Zelda Looks So Dated

gtj1982

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
America's Darkside--210
Wow Nfans are so sensitive. Dropping negs because I spoke the truth. Yall live in a bigger bubble than Apple fans. Got folk out here really thinking nintendo just invented open world gameplay with BOTW or level design with Super mario maker. No point in arguing with them because any change to a nintendo game is super innovative.
"oh shyt Mario's racc00n suit got 6 stripes instead of seven. Miyamoto did it again:myman: "

But then they want to act like all the CODs are the same. The worst thing about these nutjobs is them always trying to convince the rest of us that they are having "FUN" like everyone else is out here playing games because we have to or some shyt:mjlol:

Daps
Reppin
NYC
LoZ wasn't anywhere close to being a beautiful looking game on NES compared to other games, nor was LTTP one of the best looking SNES games.

How'd those turn out.

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps
are you fukkin serious right now? :laugh:

the covenant in halo has been doing that since 2001 breh :francis: their A.I was on point and still is by todays standards

nintebdo fanboys stay tryna give credit to nintendo on shyt that has already BEEN DONE :childplease:
the recent zelda games have good A.I. Especially all of the cel-shaded Zeldas. You have to use your brain, no button mashing.

Even Ocarina of Time required strategy for some of the tougher enemies.

Don't shyt on Zelda when it comes to real time combat. It's one of the goats. Often imitated.

Even had FFXV finally give up on that turn based shyt and switched over. The realness always wins.

but lemme go off on a tangent, out of all the games I've ever played, my favorite enemy AI is the covenant in the Halo series and the enemy guards in the Metal Gear Solid series.

Kingshango

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
LoZ wasn't anywhere close to being a beautiful looking game on NES compared to other games, nor was LTTP one of the best looking SNES games.

How'd those turn out.

But on the other hand, Wind Waker on the Gamecube still holds up thanks to it's art style it chose.

but lemme go off on a tangent, out of all the games I've ever played, my favorite enemy AI is the covenant in the Halo series and the enemy guards in the Metal Gear Solid series.

If you haven't played it, check out FEAR. Some of the best AI I've ever encountered in a FPS.

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps
But on the other hand, Wind Waker on the Gamecube still holds up thanks to it's art style it chose.

If you haven't played it, check out FEAR. Some of the best AI I've ever encountered in a FPS.
i saw screen cap comparisons between Wind Waker and Wind Waker HD and oddly enough, I prefer the original Wind Waker. The original looks more like a cartoon come to life.

I remember being a little upset when I first saw zelda looking like a damn Disney cartoon, I couldn't take it seriously but after playing it, I was very impressed. It was beautiful and had some of the best combat I've ever played, up there with Fable 1.

Miyamoto is a genius for going with that art style. Games don't age when you use it.

KevCo

Bond's gun spoke once....
Daps
Reppin
The Weird Side
Wow Nfans are so sensitive. Dropping negs because I spoke the truth. Yall live in a bigger bubble than Apple fans. Got folk out here really thinking nintendo just invented open world gameplay with BOTW or level design with Super mario maker. No point in arguing with them because any change to a nintendo game is super innovative.
"oh shyt Mario's racc00n suit got 6 stripes instead of seven. Miyamoto did it again:myman: "

But then they want to act like all the CODs are the same. The worst thing about these nutjobs is them always trying to convince the rest of us that they are having "FUN" like everyone else is out here playing games because we have to or some shyt:mjlol:
We all play games cause they are fun...i play mario cause its fun, i play cod cause its fun to me...thing is tho is alot of people attack nintendo games and fans because of the "lack of violence" or how the games are "aimed at kids" or dont look as good xbone or ps4 games. If you think mario 3d on wii u isnt inovstive thats on you... Play what you want to and ill play what I want to. It aint that serious :manny:

PikaDaDon

Thunderbolt Them Suckers
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Well I'm not going to argue with you there but nintendo is notorious with rehashing the same formula. How many mario 2d side scrollers can you make? How many same Zelda formula? Mediocre hardware? Online gaming components. I mean it's deeper than what you make it. The Wii U was a disaster, Nintendo is disconnected from what the fans want. Not to mention Nintendo heavily relies on their first party lineup (which is not many and they fail to capitalize on others)the third party ports are Inferior almost all the time. Nintendo just needs to change things up drastically and fast.
like nintendo hasn't been recycling the same gameplay since the 90's :mjgrin:

mario hasn't been truly groundbreaking since mario 64 (mario in fact has regressed since galaxy, da fuq is new super mario bros/mario 3d land?? :laugh:)

zelda hasn't been truly groundbreaking since ocarina of time

the gameplay in these games hasn't evolved at all

nintendo's been eating off their reputation for innovation for damn near 20 years now. they haven't been at the forefront for truly innovative & groundbreaking game design for a long, long time. its cool to hate on COD & ass creed but ninetndo games are just as guilty in regurgitating old gameplay concepts

Super Mario 3D World surprised me actually. It's a very well designed game

Kingshango

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
i saw screen cap comparisons between Wind Waker and Wind Waker HD and oddly enough, I prefer the original Wind Waker. The original looks more like a cartoon come to life.

I remember being a little upset when I first saw zelda looking like a damn Disney cartoon, I couldn't take it seriously but after playing it, I was very impressed. It was beautiful and had some of the best combat I've ever played, up there with Fable 1.

Miyamoto is a genius for going with that art style. Games don't age when you use it.

Kinda funny when you think about how Twilight Princess went for the realistic route that everyone wanted but the game aged like dirt 10 years later.
061031_zelda_tp_wii_05.jpg