Yung Knickas Wildin|Draft Picks Stylin|Grimes n Mcbride Got Bball God's Smilin NYK Discussion Thread

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
I hear you but my issue is I think they were a hollow 4th seed. Almost everything had to go right for them to get knocked out the first round.

Terrance Ross is not a name I expect to be part of the solution to their problems. He is better than Bullock though.

I feel you on the hollow 4th seed. They need to do more to lock in a playoff squad than adding Ross. I do think he's a useful player in a playoff rotation though and his contract fits our window to continue building toward real long-term solutions. The thing I like about this kind of move is that it could free them up to target project rookies instead of needing a ready-now guy like Duarte. It definitely depends on the type of deal though.

That's fair.

I don't think you're saying it's a home run move and I also don't think it's a big deal as a replacement for Bullock in a vacuum; but not with pick. It's like you said, there's likely going to be quality in that range and if we're talking moving picks for a player, specifically #21, where we can get homegrown talent on offense that we can develop, Terrence Ross isn't it to me; not unless we're getting something of value back beyond Ross

Adding Knox to the mix, when he can also probably be moved as a throw-in for a separate deal or at least some future 2nd rounders would piss me off too.

I can dig that. My thinking on moving 21 and Knox is that it would give us the picks to move back into the first round and still peel out a second quality prospect. With this draft, it's possible that they can even hang back to get their guy at 32 and then move 33 for a future consideration like they did last year. I'm looking at our roster as having a two year window (they'll swing on the real big piece next offseason and then our cap is dry after re-signing Barrett). So a move for Ross is a nominal improvement, but it could turn him into a depth piece once other pieces are finalized.

Purely guesswork...I think this type of move would come down to whether or not Duarte or Murphy is there when they pick. If they can get one of their coveted wings then it won't happen. But the latest mocks have the best wings around taken before we pick, so this feels like a solid back-up plan that leaves plenty of cap to chase an improvement at PG and to either re-sign some of our guys or replace them (Burks and Noel namely...I think Noel's gone).

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
so is the word now that the Knicks will need to trade up to get him, as opposed to him being there at #19? he was initially thought of as a 20+ pick.

if that is the case, i bet it wouldn't the case if it weren't the Knicks looking to select him. :birdman:

The rumor mill has Golden State and the Wizards coveting him. That's 14/15 range just ahead of us.

• Dap
Reactions: Rev

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
On further thought. He’d be someone we can trade next summer as an expiring too.

The move is a bit of a punt, but it's the good kind. You can recoup on the assets out even in a worst case scenario. He's a serviceable player on a contract that probably looks even better after this offseason's overpays (I haven't seen a single contract projection for an FA that I've thought looks like a good deal besides Randle extending with us).

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ

My dream Knicks move is up to 13, grab Ross from Orlando for a bunch of second, and make a deal for pick 9 and Bagley with the Kings…..

Or you know trade for Ross and 8. I would even be cool if they added that 2023 Mavs pick.

Did you mean Buddy? I want no parts of Bagley. :hubie: