[1/18/23] AEW Dynamite: Willow vs. Storm, Darby vs. Kushida, OC vs. Lethal, Danielson vs. Bandido, Young Bucks vs. Top Flight, Starks vs. Lisp

SCJoe

All Star
Daps
I’m sure some brehs said already, but they added a tribute show after rampage

TheNatureBoy

Veteran
Daps
That Danielson/Bandido match was :ohlawd:. Bandido is really good, maybe he should wrestle more :skip:, unless he is tied up in Mexico or something. Would like to see him wrestle Rey Fenix or Swerve.

Is Keith Lee still selling the concrete attack :skip:

Did Athena get banished to ROH purgatory. The AEW original women vs WWE women is at least something decent for the division, plus Toni/Saraya work better as heels.

I'm in the minority, but I liked the main event and focus on the arm. Wasn't the typical you hit a big move, I hit a big move, kick out, kick out.

Hangman promo didn't need to be advertised if that was all he was going to say :bryan:.

AEW really does have a good tag division.

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
Another damn good show.

Bucks stay doing what’s best for wrasslin. Putting over talent. :obama: :salute: haters. :umad:

A Toni/Paige heel turn feels sudden, but I see it working as obnoxious heels. Just hope they don’t overkill the “holier than thou” E shyt. (It’ll happen, huh? :francis:)

Good main. Kushida got his shyt in.

Starboy52

Superstar
Daps
Aight, I managed to catch a few clips and shyt after work:

Thank fukk Top Flight beat those Swaggerless Dorks. :blessed: They’ve been needing as big win as a duo for a minute on Dynamite, and it doesn’t get much bigger than this. Hopefully it leads to something big down the line.

The Bandito/Danielson match looks like crack. I’ll watch it in full when I wake up.

The Saraya/Toni turn… I’m of two minds with it. The first is that Saraya definitely needed it. Her return as a face has been a fukking flop that has been treading lower and lower with each week. Toni’s turn came right the fukk out of nowhere, but it continues the trend of her playing second to someone else since… what? The first Rosa match? She just has shyt luck with timing, man.

OC has become one of my favorite acts in the company simply because he could use being a comedy gimmick as an excuse to not deliver in the ring. But that man can go. Also, Lethal has finally found his stride since that awkward first few weeks, but being around Jarrett & Sonjay probably helped out a lot.

Darby/Kushida looked alright. Should I watch or skip when I wake up?

Also… I didn’t wanna say it, but does anyone else feel like MJF’s promo chops took a hit since coming back? It doesn’t help that Tony had him go through the face/heel revolving door for the build to the title, but he’s doing paint by the numbers heel promos now and seems less engaged than he was say… during the Punk & Wardlow feuds. Maybe I’m bugging, but it feels like he took a step back on the mic. (Getting cooked by Ricky & Danielson in back to back weeks probably didn’t do him any favors)