Yung Knickas Wildin|Draft Picks Stylin|Grimes n Mcbride Got Bball God's Smilin NYK Discussion Thread

KnickstapeCity

:mjpls:
Daps
Reppin
New York
Unless 5 or 8 is coming back, why the fukk are we talking Ross?

Being a fan of this team really is a persistent state of confusion and anger in the midst of what should be joy.

Two picks in a loaded draft, only to fall outside of the lottery for the first time in nearly a decade.

All the guys projected at our spots that we're fantasy drafting on and are perfect fits are suddenly lock lotto picks out of our range.

Plenty of money to go around with no need to waste on B players when we can surround our core with young talent and develop them when we finally have talent development and we're talking about Terrence Ross.

Like getting the sloppiest of Toppin (:dame:) and she just raw dog jams a finger in your a$$hole.

Can't fukking enjoy shyt with this team. :unimpressed:
:picard:

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Unless 5 or 8 is coming back, why the fukk are we talking Ross?

Being a fan of this team really is a persistent state of confusion and anger in the midst of what should be joy.

Two picks in a loaded draft, only to fall outside of the lottery for the first time in nearly a decade.

All the guys projected at our spots that we're fantasy drafting on and are perfect fits are suddenly lock lotto picks out of our range.

Plenty of money to go around with no need to waste on B players when we can surround our core with young talent and develop them when we finally have talent development and we're talking about Terrence Ross.

Like getting the sloppiest of Toppin (:dame:) and she just raw dog jams a finger in your a$$hole.

Can't fukking enjoy shyt with this team. :unimpressed:

It's literally just a move to replace Bullock with a more versatile player at a similar price for less years...relax.

King Static X

The Realest King (የተከበረው ንጉሥ)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kings County
I can’t picture another year of not coming away with a point guard. It will be comical like the giants passing on linebackers in the first round.
knicks-cant-disappoint-you-if-you-have-no-expectations-to-28686481.png

:mjcry:

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
I can’t picture another year of not coming away with a point guard. It will be comical like the giants passing on linebackers in the first round.

The Begley article mentions that the Knicks have shown interest in Davion Mitchell. I'm hoping the Duarte rumors are a smoke screen and they're really just trying to line options up in case Mitchell slips. Talk about a competitive backcourt, Mitchell/RJ would be fun.

Daniel.

BK to NJ, but always a New York Knicka
Daps
It's literally just a move to replace Bullock with a more versatile player at a similar price for less years...relax.

:gucci:

Nah I'm good.

For that, resign Bullock and draft and develop your future 3 in the process.

fukk sense does it make moving a pick for a replacement for someone we can sign outright? Bullock can be had for cheaper annually and likely less of a cap hit, without moving any assets.

We want more dynamic? Get it through the draft with cheap assets, not 13 mil on some bum ass 30 year old that we got by trading assets to replace a slightly bummier, slightly cheaper 30 year old. :gucci:

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
:gucci:

Nah I'm good.

For that, resign Bullock and draft and develop your future 3 in the process.

fukk sense does it make moving a pick for a replacement for someone we can sign outright? Bullock can be had for cheaper annually and likely less of a cap hit, without moving any assets.

We want more dynamic? Get it through the draft with cheap assets, not 13 mil on some bum ass 30 year old that we got by trading assets to replace a slightly bummier, slightly cheaper 30 year old. :gucci:

This whole offseason seems to me like the front office isn't confident that Reggie is gonna be cheap. They're looking at the draft for replacements and lining up trade options. The 3 and D wing search is happening on all fronts. I think they WANT to draft a replacement, but it's not guaranteed that who they want will be there.

I don't believe that the Knicks, fresh off a fourth seed are gonna want to develop 3 or 4 rookies on the roster at once. That's based on some of the rumors and just a general feel from this FO so far. I think they'll look to move up, look to add a vet if that fails, and then probably look to trade out otherwise. Pure speculation.

We definitely need a more dynamic starter on the wing than Bullock, that's one of the biggest takeaways from the Hawks series imo. I would love to get that in the draft, but we NEED to get that piece and if the draft can't produce it then Ross makes a lot of sense. He's on a contract that gets cheaper each year and expires after a couple of years (so he's signed just long enough for his prime).

I'm not saying this is a homerun move, just not that big a deal either way unless they deal that pick away and some clear quality option is missed for it (Cooper might be there...that'll hurt me but I've come to terms with them not being as interested in him as I think they should be).

Wargames

One Of The Last Real Ones To Do It
Daps
Reppin
New York City
This whole offseason seems to me like the front office isn't confident that Reggie is gonna be cheap. They're looking at the draft for replacements and lining up trade options. The 3 and D wing search is happening on all fronts. I think they WANT to draft a replacement, but it's not guaranteed that who they want will be there.

I don't believe that the Knicks, fresh off a fourth seed are gonna want to develop 3 or 4 rookies on the roster at once. That's based on some of the rumors and just a general feel from this FO so far. I think they'll look to move up, look to add a vet if that fails, and then probably look to trade out otherwise. Pure speculation.

We definitely need a more dynamic starter on the wing than Bullock, that's one of the biggest takeaways from the Hawks series imo. I would love to get that in the draft, but we NEED to get that piece and if the draft can't produce it then Ross makes a lot of sense. He's on a contract that gets cheaper each year and expires after a couple of years (so he's signed just long enough for his prime).

I'm not saying this is a homerun move, just not that big a deal either way unless they deal that pick away and some clear quality option is missed for it (Cooper might be there...that'll hurt me but I've come to terms with them not being as interested in him as I think they should be).
I hear you but my issue is I think they were a hollow 4th seed. Almost everything had to go right for them to get knocked out the first round.

Terrance Ross is not a name I expect to be part of the solution to their problems. He is better than Bullock though.

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
Orlando's still in rebuild mode. I think he'd make sense as a guy we trade for with 19 or 21 in case the front office doesn't like what's available there...well I'd hope. 32 would be an absolute steal.

I don't think he'd preclude us signing either guy. I'd definitely still want Rose back. Burks...depends on price tag.
On further thought. He’d be someone we can trade next summer as an expiring too.

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ

we’ll get someone in FA. Unlike football, the odds of whatever pg we draft becoming a real difference maker where we are drafting is pretty low.

Daniel.

BK to NJ, but always a New York Knicka
Daps

That's fair.

I don't think you're saying it's a home run move and I also don't think it's a big deal as a replacement for Bullock in a vacuum; but not with pick. It's like you said, there's likely going to be quality in that range and if we're talking moving picks for a player, specifically #21, where we can get homegrown talent on offense that we can develop, Terrence Ross isn't it to me; not unless we're getting something of value back beyond Ross

Adding Knox to the mix, when he can also probably be moved as a throw-in for a separate deal or at least some future 2nd rounders would piss me off too.

Wargames

One Of The Last Real Ones To Do It
Daps
Reppin
New York City

My dream Knicks move is up to 13, grab Ross from Orlando for a bunch of second, and make a deal for pick 9 and Bagley with the Kings…..

Or you know trade for Ross and 8. I would even be cool if they added that 2023 Mavs pick.

Rev

Bong
Daps
Reppin
Uptown
Man this Duarte shyt is killing me.
so is the word now that the Knicks will need to trade up to get him, as opposed to him being there at #19? he was initially thought of as a 20+ pick.

if that is the case, i bet it wouldn't the case if it weren't the Knicks looking to select him. :birdman: