Zelda WiiU "Some dungeons will take hours..." :lawd:

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Didn't Skyward Sword do badly in Japan? Had a decent first week and fell off a cliff? Besides, I don't really care about reviews at this point. I remember one dude gave Twilight Princess an 8.8 and the Zelda fanbase went ballistic on dude, when the reality is that score may have been very generous. Zelda tends to get by on name recognition.

Man, I ain't been really feeling Zelda since Wind Waker, and even tho that game had a lot of flaws I felt it captured the exploration aspect the best of any Zelda game. Every Zelda game since then has been mediocre AT BEST, and it's shame too because Zelda is Nintendo's most versatile IP. You can make it light-hearted, you can make darker, simplistic gameplay, complex gameplay...but they always go with the same predictable shyt.

If things keep going the same predictable route this might be the first Zelda I'll have to skip.
Same. Wind Waker was DOPE. They need to go back to that gritty, grimy, dark, scary Zelda. Majoras mask and OOT were both scary and dark at times. Nothing they've made since has come close.

King Sun

Big Boss
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Same. Wind Waker was DOPE. They need to go back to that gritty, grimy, dark, scary Zelda. Majoras mask and OOT were both scary and dark at times. Nothing they've made since has come close.

another perfect example of when they tired to do something different and its base shytted on it for not being like OOT

BamdaDon

All Star
Daps
Stop playing kid games nikkas. There is a new Zelda it's called demon souls catch up.

wise prophet

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Ever since OOT, people in general shyt on every new Zelda. Then when a new Zelda comes out, they realize the last one was dope. It's referred to as the "Zelda cycle".

As funny as that and this pic is:

Vgf9g.jpg

I think it's generally bullshyt. I've rarely seen someone dislike a Zelda game then changing their mind and liking it when a new Zelda comes out.

Kodie

Pro
Daps
As funny as that and this pic is:

Vgf9g.jpg

I think it's generally bullshyt. I've rarely seen someone dislike a Zelda game then changing their mind and liking it when a new Zelda comes out.
Everyone thought MM was too much of a departure from OoT. Now a lot of people claim it's their favorite Zelda.

Wind Waker graphics were too cartoony. Now people applaud the different step Nintendo took.

Twilight Princess was boring. Now it's the OoT on crack everyone was pining for (aside from the time it takes to get started).

I'm not saying individuals are changing their mind. I can't speak for individual people. But I can say after every Zelda release, you hear a lot of negative comments for the one that was just released and a lot of positive comments for the last one. As though popular opinion itself has changed.

wise prophet

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Everyone thought MM was too much of a departure from OoT. Now a lot of people claim it's their favorite Zelda.

Wind Waker graphics were too cartoony. Now people applaud the different step Nintendo took.

Twilight Princess was boring. Now it's the OoT on crack everyone was pining for (aside from the time it takes to get started).

I'm not saying individuals are changing their mind. I can't speak for individual people. But I can say after every Zelda release, you hear a lot of negative comments for the one that was just released and a lot of positive comments for the last one. As though popular opinion itself has changed.

That could be a number of things tho. It could be that the ones who disliked it don't feel like voicing their opinions anymore and the ones who like it started playing it years after the debut and the wave of initial criticism, giving off the impression that *insert Zelda game* was actually really good.

I think there are a few who change their minds, but not to the extent where people can call it a Zelda cycle. Hell, I honestly feel like there has been more criticism of Twilight Princess now than when it first came out.

Finesse

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Gotham
Skyward Sword is my third favorite Zelda game. Majora's Mask is my first. What Nintendo needs to do with the Wii-U one is add side-quests with the depth and maturity of Marjora's Mask, and make Bosses with the depth of Skyward Sword. Skyward Sword had the best bosses in the history of Zelda.IMO.

up in here

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Skyward Sword is my third favorite Zelda game. Majora's Mask is my first. What Nintendo needs to do with the Wii-U one is add side-quests with the depth and maturity of Marjora's Mask, and make Bosses with the depth of Skyward Sword. Skyward Sword had the best bosses in the history of Zelda.IMO.

yeah i enjoyed the side quests in MM too. and skyward sword did have some dope bosses. i also really liked the story development in SS and the gameplay was probably my favorite amongst zelda games. the only thing i didn't like was the fact that there was no free roam between areas. and i know technically the sky was the free roam are, but flying was annoying as fuk, the sky was mostly empty and there was no way to warp between areas. the areas themselves were dope and really large also, but the fact that they weren't connected took abit of the mytique out of it, so instead of seeming like one large world it seemed like three segmented areas, which might have been cool for another game but zelda always had a captivating world to explore, which was the only thing i felt was lacking.

Kaydigi

Akatsuki
Supporter
Daps

Zelda.... Nothing new since the 64 days except the wind waker artsytle.
Metroid.... Had the hardest bytch scared of Ridley all of a sudden and reverting to a 4 year girl in the Other M.
Mario..... rehasing the same 2D gimmicks while reducing the difficulty at the same time. Galaxy was piff though.

shyt is tired homey.