[8/21/24] AEW's First European Dynamite + [8/23/24] Rampage Thread [NO SPOILERS]

TheAlbionist

All Star
Daps
Reppin
London
Oh and Mercedes/Britt stuff was fine. Mercedes is IN her heel character now and I get why Kamille had to take some licks from Britt tonight but I feel like we needed a few more squashes to at least build her mystique before we start slamming her into office chairs. She's looking a tiny bit big and dumb at the moment.

mannyrs13

Compound Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Focusville, USA
Finally managed to watch (and dole out the daps :salute:)

Good not great Dynamite with some great moments and a fun crowd.

Ospreay's getting bigger reactions than Davey Boy Smith EVER did and it's beautiful to see. With Davey we knew we had a decent, famous wrestler. With Will we know we've got one of the best in the world. People are so fukking excited for this lad.

Thought the segment with MJF was great overall and did everything it needed, but the £100k fine bit was hokey as shyt... felt like an episode of Deal or No Deal which is a reference Americans are about as likely to get as Barry Scott/Cillit Bang. NGL that popped me OFF the sofa, but my girl was sat there like :what:

Max calling us Redcoat Terrorists is gonna pop me every time. :pachaha:

Toni/Saraya was the most indie feeling match I've seen on AEW in a while. It was fine, it just all felt a bit weird. I still ride for Saraya, so fukk everyone. :demonic:

Okada/Claudio was great. I want it on All In, but I get it for All Out. Surely Okada shows up at All In though?! This should've main evented, but the pull of the pre-PPV multi-man brawl was too high I guess.

No Pac on anything so far is a travesty.

Sunday is gonna be FIRE

word on twitter is that the crowd was even more intense for collision.

mannyrs13

Compound Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Focusville, USA
They filmed Dynamite, Rampage, and. Illusion in the same night? :merchant:

At least the crowd stayed lit.
Illusion must be a new show i'm not familiar with. :russ:

nah but for real here's the truth.

last thursday i believe it was, unless it was live on saturday, they filmed collision and then this upcoming rampage.

so it was wednesday live dynamite followed by last fridays rampage.

then thursday it was collision filmed followed by the rampage for this fridays taping.

then last night they did dynamite and the collision taping.

so rampage is gonna have the esports arena setting and collision gonna have the cardiff arena setting.

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
word on twitter is that the crowd was even more intense for collision.
I read that Big Bill ended up being one of the most over wrestlers from the whole taping before the match was finished. It was only a 10-minute match so HOOK must have been bumping like he's Darby Allin or something.

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
i know they got the all in and out combo package. not sure if thats for international viewers that has the cheaper price. could be tempting especially with the vpn.
Yeah VPN is the way to go. With single PPVs it's like half the price. Think the combo pack is going to be like $37 thru Triller internationally. Also, you only have to be logged in to the VPN to purchase the PPV, you don't have to be logged into it to watch it since the PPVs on Triller are available in the US.

So you can just use one of them free VPNs for a couple minutes to buy the PPVs, don't have to spend the money to get a decent VPN.

However, if you bought an AEW PPV on Triller before they were available to purchase in the US, you will still have to be connected to your VPN to watch the replay.

mannyrs13

Compound Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Focusville, USA
Who’s the 80s Pawg with the Outrunners?

This match is straight territory wrestling in the best way :mjlol:

I don't think I noticed since I was typing something. Good that they have someone with them, and that they getting a main event spot. Feel like if booked correctly they can have a tag title reign within a year if not before All In Dallas. Not sure if they still consistent in ROH tho or in contention for those titles as well.

They got a good gimmick with that old school 80s style for sure.