09/14/2024 Prime Video Presents CanElo vs Edgar Bagel

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
Again with this. I'm not even that gung ho about the Bud vs Canelo fight happening. But look at all his losses/draws

Did Floyd hurt Canelo AT ALL?
Did Lara hurt Canelo AT ALL?
Did GGG hurt Canelo AT ALL?
Did Bivol hurt Canelo AT ALL?

Canelo has a chin, that's established. But they still won because they had elite movement and Boxing skills

GGG and Lara Lost to Canelo.

Bud is Not on the Level of Floyd in any way Offensively or Defensively.

Bivol was too big and too strong on top of being skilled and fast. This does not apply to Bud moving to 168.

I don't even understand what your post is bringing lol.

The bar for Bud vs Canelo would be Jermell moving up.

We know for a fact Jermell is athletic as hell and sleeps nikkas at 154. We have not seen if Bud is sleeping dudes at 154. If I continue to use Jermell as the litmus, Bud is the better skilled (and less of a mental midget thus IQ better in ring) which is his differentiator from Jermell for sure, but Power and Athleticism? That we don't know and I'd say they could be equal or lean more to Jermell just because we have more data of him doing this at 154.

Bud is not some defensive wizard, the nikka likes to fight, and even in the Madrimov fight where he was more responsible he still got touched a little. Madrimov is not Canelo lol. Canelo has nikkas bigger than him fighting with caution.

I get it Bud is y'all GOAT, but lets not defy logic because at least Blind test on Paper with Jermell you could debate certain states of having something over Canelo (height and reach + athleticism, power was the question of will it move up and it obviously did not),

If anything to me I would assume Bud's power has normalized at 154 where everyone is throwing fire thus everyone respects each other power unless you are pillow fisted. We don't have enough data points to confirm though.

To me if Canelo its the end Goal for Bud, then I'd like to see Bud go to 160 and take on Jannibek has it would let him continue to see how he feels going up, and if he doesn't like how he feels he at least gets something out of the fight (another division being Champ + in this case unified).

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
pbc while they was paying they fighters- all the inactivity done hurt a lot of their careers. too long layoffs causing ring rust and then dudes fighting in house not developing they craft, getting too comfortable.

inactivity causing a lot of they fighters to lose or get exposed:

wilder, spence, danny, keith, ruiz, charlos (even though jermall aint lost, he's a shell of himself). there was no reason why these dudes wasn't staying active. they was claiming they bosses but everytime only answering to al haymon and turning down fights to cross the street.
this..

((ReFleXioN)) EteRNaL

RIP MR. SMOKE
Daps
It would be amazing if Canelo had the faith his fan did that he would make easy work of benavidez. We may have actually got that fight :wow:
Imagine canelo losing to a guy who went 12 rounds with a semi retired gvodzyk and didn't even leave a mark on him:mjlol: .... David even lost the final 2 rounds :dead: ......most overrated fighter in boxing.

Can't wait to see what he does against Jessie hart :heh:

Black_Jesus

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
from the home of coca-cola, i'm not referring to s
Really, why do you say that?
Because I don't think Canelo feels he has anything left to prove.. He seems to carry a huge chip on his shoulders when it comes to fans demanding matches.. People keep claiming he's ducking this or that person every year for the past decade... He's even hinted at the fact that it doesn't matter what I do or who I fight the fans will complain.. further evidence I can point to a couple yrs back when people were calling Bivol a cherry pick and he still barely gets credit for taking on that challenge... and it also doesn't help that he currently has the best resume in boxing of any active fighter so I can understand where he's coming from.. He views Crawford's as a lose lose.. He views Benavidez as just another opponent if I win they will just move on to the next person to say I'm ducking. I think he's been overly scrutinized and held to a standard no other boxer has been held to by fans as a collective so it makes it very easy for him to give fans his ass to kiss and pick a munguia and Berlanga level opponent.. I can see him chucking the deuce to boxing and ending his career after the last fight

I think Crawford is in a similar boat.. Hes at the end of his career and after deeling with insufferable Spence and pbc welterweight fanboy d-riders for 6 yrs straight, he also feels he has nothing to prove after destroying there king Spence.. which is why he's showing no interest in a Boots fight.. doesn't help that even to this day there seems to be a continued effort by Haymon and lackeys to block him from PBC fighters which is sad... I truly believe he views Canelo as a cash out fight win or lose and then he's done.. I hope he continues to push towards 154 undisputed

Last edited:
Daps
Because I don't think Canelo feels he has anything left to prove.. He seems to carry a huge chip on his shoulders when it comes to fans demanding matches.. People keep claiming he's ducking this or that person every year for the past decade... He's even hinted at the fact that it doesn't matter what I do or who I fight the fans will complain.. further evidence I can point to a couple yrs back when people were calling Bivol a cherry pick and he still barely gets credit for taking on that challenge... and it also doesn't help that he currently has the best resume in boxing of any active fighter so I can understand where he's coming from.. He views Crawford's as a lose lose.. He views Benavidez as just another opponent if I win they will just move on to the next person to say I'm ducking. I think he's been overly scrutinized and held to a standard no other boxer has been held to by fans as a collective so it makes it very easy for him to give fans his ass to kiss and pick a munguia and Berlanga level opponent.. I can see him chucking the deuce to boxing and ending his career after the last fight

I think Crawford is in a similar boat.. Hes at the end of his career and after deeling with insufferable Spence and pbc welterweight fanboy d-riders for 6 yrs straight, he also feels he has nothing to prove after destroying there king Spence.. which is why he's showing no interest in a Boots fight.. doesn't help that even to this day there seems to be a continued effort by Haymon and lackeys to block him from PBC fighters which is sad... I truly believe he views Canelo as a cash out fight win or lose and then he's done.. I hope he continues to push towards 154 undisputed

What you just described is the modern day sports fan :manny:

Durant, Curry, and Bron are some of the most elite and accomplished NBA players ever, But what they haven't done & currently aren't doing is the main narrative.

Boxing legends of the past are lucky they didn't fight during this social media era, all of their legacies would be scrutinized.

Black_Jesus

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
What you just described is the modern day sports fan :manny:

Durant, Curry, and Bron are some of the most elite and accomplished NBA players ever, But what they haven't done & currently aren't doing is the main narrative.

Boxing legends of the past are lucky they didn't fight during this social media era, all of their legacies would be scrutinized.
I feel you but its a little different from other sports where they have no choice but to face whoever is on the schedule. I remember clear as day when Canelo took on that Lara challenge 10 yrs ago when he didn't have to. But he wanted to prove something. HE ended up winning a close fight, but people only remember that it was close and controversial. They forget that Canelo didn't have to take that fight, in fact he was the only one that was willing to fight Lara.. Guys like BooBoo and the Charlos get ZERO criticism for ducking Lara.. Like think about how long Lara was #1 at 154 (before and after Canelo) until another champion (Jared Hurd) was willing to risk his 0 and belt to face him.

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
Imagine canelo losing to a guy who went 12 rounds with a semi retired gvodzyk and didn't even leave a mark on him:mjlol: .... David even lost the final 2 rounds :dead: ......most overrated fighter in boxing.

Can't wait to see what he does against Jessie hart :heh:

You a super stan so I can't take anything you say about Canelo seriously. with all due respect :hubie:

((ReFleXioN)) EteRNaL

RIP MR. SMOKE
Daps
I feel you but its a little different from other sports where they have no choice but to face whoever is on the schedule. I remember clear as day when Canelo took on that Lara challenge 10 yrs ago when he didn't have to. But he wanted to prove something. HE ended up winning a close fight, but people only remember that it was close and controversial. They forget that Canelo didn't have to take that fight, in fact he was the only one that was willing to fight Lara.. Guys like BooBoo and the Charlos get ZERO criticism for ducking Lara.. Like think about how long Lara was #1 at 154 (before and after Canelo) until another champion (Jared Hurd) was willing to risk his 0 and belt to face him.
Yea he realized quickly that he was naive. These fans don't care about the fighters. They'll turn on you in an instant. Now he's looking after himself first. Boxing fans are just a bunch of hypocrites. The same benavidez fanboys who call him a cherry picker don't say shyt about David's resume being 95% tomato cans.

Just like the Little g fanboys who call him a cherry picker even though they spent years hyping up Golovkin fighting the likes of Steve rolls, Dominic wade, and ryoto murata :mjlol: ....."triple gawd is back":ohlawd:

Luckily the haters are only the tiny minority. Which is why canelo continues to do the numbers and the rest of these guys waste away in obscurity. But I still think canelo is gonna fight David and bud as long as the turk drops that bag. Canelo knows these are both 200+ mil events and he knows what he deserves. If they drop the bag he whoops Davids ass easy.

Black_Jesus

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Yea he realized quickly that he was naive. These fans don't care about the fighters. They'll turn on you in an instant. Now he's looking after himself first. Boxing fans are just a bunch of hypocrites. The same benavidez fanboys who call him a cherry picker don't say shyt about David's resume being 95% tomato cans.

Just like the Little g fanboys who call him a cherry picker even though they spent years hyping up Golovkin fighting the likes of Steve rolls, Dominic wade, and ryoto murata :mjlol: ....."triple gawd is back":ohlawd:

Luckily the haters are only the tiny minority. Which is why canelo continues to do the numbers and the rest of these guys waste away in obscurity. But I still think canelo is gonna fight David and bud as long as the turk drops that bag. Canelo knows these are both 200+ mil events and he knows what he deserves. If they drop the bag he whoops Davids ass easy.
How long were David Benavidez, Plant/Uzgatagui, Callum Smith, Dirrells, and BJS holding belts at 168 and never unified.. not even an attempt.. that gets overlooked

Boxing fans are the absolute worse when it comes to hypocrisy.. Now if Canelo were to fight Benavidez and put in a rehydration clause he would get destroyed on social media.. I guarantee most of these very same individuals will criticize Devin Haney and call him a cheater for outweighing his opponents on fight night for an advantage... Fans cant even make up their minds if rehydrating above 10lbs is good or bad like it only matters when its certain fighters

Canelo basically told Iron Sheik to pay 150-200m or fukk off :heh: I dont see them doing business after that.. thats I think he retires very soon

<<TheStandard>>

I Am A God
Daps

Canelo makes too much money to leave the sport right now. At 34, I just don't see him leaving. He has another 2 years. This is boxing. Guys just don't walk away this young unless they're forced to. I know Canelo started young but he was in the post fight interview calling himself the best fighter in the world. There was nothing about his demeanor that says he's chucking the deuces. Anytime you can can do 20,312 people in Vegas while UFC is in the sphere, you're clearly the guy.

We're gonna get another Berlanga level opponent for Cinco De Mayo and maybe he'll take a step up against Bivol or Benavidez in September if someone truly throws him the bag

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
Canelo makes too much money to leave the sport right now. At 34, I just don't see him leaving. He has another 2 years. This is boxing. Guys just don't walk away this young unless they're forced to. I know Canelo started young but he was in the post fight interview calling himself the best fighter in the world. There was nothing about his demeanor that says he's chucking the deuces. Anytime you can can do 20,312 people in Vegas while UFC is in the sphere, you're clearly the guy.

We're gonna get another Berlanga level opponent for Cinco De Mayo and maybe he'll take a step up against Bivol or Benavidez in September if someone truly throws him the bag

Canelo vs Mbili in Toyko