Zelda Looks So Dated

Gonzo

Banned
Daps
Reppin
USA
wtfmanzxf_zpslnyho0mw.png

Stop acting like Mario and Zelda is "Call Of Duty".

You're gonna sit there and tell me "A Link Between Worlds" played like "Skyward Sword"? That "Skyward Sword" played like "The Wind Waker"?

As far as Mario, 2D side scroller is not "a rehashed formula". It's a genre of video games. That's like saying "how many fighting games can you make?" "how many RPGs can you make?"

shyt makes no sense whatsoever.

Fred.

Call of duty has more of a variety betwee

You're gonna sit there and tell me "A Link Between Worlds" played like "Skyward Sword"? That "Skyward Sword" played like "The Wind Waker"?

As far as Mario, 2D side scroller is not "a rehashed formula". It's a genre of video games. That's like saying "how many fighting games can you make?" "how many RPGs can you make?"

Fred.

Morrowind Oblivion Skyrim. Worlds apart, each iteration receiving improvements. There isn't even voice acting in Zelda. The control is archaic, one two three slash. Wood, fire water temple. I couldn't even finish skyward sword. I was bored to tears getting through the one with midna. I just cannot see the hype in Nintendo games any longer. Once you played one 2d Zelda you've played them all. Once you've played one 3d zelda you've played then all. Same with mario. :yeshrug: Nintendo is call of duty status. :yeshrug:

SmileyFace

:sas2:
Daps
:beli:Those complaining about 'realistic ' graphics havent played Twilight Princess I guess. That was Nintendo's answer to all you graphics fakkits out there :bryan:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land

Only real difference in these games is the art style. Gameplay is pretty much the same.

Fred.
Within the realm of Mario games, again they all play the same. Once you've played one, you've pretty much played them all at this point.

COD has had more change and at least attempts at inivation over the years than Mario and Zelda

Brief Keef

Superstar
Daps
It's not even the dated looking graphics that's the problem. it's the fact that the world looks so lifeless in the game play videos.

You have games like The Witcher having a believable world, with multiple towns and people living and working. This old school shyt Nintendo is on isn't cutting it anymore.

Zelda should be on that level at this point.
ITS 6 MONTHS FROM RELEASE IN THE NEWEST TRAILER THAT JUST DROPPED THEY SHOWED TOWNS AND PEOPLE THEY'RE NOT GONNA SHOW U EVERYTHING WHEN THE GAME IS 6 MONTHS FROM RELEASE....

Brief Keef

Superstar
Daps
No you're wrong. That unreal engine demo of Zelda and mario did some things to me. I want that. I want the Zelda and mario that we all deserve. They've been half assing it with these partial platform Mario's too, what happened to the open worlds of sunshine and 64? Smh.
how was mario 64 open world ? u had worlds u had to go to thru picture frames i dont think sunshine was open world either....if a zelds game like this is what u lookin for u not gon get it...so basically what u got a problem with is breath of the wild graphics and if this new zelda game had graphics like in this video u wouldnt even trip off the gameplay...graphic whores i tell ya

Daps
Call of duty has more of a variety betwee

Morrowind Oblivion Skyrim. Worlds apart, each iteration receiving improvements. There isn't even voice acting in Zelda. The control is archaic, one two three slash. Wood, fire water temple. I couldn't even finish skyward sword. I was bored to tears getting through the one with midna. I just cannot see the hype in Nintendo games any longer. Once you played one 2d Zelda you've played them all. Once you've played one 3d zelda you've played then all. Same with mario. :yeshrug: Nintendo is call of duty status. :yeshrug:
:mjlol:

Dude I can't take you seriously man not after you just mentioned call of duty as having more variety than nintendo games:camby:

Daps
Only real difference in these games is the art style. Gameplay is pretty much the same.

Within the realm of Mario games, again they all play the same. Once you've played one, you've pretty much played them all at this point.

COD has had more change and at least attempts at inivation over the years than Mario and Zelda
Bullshyt and you know it man:mjlol:

I don't know how you get off on playing the same forza game with different cars and slightly better graphics each time

Super mario Galaxy is nothing like 3D world or Super Mario Bros U

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Bullshyt and you know it man:mjlol:

I don't know how you get off on playing the same forza game with different cars and slightly better graphics each time

Super mario Galaxy is nothing like 3D world or Super Mario Bros U
Forzas inovation is in tech. Things like graphics, physics, and A.I. There's so much going on under the hood of those games, as a tech "nerd" I appreciate the advances they are able to make with each installment.

And yes the 2d and 3D marios play differently, but once you've played one 2d Mario you've played them all, same with 3D.

If gameplay is the thing hat Nintendo games are known for, they aren't advancing that gameplay. Over the last couple years I've played plenty of platformers 2d and 3D that have innovated the formula well beyond what Nintendo is willing to do.

Daps
For all of you saying Zelda is all the same I'll explain the major not subtle differen ces to you remedial or otherwise ignorant dudes

Link to the Past - going back and forth between the light and dark worlds to solve problems
Ocarina of time - The evolution to 3D go from being a kid to an adult using different weapons that you couldn't use before
Majoras mask - 3 day time mechanic having everything reset collecting masks which give you unique abilities
Windwaker - Sailing from Island to Island in a huge world
Minish cap - being shrunk like antman and facing huge bosses that would otherwise be regular enemies
Twilight Princess - Not much innovation here to be honest horse combat changing into a wolf the twilight realm learning new moves bomb arrows just alot more dungeons with great designs
Skyward sword - one one combat with motion controls items using motion controls better enemy AI enemies who can counter your moves stamina meter some of the greatest puzzles in the series
ALBW - meh it's ALTTP's map but with a 3D wall mechanic renting and buying items instead of finding them in a dungeon

let alone all the minor differences.

Yes Zelda games follow a formula you go to a an area which you need to do something to access the dungeon dungeon solve puzzles and defeat enemies that you can do with out the main weapon find a compass find a map. find a weapon use that weapon to solve puzzles that you couldn't solve before. Find a Boss Key. Weaken the boss with the weapon the and attack with the sword. This is not always the case and in those instances you often find yourself scratching your head if you have memorised the formula so your experience is a disadvantage and you have to think outside the box.

Most games don't do puzzles like Zelda there are a few exceptions but dudes go play more games in the series before you call it rehashed.

• Dap
Reactions: Ns
Daps
Forzas inovation is in tech. Things like graphics, physics, and A.I. There's so much going on under the hood of those games, as a tech "nerd" I appreciate the advances they are able to make with each installment.

And yes the 2d and 3D marios play differently, but once you've played one 2d Mario you've played them all, same with 3D.

If gameplay is the thing hat Nintendo games are known for, they aren't advancing that gameplay. Over the last couple years I've played plenty of platformers 2d and 3D that have innovated the formula well beyond what Nintendo is willing to do.
:mjlol: you're making my argument for me with Forza it doesn't change the fact that the gameplay is the same and is rehashed. Even Need for speed and arcade or not finds a way to innovate. If you're going to do that at least have one game per gen like nintendo do like with Mario Kart and Smash.

completely wrong the only 3D marios that play the same were galaxy one and two then again you like 3D sonic's gameplay

Last edited:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
:mjlol: you're making my argument for me with Forza
Inovation is inovation doesn't matter if it's graphics.

Y'all say that as if it's a bad thing.

Nintendo isn't innovating anything with their games.

completely wrong the only 3D marios that play the same were galaxy one and two then again you like 3D sonic's gameplay
Stop playing man those games are the same shyt. The settings/progression might be different but the general gameplay loop is the same, just like Forza.:camby: