1 BTC = $8.2k, it’s up 735% this yr UPDATE 5/19: BTC @ $42k :damn:

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
oh wow...this thread was only started last november...the other board I was on enabled us to get a decent head start on things...a lot of us were in the market @ the very start of 2017

*edit*

wait a minute...y’all have an ongoing thread here dating back to 2013 so I don’t understand the hate/ignorance from some posters just cuz they’re not eating...it’s absolutely their fault...no excuses

Official CryptoCurrency Thread (Bitcoin, Litecoin, Ethereum & More)

ThaRealness

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Madison
Thank fukk, I was getting shook and mad that I missed $6k. ETH down to $225 and JNT down to $.08, I’m gon eat.
We've seen the risk, what is the reward at this point? If bitcoin can drop 1k in a day, what makes you think it will ever get to 10k?

Drones

Visions of $
Daps
We've seen the risk, what is the reward at this point? If bitcoin can drop 1k in a day, what makes you think it will ever get to 10k?
The short answer is because the tech behind it is revolutionary and because we’ve repeatedly seen it go dormant like this. Only to bounce back higher than ever before, every single time. There’s too much big money involved in this crypto movement for it to stay sleep forever.

Honestly I don’t think $10k is anything compared to where this thing is going

ThaRealness

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Madison
The short answer is because the tech behind it is revolutionary and because we’ve repeatedly seen it go dormant like this. Only to bounce back higher than ever before, every single time. There’s too much big money involved in this crypto movement for it to stay sleep forever.

Honestly I don’t think $10k is anything compared to where this thing is going
Most definitely. But how could crypto curren$ys affect the average person? As it stands, crypto is just a minor hassle (took me about 30 minutes to purchase some btc) that most people aint trynna deal with.

Drones

Visions of $
Daps
Most definitely. But how could crypto curren$ys affect the average person? As it stands, crypto is just a minor hassle (took me about 30 minutes to purchase some btc) that most people aint trynna deal with.
When it’s fully fleshed out, The blockchain is going to operate in the background of the services people use every day and it’s going to cut out a lot of the middlemen we see across various sectors of society.

As far as ease of use, Look at it like this. Less than 5% of the US population is estimated to own crypto. At its peak, once fungibility is solved and crypto is simplified enough for your granny to use it, it will be used every day. If BTC has gone up from a few cents to $6,200 today, with less than 5% of the US population using it, imagine where it could be with 95% of the population using it.

For my money I’m betting on it now before the bandwagon truly starts in a few years. Because I’ll tell you this too. The next bull run we have, and it’s coming, isn’t going to be the last one.

ThaRealness

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Madison
When it’s fully fleshed out, The blockchain is going to operate in the background of the services people use every day and it’s going to cut out a lot of the middlemen we see across various sectors of society.

As far as ease of use, Look at it like this. Less than 5% of the US population is estimated to own crypto. At its peak, once fungibility is solved and crypto is simplified enough for your granny to use it, it will be used every day. If BTC has gone up from a few cents to $6,200 today, with less than 5% of the US population using it, imagine where it could be with 95% of the population using it.

For my money I’m betting on it now before the bandwagon truly starts in a few years. Because I’ll tell you this too. The next bull run we have, and it’s coming, isn’t going to be the last one.
I just wish I could still use it to buy drugs :snoop:

But I understand your point. Now... why would the national banks want to compete with an alternative curren$y?

Drones

Visions of $
Daps
Personally I feel as if someone would have to uproot the entire power structure to implement bitcoin the way you're talking about it. Where that energy coming from?
From the eventual rejection of that fake ass backed by nothing dollar that loses value every single year. PM me if you have anymore questions, I love my Coli fam but theres too many weirdos reading this that don't deserve the game.