09/14/2024 Prime Video Presents CanElo vs Edgar Bagel

Black Miller

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Columbia, SC via Niagara Falls, NY
overall this card was alright. a few thoughts on the fights:

-rolly is just a name but he's food. he talked his way into good fights but we know he not on that level, not even sure he gonna get ppv slots again. as soon as he steps up again, he getting cooked. he's just not fully developed as a fighter, started too late to ever become elite. he's not fluid in his offensive to defensive transition and can't fight on the back foot.

-that plant fight was suprisingly dope. mccumby came to fight and has good power. caleb wanted to fight in his normal style slick boxer but was forced to adjust. he had to make it a phone booth fight cause dude power was more effective from mid to far range. i thought plant got dropped a couple times but it was marked as a slip. either way he woke up and closed the show.

-it's flat out over for danny garcia. that inactivity caught up. he couldn't pull the trigger and his chin didn't even hold up. he never been dropped before so i knew it was different this time. even on that knockdown it look like he took a knee moreso like he needed a break or didn't want to take any other punches at that moment. lara not moving as much but he punching a lot sharper lately sitting down on the punches.

-canelo did what he was supposed to do. that left hook knockdown was super clean. berlanga really just was trying to survive. he could have jabbed a lot more but i never thought he would win- too inexperienced and never been on this stage before. he actually did better than jermell charlo which is not saying much.

pbc while they was paying they fighters- all the inactivity done hurt a lot of their careers. too long layoffs causing ring rust and then dudes fighting in house not developing they craft, getting too comfortable.

inactivity causing a lot of they fighters to lose or get exposed:

wilder, spence, danny, keith, ruiz, charlos (even though jermall aint lost, he's a shell of himself). there was no reason why these dudes wasn't staying active. they was claiming they bosses but everytime only answering to al haymon and turning down fights to cross the street.

top rank and dazn at least was keeping dudes active somewhat.

i thought mauro was trash tonight also, dude is always extra and giving too much of his opinion on the fights. basically was piling on danny garcia and lara but d-riding canelo. he was on some weird stuff tonight. i bet those pbc people will scold him and he'll tamper it down. abner and goosen was at least being fair about it.

analysts be talking too much when they not in there fighting. i'm cool with calling the fights and saying the action might be limited but dude was bugging tonight and acting like they fighting for him or something. i see why dudes be watching the fights on mute sometimes. dudes be biased and can't hide it.

NormanConnors

Detroit/MSU Spartan Life
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
The main reasons it'll be difficult for bud is because not only is canelo bigger, but he's also damn near just as fast as bud. And might even be faster depending on how much speed bud loses going up to 168. Jermell lost a considerable amount of speed. Canelo is also much harder to hit clean than bud. He sees everything in slow motion.

Bud would have to fight a perfect fight in every way to pull it off. Obviously it's possible, but probably not likely. Canelo's speed looked blistering tonight. He's going to catch bud clean at some point. Just depends on how bud can take it.

:mjlol: blistering? Nah

TDUBB

All Star
Daps
Just watching the preliminary fights, I think Johnathan Lopez vs Shu Shu Carrington would be a great matchup. Hope that happens one day.