04/29 State of play 5pm EST

ItWasWritten

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Scriptures
The game looks good, but if you are tried of sequels then I don't see how you are particular hype for this game. Unless you are a big ratchet and clank fan

It literally just looks like all the other ratchet games but prettier.

I'll def play it a bit, I don't really see myself finishing it or anything but I'll give it a shot. I won't be buying it but I wouldn't tell anyone else not to either.

What will we do now that we don’t have Mad Titans stamp of approval

:mjlol:

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Very odd criticism coming from a nintendo fan. As if if every iteration of their games don’t play almost entirely like the last 12.

Mario plays like every other mario. Smash bros is smash bros, Mario kart is Mario kart, Animal crossing is animal crossing, dk tropical freeze is literally a throwback to DK country..etc All Nintendo’s biggest games are just more of the same, with a new gimmick or two. BoTW being the lone exception. Thats pretty much true 90% of popular game franchises

So now it’s a problem that R&C plays like a R&C?
Spoken like someone that's never played more than one or two games from any of these series... crazy you who actually feels like that about nintendo games and are hype for R&C for some reason

Mario galaxy plays like sunshine? Plays like odyssey?

Or does Orcarina, play like wind waker, play like twilight princess.

Ezekiel 25:17

Veteran
Daps
My PS5 been collecting dust, the wait has been long:shaq2: but we about there. Picking up Returnal today, Resident Evil next week & Mass Effect the week after. Hood: Outlaws and Legends got potential, might have to cop that:patrice:

Those should hold me over till Fall. Hoping Battlefield 6 comes out then. Maybe an exclusive and I'm good till next year.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Spoken like someone that's never played more than one or two games from any of these series... crazy you who actually feels like that about nintendo games and are hype for R&C for some reason

Mario galaxy plays like sunshine? Plays like odyssey?

Or does Orcarina, play like wind waker, play like twilight princess.

Mario has essentially been the same game for almost 3 decades with prettier graphics (yet still not even as much of a progression in 24 years than the 15 that R&C had) and new gimmicks

19e.jpg_large

If you played mario 64, you know exactly what to expect in mario odyssey, new levels, one new gimmick, and nicer graphics. They control the same, following the same stage format (linked to a hub world that you simply choose the stage from), collecting stars, get power ups, fight bowser etc. From 96-2021, same shyt you’re criticizing ratchet and clank for. The only argument you have is BoTW and thats after 4 other iterations of OoT since. Even wind waker that you’re using as being a departure for the series still features the key staples of every other 3d zelda game. Explore over world map (only this time on a boat with too much water) go to dungeon, get item, use said item to beat boss, same combat, same story, same characters etc. The major difference is surface level.

Smash bros is still smash bros, animal crossing is animal crossing, splatoon is splatoon, mario kart is mario kart, mario party is mario party, etc. rinse and repeat, and thats fine, thats why people buy Nintendo’s because of familiarity. People don’t want mario to suddenly play like crash bandicoot, and people don’t want smash bros to play like street fighter.

In fact the only notable series that I can even think of right now that has drastically changed its formula over the years was God of War

But sitting here saying you’re unimpressed with R&C because it plays like R&C is downright sour grapes talking. You sound so bitter over games right now and its funny to see

Last edited:

YaThreadTrashB!

Superstar
Daps
The game looks good, but if you are tried of sequels then I don't see how you are particular hype for this game. Unless you are a big ratchet and clank fan

It literally just looks like all the other ratchet games but prettier.

I'll def play it a bit, I don't really see myself finishing it or anything but I'll give it a shot. I won't be buying it but I wouldn't tell anyone else not to either.

Keep that same energy when forza, gears of war, and halo come out

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Mario has essentially been the same game for almost 3 decades with prettier graphics (yet still not even as much of a progression in 24 years than the 15 that R&C had) and new gimmicks

19e.jpg_large

If you played mario 64, you know exactly what to expect in mario odyssey, new levels, one new gimmick, and nicer graphics. They control the same, following the same stage format (linked to a hub world that you simply choose the stage from), collecting stars, get power ups, fight bowser etc. From 96-2021, same shyt you’re criticizing ratchet and clank for. The only argument you have is BoTW and thats after 4 other iterations of OoT since. Even wind waker that you’re using as being a departure for the series still features the key staples of every other 3d zelda game. Explore over world map (only this time on a boat with too much water) go to dungeon, get item, use said item to beat boss, same combat, same story, same characters etc. The major difference is surface level.

Smash bros is still smash bros, animal crossing is animal crossing, splatoon is splatoon, mario kart is mario kart, mario party is mario party, etc. rinse and repeat, and thats fine, thats why people buy Nintendo’s because of familiarity. People don’t want mario to suddenly play like crash bandicoot, and people don’t want smash bros to play like street fighter.

In fact the only notable series that I can even think of right now that has drastically changed its formula over the years was God of War

But sitting here saying you’re unimpressed with R&C because it plays like R&C is downright sour grapes talking. You sound so bitter over games right now and its funny to see
Over that same amount of time Mario has changed and tried new stuff much more than R&C

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Aww come on i was expecting you to compare Ratchet and Clank to Madden.
I like Ratchet but you are lying to your self if you’re saying this don’t look like more of the same :manny:

As a long time Ratchet fan it’s cool to see it resurge in popularity, but it’s also funny to see people hyping up the game after ignoring the series for decades:mjpls:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Over that same amount of time Mario has changed and tried new stuff much more than R&C

It really hasn’t though, its the same structure, go to world 1-8, collect stars, open another world, fight bowser.

The only difference is the gimmick of the game. Having mario be able to throw his hat and transform into different things is no different than R&C adding the multi-dimension portal hopping

The basic formula is exactly the same as its always been

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Keep that same energy when forza, gears of war, and halo come out

I've played 3 or 4 ratchet and clank games, I've never finished a single one because they are literally the almost the exact same, unless you are playing for the story.. then I guess well that's something. They are fun though, but after you've played 1 you've pretty much played them all.

R&C is like on game 15, 15 bruh... and they are probably the most similarly played games in any series. Halo and gears at best are like half that or less, and all have a connecting ongoing storyline with pvp mechanics.

So YALL keep that same energy, crying about how many halo games or gears games there are and then turning around and being hype for a game appears to play just like the rest of the series that's on #15

If there are 15 R&C games there might be 2 or 3 official threads ever made on the coli about them :laff::laff:

This is how I know yall really don't be playing game's unless it's hyped up to yall.

If you never played R&C then you'll probably love it, but I also question where have you been for the past 2 decades. :jbhmm:

As for anyone who's played a R&C game before they'll probably feel the same way I do. Unless they are just a big fan of the series.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I've played 3 or 4 ratchet and clank games, I've never finished a single one because they are literally the almost the exact same, unless you are playing for the story.. then I guess well that's something. They are fun though, but after you've played 1 you've pretty much played them all.

R&C is like on game 15, 15 bruh... and they are probably the most similarly played games in any series. Halo and gears at best are like half that or less, and all have a connecting ongoing storyline with pvp mechanics.

So YALL keep that same energy, crying about how many halo games or gears games there are and then turning around and being hype for a game appears to play just like the rest of the series that's on #15

If there are 15 R&C games there might be 2 or 3 official threads ever made on the coli about them :laff::laff:

This is how I know yall really don't be playing game's unless it's hyped up to yall.

If you never played R&C then you'll probably love it, but I also question where have you been for the past 2 decades. :jbhmm:

As for anyone who's played a R&C game before they'll probably feel the same way I do. Unless they are just a big fan of the series.

Exactly how i feel about mario

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
It really hasn’t though, its the same structure, go to world 1-8, collect stars, open another world, fight bowser.

The only difference is the gimmick of the game. Having mario be able to throw his hat and transform into different things is no different than R&C adding the multi-dimension portal hopping
There are video's debunking this, I also posted some basic ones.

No mario really plays the same out side of jumping on enemies and travelling to different worlds.

Having mario be able to throw his hat and transform into different things is no different than R&C adding the multi-dimension portal hopping

:gucci::gucci::gucci:

:laff::laff:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
There are video's debunking this, I also posted some basic ones.

No mario really plays the same out side of jumping on enemies and travelling to different worlds.

:gucci::gucci::gucci:

:laff::laff:

Same canned mario formula, add one new gimmick

I’ve owned every mario game aside from galaxy 2 and how you described ratchet and clank is 100% how i feel about odyssey which is why i didn’t finish it. Same old shyt.

Last edited: