$1.6 billion reparations paid by U.S. government

JasonSJackson

Jah Sun Ma'at Ra
Daps
Reppin
Maat
It is impossible to get reparation for slavery because it will be difficult to trace an ancestor of slavery. Many descendant do not have any trace of their lineage....

I've addressed this point in the thread already

Turbulent

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You implied it.

And if you would have read the thread before you posted you would have seen the U.S. apology cited and posted.

Your 2nd point is foolishnes and your third point is cowardice.

Read the thread before you ask me anymore questions
i actually did read the thread. maybe i missed the post with the apology.

why is my second point foolishness?

I don't see why my third point is cowardice. I'm basically saying the reparations won't be worth anything. i also stressed this is not a reason not a specific reason not to do it if you're about getting a "moral victory".

Poitier

My Words Law
Supporter
Daps
i actually did read the thread. maybe i missed the post with the apology.

why is my second point foolishness?

I don't see why my third point is cowardice. I'm basically saying the reparations won't be worth anything. i also stressed this is not a reason not a specific reason not to do it if you're about getting a "moral victory".

You're arguing with an idiot, breh.

J-Nice

A genius is the one most like himself
Supporter
Daps
I wouldn't mind seeing the movement started again by some high powered attorneys who can get the job done. But I'm also in favor of us taking this case to the U.N and suing the U.S for human rights violations.

Benjamin Sisko

Still that resident truth-bringer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO
The LARGE MAJORITY of the people killed by those bombs were civilians (comprising the ELderly, women AND CHILDREN!) You telling me you believe all of those people to be evil???

America is doing EVIL shyt to the people of this world RIGHT NOW! So by your logic, the assertion that the towers were brought down by people victims of some of those EVILS was the right thing to do?
First of all, that's war, people die. Innocents die. Soldiers die. Women and children are used as bait to kill enemy combatants. There was no way we would've won the War in the Pacific if we didn't cause a mass death in life to the Japanese, partly because they were SUICIDAL. War is ugly. American soldiers abide by the Geneva Convention, so their are less war crimes, compared to who we are fighting.

Second, my original post to @funeral was to show that the Japs got nuked because they were a monumental threat to America and the rest of Asia, and America at that time, could not go toe to toe with Japan without suffering huge amounts of loses. Along with they were the Nazis of the east.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Cant believe people in here believe they could not trace their lineage to slavery. A couple of years ago, my family traced our lineage back to the emancipation, both grandma and grandpops..i am a sixth generation son from slavery. My grandpop was a sharecropper who earned 10 cents a year TWICE..tracing your lineage is not some hard feat...most of you are closer to slavery than you think.

Moreover these reasons of nikkas would just blow it is :stopitslime::troll::dwillhuh::what::dahell::mindblown: all at the same time...would some nikkas blow it..yea but more than 10% of black people? :dahell: Gtfoh...what kind hate is that..

Daps
Reppin
Heed Breed.
Remember this when they try to play that "well Asians and Jews are succeeding, so why arent blacks?"....Both Asians and Jews received considerable reparations for their ordeals, and those were for specific and finite epochs in history. Blacks were enslaved for centuries, and segregated for close to a century, which made cruelty towards blacks intertwined into the fabric of this country.

"They gave blacks "professional sports" that comes with a free education.
Let you guys have BET , take over VH1 primetime.
Also let blacks have a ultimate run in hip hop and rap.
Also let blacks believe they are winning over other blacks in other parts of the world. " says with sarcasm .

"WAIT that doesnt really matter when you looks at African Americans as a whole huh? those chief keef, durk,lil joey, etc doesnt outweigh the horror in chicago right ??? the select few most people glorify is a smoke screen of yall constant loses . " says in jap accent.

"Yall should've went backed up Malcolm X , wouldve got more than holding hand with whites & going to school together" says malcom x gohst talking in third person

"im staring believe its embedded in blacks to be scared of whites. like yall traded that gene for the height and strength of breaded slaves. " says me

"its like when your dad puts you in your place then walks out the room , when the door shuts yall get rowdy flipping him off cussing while cryin , he opens the door yall get spooked and stay quiet . " says me.

"im totally talking out of my ass . " says me.

"fukk thermodynamics !" says me

JasonSJackson

Jah Sun Ma'at Ra
Daps
Reppin
Maat
First of all, that's war, people die. Innocents die. Soldiers die. Women and children are used as bait to kill enemy combatants. There was no way we would've won the War in the Pacific if we didn't cause a mass death in life to the Japanese, partly because they were SUICIDAL. War is ugly. American soldiers abide by the Geneva Convention, so their are less war crimes, compared to who we are fighting.

Second, my original post to @funeral was to show that the Japs got nuked because they were a monumental threat to America and the rest of Asia, and America at that time, could not go toe to toe with Japan without suffering huge amounts of loses. Along with they were the Nazis of the east.
So the people killed in the twin towers were casualties of war?

JasonSJackson

Jah Sun Ma'at Ra
Daps
Reppin
Maat
An attack like that on any countries soil will HAVE to be responded in WAR.
Look at you, dancing around the direct answer.

Were the people killed in the twin towers Casualities of war or were they "innocent" victims?

because if you believe they were simply casualities of war then you don't believe it was a terroristic attack by default......

baltimore

Pro
Daps
Cant believe people in here believe they could not trace their lineage to slavery. A couple of years ago, my family traced our lineage back to the emancipation, both grandma and grandpops..i am a sixth generation son from slavery. My grandpop was a sharecropper who earned 10 cents a year TWICE..tracing your lineage is not some hard feat...most of you are closer to slavery than you think.

