and Balina I can't think of any brothers who are really out there. I know when I look at the teams of damn near every coin it's all white and Asian. We need some developers.

GnauzBookOfRhymes

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Only people that will make money are the ones that are able to read the psychology of the market. I said this before but the prices have no relationship to the traditional metrics that investor should look at when pricing assets.

Blockchain and crypto currency will be pervasive in the future but the platforms etc will ha e to be built from the ground up, and unless governments are intricately involved you’re not going to have enough buy in to make it viable and insulated from the wild swings in price etc.

Terms of Service Violation

Hackers are illegally generating Monero, Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies by exploiting a software flaw that was leaked from the U.S. government, according to new research, raising questions about the security of one of the fastest-growing corners of financial markets.

Detected cases of illicit cryptocurrency mining -- the digital equivalent of minting money -- have surged 459 percent in 2018 compared to last year, Cyber Threat Alliance said in a report released Wednesday.

The spike is tied to the 2017 leak of Eternal Blue, a tool to exploit vulnerabilities in outdated Microsoft Systems software. When the tool became known, it tipped hackers to a previously unknown flaw in the software, now the basis of some hackers’ efforts to commandeer computing power of others to generate digital currency.

As of July this year, 85 percent of all illicit cryptocurrency mining has targeted Monero, according to the report. Bitcoin made up about 8 percent, while other cryptocurrencies accounted for 7 percent.

Hackers can "sit back and watch the money roll in," said Neil Jenkins, chief analytic officer of Cyber Threat Alliance, a group formed in 2014 by a consortium of cyber-security firms to share intelligence about cyber-threats. While the hacks are occurring across the globe, a significant portion are in the U.S., he added.

Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies are generated through a process of solving complex mathematical equations, which requires significant computing power. Most users and investors lack the means to create, or mine, cryptocurrency and simply buy it from an online exchange. When hackers illicitly generate currency using others’ computers, it creates free money for them and could erode the overall value of the currency by increasing its supply.

Eternal Blue was allegedly stolen from the National Security Agency and leaked last year in an unsolved breach by a hacking group that calls itself the Shadow Brokers. The group has repeatedly released tools from that breach.

WannaCry, North Korean hackers shut down computers in dozens of countries, including Britain, where hospitals were hit. In the second, known as NotPetya, Russia used Eternal Blue to hack computers at companies including Denmark’s A.P. Moller-Maersk A/S, leading to billions of dollars of damage, according to the White House.

“A security update was released in March 2017. Customers who applied the update are protected,” Jeff Jones, a senior director at Microsoft Corp., said in a statement.

The NSA declined a request for comment.

"The threat of illicit cryptocurrency mining represents an increasingly common cybersecurity risk for enterprises and individuals," according to the report. And the “rapid growth shows no signs of slowing down.”

Phitz

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
NULL

ES News Email

ADVERTISING
inRead invented by Teads

lol why do they look nervous in the 50 cent picture?

DrHackenbush

Happy wars/sad love songs
Daps
Quant looks like a great project..Wish I had got in a few weeks ago, anyone interested do a quick google search

Last edited: