09/14/2024 Prime Video Presents CanElo vs Edgar Bagel

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
I think Berlanga is durable because when he got knocked down he wasnt out of it.

Canelo still had Berlanga going back all night.

The Bud that fought Madrimov would have to just rack up points on Nelo but power wise Canelo isnt fearing Bud so watching bud get stalked would be interesting

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
Berlanga has re-hydrated his last few fights to over 200 lbs.and said he'd try doing the same vs Canelo.

They're saying he was pretty close to that weight last night.

Now you're going to fight somebody coming up from 147 lbs. for an ultra payday?

Man you best believe Canelo wants that. Then he can retire after rolling through a big name.

I know Crawford is way more skilled, but that fight will look like Ryan Garcia vs Devin Haney honestly. A big difference is compared to Ryan, Canelo is a tank. It's too much of a difference in size. We've seen it too many times where bigger boxers used to fighting bigger fighters will work the smaller boxers more often than not.

Fighting an older boxer moving up 20 lbs. after you drove back and knocked down young fighters outweighing you by 30 lbs. will not be difficult.

Last edited:

((ReFleXioN)) EteRNaL

RIP MR. SMOKE
Daps
Highlights make it seem like berlanga was really lettin loose but dude was on the defensive damn near 90% of the fight. Just getting pummeled. To the point his father literally asked him if he's still alive:pachaha:....dude just kept going to the corner and shelling up. After his father had that talk with him, he did bite down and open up more but still very defensive. But he does get props for taking some big shots and never quitting.

But canelo's stamina once again looked great. Another high output fight for him. 464 punches overall. And he only got more active as the fight went on. 32 punches a round in the first half. 45 per round in the 2nd half.

Canelo looks mean again. Don't see anybody beating him at 168. Maybe not even bivol. David is way too wide on the inside and lunges too much. He doesn't have the pop or the physical strength to walk canelo down and he can't fight going backwards. Canelo gonna hunt him down like he does everyone else. Canelo is way more accurate and sharper on the inside. David got rocked by an Andrade uppercut. He never felt anything like what canelo will hit him with. Canelo in a very clear 10-2 type of fight. But if David fights like he did vs plant and Andrade he gets laid out. Just the facts :yeshrug:

((ReFleXioN)) EteRNaL

RIP MR. SMOKE
Daps
Berlanga has re-hydrated his last few fights to over 200 lbs.and said he'd try doing the same vs Canelo.

They're saying he was pretty close to that weight last night.

Now you're going to fight somebody coming up from 147 lbs. for an ultra payday?

Man you best believe Canelo wants that. Then he can retire after rolling through a big name.

I know Crawford is way more skilled, but that fight will look like Ryan Garcia vs Devin Haney honestly. It's too much of a difference in size. We've seen it too many times where bigger boxers used to fighting bigger fighters will work the smaller boxers more often than not.

Fighting an older boxer moving up 20 lbs. after you drove back and knocked down young fighters outweighing you by 30 lbs. will not be difficult.
It was obvious that berlanga rehydrated like crazy to increase his punch resistance. The size difference was insane. But canelo still looked far stronger. The only hope for any of these guys to beat canelo is to have such a huge size advantage that they can walk canelo down and take everything he has. It's the only reason people believe David can beat him. Cause there's no way in hell people believe David is a better fighter. They're not even in the same league when it comes to skill set.

NormanConnors

Detroit/MSU Spartan Life
Daps
Reppin
Detroit

There's not many fighters alive who can throw a left hook at this speed and sharpness. Even in the lower weight classes.

Even an old dog can surprise you with an quick bite. That was one particular segment, on a wider scale/entire fight I did not see 'blistering' speed. There were more than a handful of examples afterwards where he was coming up short/was late on the trigger or missed badly, all of it wasn't due to short arms.

Daps
Damn y’all really hate canelo in here :russ:

Dude has won all of his recent fights fairly easily but for some reason he should retire, and supposedly a dude that has never fought at that weight class will come up and beat him. I’d love to see Crawford catch them shots to his ribs, arms, and jaw.

And yes I think he’s scared of the monster.

((ReFleXioN)) EteRNaL

RIP MR. SMOKE
Daps
Even an old dog can surprise you with an quick bite. That was one particular segment, on a wider scale/entire fight I did not see 'blistering' speed. There were more than a handful of examples afterwards where he was coming up short/was late on the trigger or missed badly, all of it wasn't due to short arms.
That goes for everyone. Not just old guys. Even Roy wasn't fast all the time. And throwing every punch at the same speed is the best way to get timed. Canelo actually used to have a problem with that. Now he's constantly switching it up. It's why he can catch guys off guard so much.

But the fact that canelo can still reach that speed is insane. And scary for his opponents. You never know what you're gonna get at any moment. It's why his opponents are reluctant to engage. Especially when he can put your lights out with one of those shots.

Black Miller

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Columbia, SC via Niagara Falls, NY
While canelo is not what he was. He still has an iron chin after taking punches from GGG, kovalev, Jacobs and a lot of big punchers. Never getting dropped in process.

As much as I believe Bud has the ability to beat him, that's not gonna happen at 168. Canelo will be able to absorb his punches and throw crazy fire at him. Bud chin looked good in his last fight but going up an additional 14 pounds is too much at this point in his career as an older fighter. We don't even know how he would carry the weight or if it would make him sluggish movement wise. And his movement and punching while moving would be his only shot.

Jermell was bigger and moved up and just flat out refused to engage after feeling that fire. Bud would engage somewhat but I think he would get caught eventually and get stopped. But if he wants that work give him that work.

I still believe canelo would beat benavidez also. Besides Floyd Mayweather at a lower weight class no fighter just stood in the fire with canelo. Everyone always backs off. I think benavidez would be getting caught with stuff that would make him second guessing applying all that pressure. And under those lights the moment is more heightened. Canelo never losing to a dude standing with him and pressuring him. It was the move and sharp punchers that gave him trouble.

Even Lara, bivol, cotto all them dudes just got their work off and fell back in a lot of spots when it got hot. Even GGG was falling back in their fights just jabbing mostly.

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
While canelo is not what he was. He still has an iron chin after taking punches from GGG, kovalev, Jacobs and a lot of big punchers. Never getting dropped in process.

As much as I believe Bud has the ability to beat him, that's not gonna happen at 168. Canelo will be able to absorb his punches and throw crazy fire at him. Bud chin looked good in his last fight but going up an additional 14 pounds is too much at this point in his career as an older fighter. We don't even know how he would carry the weight or if it would make him sluggish movement wise. And his movement and punching while moving would be his only shot.

Jermell was bigger and moved up and just flat out refused to engage after feeling that fire. Bud would engage somewhat but I think he would get caught eventually and get stopped. But if he wants that work give him that work.

I still believe canelo would beat benavidez also. Besides Floyd Mayweather at a lower weight class no fighter just stood in the fire with canelo. Everyone always backs off. I think benavidez would be getting caught with stuff that would make him second guessing applying all that pressure. And under those lights the moment is more heightened. Canelo never losing to a dude standing with him and pressuring him. It was the move and sharp punchers that gave him trouble.

Even Lara, bivol, cotto all them dudes just got their work off and fell back in a lot of spots when it got hot. Even GGG was falling back in their fights just jabbing mostly.

Mell is athletic as hell and throws fire and Canelo had him looking like Shakur in the DLS fight lmfao

UpAndComing

Veteran
Daps
I think Berlanga is durable because when he got knocked down he wasnt out of it.

Canelo still had Berlanga going back all night.

The Bud that fought Madrimov would have to just rack up points on Nelo but power wise Canelo isnt fearing Bud so watching bud get stalked would be interesting

Again with this. I'm not even that gung ho about the Bud vs Canelo fight happening. But look at all his losses/draws

Did Floyd hurt Canelo AT ALL?
Did Lara hurt Canelo AT ALL?
Did GGG hurt Canelo AT ALL?
Did Bivol hurt Canelo AT ALL?

Canelo has a chin, that's established. But they still won because they had elite movement and Boxing skills

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
aight my thoughts

the prelim fights should have been on the main card.

villa was such a wildcard to me that i didnt put him in my parlay...reason being is that i thought boots gave him too much a beating that gave me pause....i was correct on that aspect...good upset win for salas in a nice little slugfest

fulton :smh: :francis:...fulton is only 2 fights removed from being a p4p 10 and castro made him look struggle....dont get me wrong it was a great scrap, i rate castro, and its the only fight on this shyt that i fukked with...fulton was nearly on the wrong end of an upset...truthfully i didnt think he won this fight either..fulton needs to be more active..if pbc cant get him more dates we have pro box among other platforms..with him i know he wants to fight so hes not sitting out because he wants too

main card

rolly is shyt and i truly think jaimes was told to tank a little bit..rolly gets marked up in a fight that was meant for him to get a stoppage...the rolly experiment is coming to an end and not a moment sooner

plant-mccumby was more entertaining than it should be and again inactivity is wreaking havoc on their careers...the fact that mccumby was competitive, was able to rock plant...dropped him unofficially...dropped him officially..is very telling..mccumby is a roid monkey with power..i give plant credit...he made an adjustment...sat on his punches more and eventually got him the fukk up outta there...again...he needs to be more active....in his case i think he is purposely inactive so saying he needs to go to probox is irrelevant...whatever gamestop belt he won is also irrelevant

garcia-lara was a terrible fight when it was rumors and its amazing that it progressed it...ive literally pointed out how danny moved wrong since damn near the beginning of this sub forum...he stopped wanting to be good/great the moment he beat lucas on floyd canelo....ppl made excuses for him all the time...now you see the end result of such movement..he wanted no smoke with the 154 killers after being a job boy at 147 so he went to try to cherry pick a 3rd division title at 160 from somebody with even more wear and tear than him...this fight was terrible in every sense of the word..danny basically had a panic attack the longer the fight went and the fact that a fairly light left hand dropped him let me know that...that caveman has eaten some real heat from real punchers..i know that punch didnt hurt but mental illness was written all over his face...but this shyt was too much for him...and angel pulled him out...lara was awful but he got the distinction of dropping and stopping danny garcia for the first time...so we shall see whats next for him...but somebody needs to step up to rebuild 160 and 58 year old lara is not the one.

canelo vs berlanga a cherry pick that went the distance...is as good as an L to me..berlanga is trash...this was a showcase for canelo to knock him out..instead berlanga is getting props for surviving...he didnt even sell out like that to get those types of props...and im sure canelo concussed him in the last couple of rounds lol.....all it was showing that while canelo's power is handy...there is plenty of regression in his boxing skillset and also physically...largely because hes been fighting since he was 15 and has over 60 something pro fights...he is in decline...we've seen the wrong fighter (for canelo) expose that...its all downhill from here...like i said i can see crawford and benavidez giving him something to think about...if he goes after bivol again, its all over...and im sure canelo wants no smoke with beterbiev either..168 still has fighters who can turn the trick on berlanga and give him the inevitable beating he will get

this was a bad PPV in every sense of the word...i hope to goodness that something like this is never aired on prime ppv again...the prelims saved this from being a complete F lol...this wasn't it at all