PlayerNinety_Nine

Produced, Arranged, Composed and Performed by....
Daps
Prior to that gauntlet match, which was a month or 2 before Mania, Kofi was one of the last people we expected to be the next world champion :comeon:

Same can be said about D Bry far as timeframe go. It was the fans who pressured them into making that decision because D Bry was obviously NOT planned to win or even be in the match for that matter. :unimpressed:

I’m not saying Hangman should not ever be AEW champ, just saying this booking is way too predictable. It would be better if they made it look obvious someone else was in line to dethrone Omega then pull the swerve with Hangman. My issue ain’t him being champ one day or even next, it’s just how predictable the booking makes the whole title scene.

Nah - shyt is fine the way it is.

The idea of taking two years to competently tell a story is so alien to wrestling fans because Vince spent decades doing whatever the fukk every week, because people are so used to watching his show, that they'll tune in even if it's completely illogical.

Actually building a story and following it through is what sets AEW apart from WWE. They've used that to build audience trust. Succesfully pulling it off after such a long build will just affirm that trust further.

Just because an story point might be predictable doesn't mean it's no good. Most movies end with the good guy winning, yet people still watch them. Take Marvel for instance - they built a story over 10 years. From the first moment we saw Thanos on screen, we knew he was eventually going to take an L, no matter how much or little they took from the source material. It was predictable, but that didn't turn off the audience. In fact, it gave Disney some of the highest grossing movies of all time.

3Rivers

thaKEAF aint never lied
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Steel City
Everyone knows the Royal Rumble winner and MITB winner will eventually be champion, and it doesn't take away from the moment either.
ElectricAnyDwarfrabbit-size_restricted.gif

reserved_one

#Ambivertgang
Daps
Reppin
So.ILL/Raider Nation
Overall I thought the show was alright. I kinda hate that Miro lost the title already to Sammy after going on an incredible run since being repacked as a monster hell but if that means he’ll be in the world title picture then it’s a plus.

The Arn, Lee and Cody segment was great…Arn might be old now but he can still cut great promos. It added more depth to the fued with Black and I hope Lee gets a push and eventually finds his own identity.

Didn’t expect to see Lio Rush appear but I’m looking forward to seeing what his role gonna be there.

I’m sorry..but I’m starting to hate how Punk is being used currently. I understand that he’s a major attraction and a needle mover but did he really have to do commentary again? There shouldn’t be 4 commentators…that’s overkill. I’m starting to get tired of Punk already and he only wrestled twice so far smh.

TOAD99

Veteran
Daps
Yeah punk signing has been pretty underwhelming so far and I’m a fan of the guy:manny:

I know he needs to get rid of the rust, but he can still be doing soemthing more Interesting

on the flip side, I like how Danielson and Malakai have been used (as they’re among the most recent signees)

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
Y'all been asking this same question since early 2019 and every time somebody responds with a list of wrestlers they just get downplayed by the person asking the question only for some of those people to pop up on TV within the next year. The coli been asking this since the likes of Swerve, Bey and Hayes were all available.

There's literal hundreds more. Since the twitter backlash, AEW has signed Lee Moriarty and gave Darius Lockhart a look on Dark. That's all we asking for. Both of these guys are among some of the people who have been getting named from day 1 as black wrestlers that AEW should sign. They could literally be placed in the main show and not need some years long developmental slow burn to “get it” they already get it and they have “it”. Not to mention Lio Rush which is also a good look.

And no nobody’s ignoring the accomplishments of other black wrestlers in AEW. nikkas went up for Hobbs getting that look against Punk. But I’m not about to jump for joy because Lee Johnson who only seems to win on TV when Cody is by his side got a win over two lowcard talents knowing damn well next time he faces anybody established he’s taking an L.

It’s like y’all want nikkas to celebrate AEW doing the bare minimum with black people. “Red Velvet faced Britt Baker but that don’t fit y’all agenda :mjpls:” “Scorpio Sky cut a promo but that don’t fit y’all agenda :mjpls:”. Bro we want black wrestlers presented as legit main eventers it’s not that hard to spell out and it shouldn’t take years to build anybody to that point. It shouldn’t be controversial to expect a company that promised more diversity and inclusivity than other companies to be held to their word, and WWE taking 50 years for a black WWE champion doesn’t mean AEW has a pass to take 49 years.

You raise some good points

Which brings me to this.

You and others who seem to all of a sudden celebrate what the E is now doing for black wrestlers, while being a little more critical for AEW.

Where was y’all when TNA/IMPACT been doing these things for black wrestlers? And why didn’t y’all celebrate or give them their flowers then? Why did y’all dismiss Rich Swann and laugh at him?

You are right, it shouldn’t take years for black wrestlers to be presented as main eventers and that what make his situation look kinda funny in the light. This nicca was a dominant grand slam champ champ in TNA but when he came over….. he literally had to show his ASS before he was built up to be a legit guy.

Also the shyt that’s being done with RTruth when we all know the potential he has and how he can be sooooooooooooooooo much more.

You are right…. Niccas probably do wanna celebrate them doing the bare minimum. I won’t deny that. Cuz that’s what’s been going on and everyone programmed to do way before AEW existed. Some discussions can be made about how they did Bianca and how they been doing Sasha for years now.

The bare minimum been them getting the belts like now like “Happy” the. Drop the ball badly shortly