$1.6 billion reparations paid by U.S. government

Matt504

YSL as a gang must end
Daps
I'm glad you figured that out all by yourself.

But who are you suing and on the behalf of who exactly?

A judge (and rightfully so) may expect you to trace in detail who you were a descendant of and where...

I'm not suing anyone, I'm speaking about Johnny Cochrans efforts to sue the United States government on behalf of African Americans.

you do realize that AMERICA, the country that brought slaves to this country, NEVER made any effort to inform slave descendants of ANY of that information that they would have been priviliged to.

all African Americans can say with certainty is that we left Africa from the west coast and were brought to America and have been here ever since.

godkiller

"We are the Fury"
Daps
Reppin
NULL
.....which came out to be $20,000 per person, to Japanese Americans for what it deemed it's wrong decision to detain them in internment camps from February 19,1942-December 17,1944.

Dillon S. Myer who was the director of the camps they were held in stated the Japanese Americans had grown increasingly depressed, and overcome with feelings of helplessness and personal insecurity.

It is said that many of the detainees lost irreplaceable personal property due to the restrictions on what could be taken into the camps along with a lot of their belongings being lost and destroyed in governmental storage.

$0 billion dollars paid to "African-Americans" for the holocaust they inflicted on us tho.

:wtf:

But the government doesn't want to pay reparations for slavery?

Last edited:

filial_piety

Banned
Daps
Reppin
I95S
Dont flip this on me....you were the one who made the point that the Japanese men and women who were paid reparations, were direct victims. Not only is this wrong (heirs were paid if direct victims were deceased), but I fail to understand what the relevancy is. Segregation ended 50 years ago, and most of those men and women are still alive today.

You fail to "understand the relevancy" because you simply can't answer the question.

Simply claiming that someone is trying to "flip this on you" isn't going to cut it.

The Japanese victims and their families can walk into a court room and identify their direct patrilineal/ matrilineal descendents and what was taken from them.

I referred you to an attorney if you believe that you have a similar case to make on your own behalf. If you think that you have a case, then you should have no problem getting a settlement or winning the case altogether.

I on the other hand, wouldn't have much of a case.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
we never got reparations and those groups did, that's what it has to do with us.

:ohlawd:

If this thread is going to be a bytching thread and you don't like bytching, then excuse yourself from it and "build something".

Many Black people to this day don't even know about the Japanese internment camps and the fact that they received reparations, this thread details that along with the fact that Black people, who were slaves since this countries inception received NOTHING, I think that's worth discussing, so do other posters in this thread.

If those groups deserved reparations and apologies, then we CERTAINLY deserve them too.

its not my fault that a lot of people dont read and dont know that the Japanese were in camps...:yeshrug:...i learned this in high school...

1. we're not getting reparations...
2. we're not getting reparations....and -> http://www.cbsnews.com/news/house-issues-formal-apology-for-slavery/ :usure:

now...the link shows me just how uninformed and ignorant you are

carry-on with the bytch fest...its what cats like to do on here...instead of you know.... actually doing something :troll:

godkiller

"We are the Fury"
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You fail to "understand the relevancy" because you simply can't answer the question.

Simply claiming that someone is trying to "flip this on you" isn't going to cut it.

The Japanese victims and their families can walk into a court room and identify their direct patrilineal/ matrilineal descendents and what was taken from them.

I referred you to an attorney if you believe that you have a similar case to make on your own behalf. If you think that you have a case, then you should have no problem getting a settlement or winning the case altogether.

I don't believe there's more reason to honor Japanese-Americans for their plight in WW2 than black Americans for their plight over the last few hundred years. There is no reckoning that the United States has any obligation to provide reparations to anyone, but if the country is going to so, then blacks are as deserving a group as any to receive dividends.

No_bammer_weed

✌️ Coli. Wish y’all the best of luck. One
Daps

What the fukk are you talking about? Seriously?

The exact language in the reparations decree for the Japanese, was that they were mistreated because of "race, prejudice... and failure of political leadership". Hmmm...THAT SOUNDS FAMILIAR

If the U.S established a government apology and individual reparations, similar to the Japanese, tomorrow, for all victims and the direct descendents of those who lived post emancipation to the the civil rights act, why exactly would I not be able to "walk into a courtroom" and establish lineage based on those guidelines?

Stop trolling.

Matt504

YSL as a gang must end
Daps
its not my fault that a lot of people dont read and dont know that the Japanese were in camps...:yeshrug:...i learned this in high school...

1. we're not getting reparations...
2. we're not getting reparations....and -> http://www.cbsnews.com/news/house-issues-formal-apology-for-slavery/ :usure:

now...the link shows me just how uninformed and ignorant you are

carry-on with the bytch fest...its what cats like to do on here...instead of you know.... actually doing something :troll:

so thankful we have brothers out here like you actually doing something..

:lawd:

Thank ya jesus, hondalabosha

o5fGRS8.jpg

filial_piety

Banned
Daps
Reppin
I95S
I'm not suing anyone, I'm speaking about Johnny Cochrans efforts to sue the United States government on behalf of African Americans.

you do realize that AMERICA, the country that brought slaves to this country, NEVER made any effort to inform slave descendants of ANY of that information that they would have been priviliged to.

all African Americans can say with certainty is that we left Africa from the west coast and were brought to America and have been here ever since.

Kid...you're arguing against yourself. I remember the Cochran case pretty well from back then.

I'm not against reparations for AAs, but I personally don't see the parallels with the slavery issue in contrast with Japanese Americans. If every Japanese American would have received compensation despite their inability to prove who,what when or how they were directly related to this incident...then I could see your point.

The unfortunate reality is proving a case like this on a micro level would be extremely difficult if not almost impossible. If you were a direct descendent of a slave in Virginia for example...who are you suing? The Feds? The State of Virginia? The county which they were enslaved? Next who directly related to you, was enslaved in that county? Whom were they "owned" by? What was the agreement? What were the working conditions, hours of labor etc etc?

The descendents of JA's however can say exactly who, what and how they were related to them, and what was lost as a result of the internment.

filial_piety

Banned
Daps
Reppin
I95S

The exact language in the reparations decree for the Japanese, was that they were mistreated because of "race, prejudice... and failure of political leadership". Hmmm...THAT SOUNDS FAMILIAR

If the U.S established a government apology and individual reparations, similar to the Japanese, tomorrow, for all victims and the direct descendents of those who lived post emancipation to the the civil rights act, why exactly would I not be able to "walk into a courtroom" and establish lineage based on those guidelines?

Stop trolling.

Please answer the question....why haven't you sued.

I could care less how many agree or disagree with your inane rants...

Matt504

YSL as a gang must end
Daps
Kid...you're arguing against yourself. I remember the Cochran case pretty well from back then.

I'm not against reparations for AAs, but I personally don't see the parallels with the slavery issue in contrast with Japanese Americans. If every Japanese American would have received compensation despite their inability to prove who,what when or how they were directly related to this incident...then I could see your point.

The unfortunate reality is proving a case like this on a micro level would be extremely difficult if not almost impossible. If you were a direct descendent of a slave in Virginia for example...who are you suing? The Feds? The State of Virginia? The county which they were enslaved? Next who directly related to you, was enslaved in that county? Whom were they "owned" by? What was the agreement? What were the working conditions, hours of labor etc etc?

The descendents of JA's however can say exactly who, what and how they were related to them, and what was lost as a result of the internment.

once again,

African Americans are direct descendants of slaves.

America brought them here.

had Americans not brought them here, we probably wouldn't be here today as African Americans.

Sue the United States of America.

why haven't I sued America? because I simply cannot afford to just like many other African Americans.

Johnny Cochran, one of the best lawyers in the known universe, began organizing a group to sue the US on behalf of African Americans.

those efforts were halted after his death.

No_bammer_weed

✌️ Coli. Wish y’all the best of luck. One
Daps
Please answer the question....why haven't you sued.

I could care less how many agree or disagree with your inane rants...

Individual Japanese Americans didnt "sue", they were given a formal apology collectively and redress and reparations in the form of 1.6 billion dollars. America didnt sneeringly ask Japanese Americans to "sue" if they had a problem with past mistreatment. America simply did was was right. Why the fukk do you keep asking me to "sue"?

I know what your bytch ass lil game is here, and I dont want to play it anymore.

filial_piety

Banned
Daps
Reppin
I95S

Stop trolling.
Since you refuse to answer the question (because you can't)...and you refuse to educate yourself on the matter...and you insist on going on psuedo-intellectual self righteous rants because someone dare challenge your sensitivity to the issue....then perhaps a bit of tutoring can guide you to the point that I was referring to...

CIVIL LIBERTIES ACT OF1988
Enacted by the United States Congress
August 10, 1988

“The Congress recognizes that, as described in the Commission on Wartime Relocation and Internment of Civilians, a grave injustice was done to both citizens and permanent residents of Japanese ancestry by the evacuation, relocation, and internment of civilians during World War II.

As the Commission documents, these actions were carried out without adequate security reasons and without any acts of espionage or sabotage documented by the Commission, and were motivated largely by racial prejudice, wartime hysteria, and a failure of political leadership.

The excluded individuals of Japanese ancestry suffered enormous damages, both material and intangible, and there were incalculable losses in education and job training, all of which resulted in significant human suffering for which appropriate compensation has not been made.

For these fundamental violations of the basic civil liberties and constitutional rights of these individuals of Japanese ancestry, the Congress apologizes on behalf of the Nation.”

Based on the findings of the Commission on Wartime Relocation and Internment of Civilians (CWRIC), the purposes of the Civil Liberties Act of 1988 with respect to persons of Japanese ancestry included the following:

1) To acknowledge the fundamental injustice of the evacuation, relocation and internment of citizens and permanent resident aliens of Japanese ancestry during World War II;

2) To apologize on behalf of the people of the United States for the evacuation, internment, and relocations of such citizens and permanent residing aliens;

3) To provide for a public education fund to finance efforts to inform the public about the internment so as to prevent the recurrence of any similar event;

4) To make restitution to those individuals of Japanese ancestry who were interned;

5) To make more credible and sincere any declaration of concern by the United States over violations of human rights committed by other nations