Moreover these reasons of nikkas would just blow it is :stopitslime::troll::dwillhuh::what::dahell::mindblown: all at the same time...would some nikkas blow it..yea but more than 10% of black people? :dahell: Gtfoh...what kind hate is that..

yeah the talking points of alot of the dissenters against reparations in here are wild ignorant and racist..

--all/majority of the blacks would blow it on materialistic items and be right back in the same position -- dont give any of them shyt cause some would waste it?!?

--you were never a slave arguments -- i dont think people understand the generational economics.. your ancestors determine a lot of who you know and what you have

--you cant prove it happened to you and your family -- none talked about paths for people who can prove slavery descent

--stereotyping anyone for reparations as broke, needy and dependant people who need to empower themselves -- as if you can not multi task and pursue justice for your ancestors at the same time as creating a life for you and yours in the meantime..

--the whole argument of an unknown percentage of whites being able to also get reparations using the coli's own ruling for reparations is a reason to abort this mission -- as if whites didnt claim native american when reparations and land were being given out? why would that make the whole idea worth abandonment??

--africans/blacks that more recently migrated to america not being to partake in reparations being a reason to not pursue reparations??! (american black identity issues showcased)

i see some other posts that if this were to happen
"the reparations would be worthless"
"martial law would have be declared"
"america would go bankrupt to give reparations"
"its impossible to get reparations for slavery because it would be difficult to trace your ancestors back to slavery"

Alot of dumb reasoning to convince themselves its a lost cause. i see a bunch of idiocy on both sides but the blacks against apologies and reparations of any kind or amount by the american government of any kind or amount is dumbfounding.. if you are wiser than your fellow black americans about these topics them maybe guide them towards the correct kind of payment they should demand instead of belittling the whole movement because you cant fathom the american power system recognizing the past treatment of the blacks on the same scale as the other recognized genocides(i can see why you feel this way but your misguided in how you let these feelings show)

JasonSJackson

Jah Sun Ma'at Ra
Daps
Reppin
Maat
In "The Early History of German-Jewish Reparations" the authors Menachem Z Rosensaft and Joanna D Rosensaft, in their OPENING SENTENCES, say

"The tremendous catastrophe that befell European Jewry during the Holocaust is universally recognized as immeasurable in scope. Millions were murdered, thousands of Jewish communities were decimated, and at the end of the Second World War, several hundred thousand surviving Jews had become homeless refugees, or Displaced Persons ("DPs")."

How is it "immeasurable in scope" when MILLIONS of AFRICANS were MURDERED, their COMMUNITIES WERE DECIMATED, and MILLIONS OF THEM ARE STILL DISPLACED LIVING IN POVERTY.

These people don't even acknowldge our plight in the history of the world.........yet they will call you anti-semetic in a flash if you state apathy to thiers.

http://ir.lawnet.fordham.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=1851&context=ilj

Pazzy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
seriously speaking, there's NO form of money that could forgive those crimes against humanity. NOTHING. absolutely NOTHING. you can't put a price for the mental anguish, suffering, loss of life that, pain and etc that slavery as an institution and racism in general has had on us period as blacks, we're NOT the only victims of this though. everyone is. white people are just as much of victims as we are of slavery. we constantly look @ those that aren't black as if they're the enemy especially white people and they are no different than us. they were born in a world with this shyt and they have to deal with the weight of being accused of the ills of society that they don't even have shyt to do with. you know what i'm saying? every time i'm on this forum, you have folks basically saying "white people are responsible for shyt like slavery and are racist until proven otherwise". like how you gonna blame white people for what a few fukked up a$$holes did and tried to make normal. folks are going to think that i'm being an uncle tom or whatever BUT i mean... think about it though. what makes you think that a white guy or woman born in 1988 is as responsible for how the world was back then and is now like how you are as a black person? what can they do to fix it? the only thing they can do is just be educated and aware of how fukked up the system is where they're not falling victim to the ignorance out here and even that is difficult if that shyt is around you all the time. that's why i don't get this whole entire shyt where it seems to be acceptable to say racist shyt about white people and etc like really??? hell, all you can do is just learn not to be ignorant and learn from the mistakes of the past and try to fight the wrongs whenever you see it. if i see a white person getting discriminated against for being white or an asian person being called some racist shyt, i'll stand up for them. that ain't right. prejudice affects everybody even if you're not the victim of it because if it happened to one person, it can happen to you.

the only thing i can do is feel sorry for someone who is racist or feels that way. i can't hate them because they don't know any better. you just have to forgive someone for being ignorant. i'm happy that i know better enough to not stoop to that level. you can't fight hate with hate. you can fight it by with love and i'm not talking about a hug or some shyt. i'm talking about being empathic towards those that harbor those feelings because one thing for sure is that they're not at peace with themselves.

seriously, some of you guys need to read up on your history because you sound ignorant. as if money can basically say "i'm sorry". next thing you know, you'll have these ignorant fukks that will think it's okay to be racist or whatever else because the slate is clean or that the past should be forgotten.

and shame on all you folks that are willing to take that money. fukk that shyt. the damage is done and it's probably never going to be fixed UNTIL folks start educating themselves, getting into the system and basically fighting the smart way.

Last edited: