Reppin
USA
Splatoon
Super Mario 3d world
Smash
Pikmin 3
Mario kart 8

Off the top of my head.

There is no way you can say any of those games are objectively bad.
Of course not. Not saying they are bad. The argument is are these objectively amazing? Can you honestly say that?

PikaDaDon

Thunderbolt Them Suckers
Daps
Reppin
NULL
"Is smash objectively amazing? Can you honestly say that?"

lmaoooo

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
It's not even the dated looking graphics that's the problem. it's the fact that the world looks so lifeless in the game play videos.

You have games like The Witcher having a believable world, with multiple towns and people living and working. This old school shyt Nintendo is on isn't cutting it anymore.

Zelda should be on that level at this point.

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
Do you play games outside of Nintendo?
Yes.

And the games outside of Nintendo are riddled with cliches,formulas and sequels.

So I don't see how you can complain about Nintendo making the same old games when almost every game these days is a formulaic open world game.

Other companies wish they could keep franchises going as long as Nintendo does.

Gonzo

Banned
Daps
Reppin
USA
Yes.

And the games outside of Nintendo are riddle with cliches,formulas and sequels.

So I don't see how you can complain about Nintendo making the same old games when almost every game these days is a formulaic open world game.

Well I'm not going to argue with you there but nintendo is notorious with rehashing the same formula. How many mario 2d side scrollers can you make? How many same Zelda formula? Mediocre hardware? Online gaming components. I mean it's deeper than what you make it. The Wii U was a disaster, Nintendo is disconnected from what the fans want. Not to mention Nintendo heavily relies on their first party lineup (which is not many and they fail to capitalize on others)the third party ports are Inferior almost all the time. Nintendo just needs to change things up drastically and fast.

Kingshango

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
nikka tf this game is gorgeous what are you on :dahell:
ill admit the frame rate is a problem tho.

This is the same place that's hyping Knack 2 legitimately as if the first game wasn't a mediocre game that ran at a lower frame rate than the Wii U version of Breath of the Wild.

"But my 8 year old son loved it:damn:"

Your 8 year old also knows the lyrics to that new Lil Yachty song, so what?:heh:

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Well I'm not going to argue with you there but nintendo is notorious with rehashing the same formula. How many mario 2d side scrollers can you make? How many same Zelda formula? Mediocre hardware? Online gaming components. I mean it's deeper than what you make it. The Wii U was a disaster, Nintendo is disconnected from what the fans want. Not to mention Nintendo heavily relies on their first party lineup (which is not many and they fail to capitalize on others)the third party ports are Inferior almost all the time. Nintendo just needs to change things up drastically and fast.

wtfmanzxf_zpslnyho0mw.png

Stop acting like Mario and Zelda is "Call Of Duty".

You're gonna sit there and tell me "A Link Between Worlds" played like "Skyward Sword"? That "Skyward Sword" played like "The Wind Waker"?

As far as Mario, 2D side scroller is not "a rehashed formula". It's a genre of video games. That's like saying "how many fighting games can you make?" "how many RPGs can you make?"

shyt makes no sense whatsoever.

Fred.

bogey_j

new love, same neurosis..
Daps
If ya'll care about graphics so much stay with your Ps4/xbox remaster/remake race

like nintendo hasn't been recycling the same gameplay since the 90's :mjgrin:

mario hasn't been truly groundbreaking since mario 64 (mario in fact has regressed since galaxy, da fuq is new super mario bros/mario 3d land?? :laugh:)

zelda hasn't been truly groundbreaking since ocarina of time

the gameplay in these games hasn't evolved at all

nintendo's been eating off their reputation for innovation for damn near 20 years now. they haven't been at the forefront for truly innovative & groundbreaking game design for a long, long time. its cool to hate on COD & ass creed but ninetndo games are just as guilty in regurgitating old gameplay concepts

Last edited: