Zanzibar Revolution 1964-The day Africans Slaughtered their Arab Enslavers

Emoryal

Superstar
Daps
Those guys are mixed. Just like we got mixed negroes here in America, in that part of Africa you had a lot of trade happening on the Indian Ocean so a lot of the coastal Africans mixed with non-African sea merchants. Patrick Mahomes and Drake would fit in among those so-called sand cacs.

You guys need to stop giving non-whites so much credit. They never did much in terms of slavery in Africa. Most of it was us. And slavery isn't that big a deal to future generations. Its only bad for those who are enslaved. The issue we have with slavery here in America is really a white supremacy issue. Because race and slavery were tied together here in the Americas, it allowed the vestiges of slavery to persist even after slavery ended.

Almost every human society had slavery at one point or another. But in no other society was slavery and race tied together. So after a few generations nobody knew who was descended of slaves and who was descended from slave owners. Thus the vestiges of servitude didn't persist. However, that wasn't the case in the Americas. Because race was tied to enslavement, we will always know who is descended from slaves and who is descended from slave owners.

Racism and white supremacy is the real culprit. Not slavery.
So mixed slave owners are telling indigenous blacks they are superior and it has NOTHING to do with race? Even the article it mentions south asians as well.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
So mixed slave owners are telling indigenous blacks they are superior and it has NOTHING to do with race? Even the article it mentions south asians as well.

Read the entire thread. I answer that.

Cliff notes are the original Arabs were black and different African tribes have always believed they were superior to others. Look at the Amhara vs the Oromo in Ethiopia. The Amhara believed they were superior and had a history of selling the Oromo as slaves to Arabs in Arabia.

The Greeks also felt they were superior to the blond hair/blue eyed Germanic tribes to theif North. So Europeans weren't immune of intra-racial racism as well.

KingFreeman

Barely-Known Member
Daps
Reppin
the 254

Cliff notes are the original Arabs were black and different African tribes have always believed they were superior to others. Look at the Amhara vs the Oromo in Ethiopia. The Amhara believed they were superior and had a history of selling the Oromo as slaves to Arabs in Arabia.

The Greeks also felt they were superior to the blond hair/blue eyed Germanic tribes to theif North. So Europeans weren't immune of intra-racial racism as well.

Interesting take but I have to ask what point are you trying to make here? The leaders of the Arab ruling class of that country came out on national media outlets and said that they occupy the vast majority of influential positions because of inherent racial superiority.

The African class had no problem identifying the members of the other one. That seems to suggest that there was a clear distinction between the groups.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Interesting take but I have to ask what point are you trying to make here? The leaders of the Arab ruling class of that country came out on national media outlets and said that they occupy the vast majority of influential positions because of inherent racial superiority.

The African class had no problem identifying the members of the other one. That seems to suggest that there was a clear distinction between the groups.

There were also differences between the Hutu and Tutsi, Amhara and Oromo, North and South Sudanese, and so on.

Africans are not uniform. And for the record neither were Europeans. The Ancient Greeks saw clear phenotypical differences between them and the Germanic tribes to the North who they felt superior to.

Read this entire thread. It makes my overall point very clearly. Which is stop accepting the white supremacist narrative on the story of slavery in Africa. There was never a time when people who did not look phenotypically black as accepted in the modern day racial paradigms of most Western countries dominated and ruled over so-called black Africans in Africa. If you noticed my main objection during this entire thread was with posters who thought some pale skin Arabs were in Africa dominating dark skin Africans. I was simply saying both sides were black. Sure they viewed themselves as different. But to the rest of the world they were both black. Just like the Hutu/Tutsi, Amhara/Oromo, and North/South Sudanese.

KingFreeman

Barely-Known Member
Daps
Reppin
the 254
There were also differences between the Hutu and Tutsi, Amhara and Oromo, North and South Sudanese, and so on.

Africans are not uniform. And for the record neither were Europeans. The Ancient Greeks saw clear phenotypical differences between them and the Germanic tribes to the North who they felt superior to.

Read this entire thread. It makes my overall point very clearly. Which is stop accepting the white supremacist narrative on the story of slavery in Africa. There was never a time when people who did not look phenotypically black as accepted in the modern day racial paradigms of most Western countries dominated and ruled over so-called black Africans in Africa. If you noticed my main objection during this entire thread was with posters who thought some pale skin Arabs were in Africa dominating dark skin Africans. I was simply saying both sides were black. Sure they viewed themselves as different. But to the rest of the world they were both black. Just like the Hutu/Tutsi, Amhara/Oromo, and North/South Sudanese.

I see what point you're trying to make, but the ruling Zanzibari class are clearly of Arab descent. Yeah they might've been considered 'Africans' by the rest of the world by geography, but they were not the same phenotype as the group that overthrew them.

This is the first President of the post-Revolution country:
baba-wa-taifa-la-zanzibar-sheikh-abeid-kmani-karume-rais-wa-kwanza-wa-zanzibar.jpg

And this is the previous Sultan and his family:

jamshid-bin-abdullah-the-last-sultan-of-zanzibar-in-exile-with-his-picture-id697170513

Okay some there was some mixture somewhere but the Sultanate identified as Arab, saw themselves as separate and were viewed as such by the other rulers they engaged with on a day-to-day basis. I'm not trying to split hairs about mixed ancestry but you trying to attach a label that they didn't even use for themselves.

Emoryal

Superstar
Daps

When you say "black" here you mean a lot of different things. Arab is a ln ethnic group of which some are black, but I don't know what point it is to say "the originals arabs" since it isn't really tangential to the point. The greeks looking down on northern europeans proves my point race is involved just not in the way America IN GENERAL look at race. But again thinking someone is mentally inferior is a genetic argument not a class argument.

Bondye Vodou

Proud practitioner of the "High Science"
Daps
Salute to Okello n'em for getting them Tippu Tip ass fakkots the fukk up outta Zanzibar.

fukk them Arab nikkas, dey dirty ass kids, and they ugly ass mamas.

:pacspit:

Daps
Reppin
NULL
I see what point you're trying to make, but the ruling Zanzibari class are clearly of Arab descent. Yeah they might've been considered 'Africans' by the rest of the world by geography, but they were not the same phenotype as the group that overthrew them.

This is the first President of the post-Revolution country:
baba-wa-taifa-la-zanzibar-sheikh-abeid-kmani-karume-rais-wa-kwanza-wa-zanzibar.jpg

And this is the previous Sultan and his family:

jamshid-bin-abdullah-the-last-sultan-of-zanzibar-in-exile-with-his-picture-id697170513

Okay some there was some mixture somewhere but the Sultanate identified as Arab, saw themselves as separate and were viewed as such by the other rulers they engaged with on a day-to-day basis. I'm not trying to split hairs about mixed ancestry but you trying to attach a label that they didn't even use for themselves.

I posted lots of pictures in this thread. Go back and look at them. Most of the "Arab" rulers of Zanzibar were far darker than the last ruler whose picture I also posted. In fact they looked blacker than the first post-revolutionary president whose picture ypu just posted.

And FTR the last "Arab" president looks like Elijah Muhammad (the founder of the Nation of Islam in America). That's what I first thought when I saw his picture. Which once again I already posted in this thread.

You ain't saying nothing I haven't already addressed in this thread.

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
NULL
When you say "black" here you mean a lot of different things. Arab is a ln ethnic group of which some are black, but I don't know what point it is to say "the originals arabs" since it isn't really tangential to the point. The greeks looking down on northern europeans proves my point race is involved just not in the way America IN GENERAL look at race. But again thinking someone is mentally inferior is a genetic argument not a class argument.

We are mostly black men from Western countries on this site living in the year 2021. I am talking about these topics from that perspective. When I say "black" I am talking about my own cultural paradigm. Its irrelevant to me what the people in Zanzibar in the 1800s thought of themselves. To me both groups LOOK black. Just as the Ancient Greeks and Germans are white to me despite them viewing themselves as different.

Race is a social construct determined by the time and place in the world you reside. Talking about race without these cultural constructs makes no sense.

KingFreeman

Barely-Known Member
Daps
Reppin
the 254
I posted lots of pictures in this thread. Go back and look at them. Most of the "Arab" rulers of Zanzibar were far darker than the last ruler whose picture I also posted. In fact they looked blacker than the first post-revolutionary president whose picture ypu just posted.

And FTR the last "Arab" president looks like Elijah Muhammad (the founder of the Nation of Islam in America). That's what I first thought when I saw his picture. Which once again I already posted in this thread.

You ain't saying nothing I haven't already addressed in this thread.

Are you trying to say that both groups were the same? The Arabized ruling class and definitely the South East asian population didnt consider themselves black and made sure the rest of the world knew it. When the rebellion occurred the fighters were able to distinguish who was in the opposing group and who wasn't.

Why call them something they themselves said they arent out of their own mouths?

Emoryal

Superstar
Daps
We are mostly black men from Western countries on this site living in the year 2021. I am talking about these topics from that perspective. When I say "black" I am talking about my own cultural paradigm. Its irrelevant to me what the people in Zanzibar in the 1800s thought of themselves. To me both groups LOOK black. Just as the Ancient Greeks and Germans are white to me despite them viewing themselves as different.

Race is a social construct determined by the time and place in the world you reside. Talking about race without these cultural constructs makes no sense.
Well I don't have the same perspective because mine is based on some level of objectivism and not purely social standards that are subjective person to person. When I say general standard I mean it in the way that everyone has different values and morals but we all usually adhere to some form of utilitarianism. The distinction exists and I don't know if it makes since to speak about one perspective based on no genuine criteria when speaking objectively about a specific topic. We couldn't have a conversation otherwise. I could just say I see everyone as human and we would be at an empasse.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Are you trying to say that both groups were the same? The Arabized ruling class and definitely the South East asian population didnt consider themselves black and made sure the rest of the world knew it. When the rebellion occurred the fighters were able to distinguish who was in the opposing group and who wasn't.

Why call them something they themselves said they arent out of their own mouths?

Read the got damn thread fool. I've already answered every single question you just asked and posted PICTURES to support my points.

Here are pictures of the Sultans of Zanzibar so folks can see how these "Arabs" enslaving "Africans" looked:

map6.jpg

26b76a489507975ef1dc9455e9790b71.jpg

EaEKYRTXsAYmkIM.jpg

mev-10795209.jpg
zanz-Khalifa%20II.jpg

gbp-cpa020402.jpg

Here's a picture of the LAST Sultan of Zanzibar who fled to Oman after the revolution:

Jamshid-bin-Abdullah--former-Sultan-of-Zanzibar_174a5c8a16e_medium.jpg
He looks like he could pass as Elijah Muhammad's brother.

And here are some "Arab" females so ya'll can see how the ladies looked:

women3-2.jpg

gbp-cpa020679.jpg

Here is a picture of the Sultan of Zanzibar's kids:

And here are a group of Arab men from Zanzibar:

If you think the SULTANS of Zanzibar weren't black after looking at those pictures I've already posted, then nobody in America is black.

Both sides of the Zanzibar conflict were phenotypically black according to the American construct on race. Both the Arabs and the Africans. No different than the North Sudanese war with the South Sudanese being between two black groups despite one being "Arab" and the other "non-Arab". White supremacy just loves putting the label of Arabs vs Africans so that we can be brainwashed into thinking black people have always been nothing but slaves.

Last edited: