Zoe Kravitz: " I've recently begun to identify more with my blackness"

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
I grew up around white environments and I never was ashamed to be black or to be around black people. I forced myself to connect with black people of my age. Some people are just prone to dislike themselves.

you said you lived in montrea with on eof the largest haitian communities in the world

:camby:

i went to presitigous private schools then a jewish hs

f outta here :camby:

Yup

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Life
you said you lived in montrea with on eof the largest haitian communities in the world

:camby:

i went to presitigous private schools then a jewish hs

f outta here :camby:
I live in Montreal...there are many whites there. You lived in Toronto...there are many blacks here. Your parents secluded you from other blacks...that's the problem.

StickStickly

Superstar
Daps
A good chunk of blacks are not conscious but fake conscious. They want to believe that they are proud of their blackness so they overcompensate but whether they actually are, is another question. I've come across too many faux black pride in real life.
Good point

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
I live in Montreal...there are many whites there. You lived in Toronto...there are many blacks here. Your parents secluded you from other blacks...that's the problem.

:dahell:
toronto pop is only 8% now and was less when I grew up.
i lived in the suburbs.

Numero Deux

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The Unapproachable East
Outside of being Lenny & Lisa's kid, I only knew her for her roles in X-Men and Divergent, but she always came across as being on that :mjpls:. I figured that I was just being jaded because she is a young mulatto/mixed celebrity.

At least she's apparently trying to change her perspective. I never really cared for this chick one way or another. :yeshrug:

KENNY DA COOKER

HARD ON HOES is not a word it's a LIFESTYLE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
F
The key statement was when she said..

"I identified with white culture and I WANTED TO FIT IN".....

I guess that N1GGER WAKE UP CALL came in HIGH DEFINITION :russ:

Along with the fact that White Hollywood would never take her seriously as she would be regulated to just STEROTYPICAL ROLES or the lone TOKEN I.e STACEY DASH

WELCOME BACK HOME

You will always have home on the "DARKSIDE"

:lolbron:

......WE ALWAYS WILL ACCEPT AND LOVE YOU when YOUR "WHITE FRIENDS" show thier True Colors

Daps
Reppin
St louis
props to her for finding herself.
:ehh:
wat6rr.jpg

Beegio

You ni66as don't exist we eat filet mignon
Daps
Her recent discovery of the deep, rich, beauty of being black is understandable considering her upbringing. I'm glad she is able to see that there is a deliberate, negative, and destructive filter put on black Americans by the media, government, and white citizens that distorts the EXCELLENCE that black people have always displayed despite the engineering of this systemic racism we face.

Benjamin Sisko

Still that resident truth-bringer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO
I guess the ambigueous roles in Hollyweird are drying up so shes pushing for the black roles now. Thats probably the only reason on why shes saying this, she didnt give a fukk then, why now? And after she was ran through by half of the beverly hills frat boys she wanna say this? Somethings up here :francis:

Last edited: