Yung Knickas Wildin|Draft Picks Stylin|Grimes n Mcbride Got Bball God's Smilin NYK Discussion Thread

Wargames

One Of The Last Real Ones To Do It
Daps
Reppin
New York City
badly handled how?
felton came back the following year
we pretty much traded melo for Chandler gallarni mosgov and picks.

a year and a half later we won 54 games and won a playoff series for the first time in 13 years.

using the amensty on billups, injuries and other front office issues has nothin to do with.melo.
i dont see how the trade is to blame.for that.

mayb we gave up 1 additional asset then we should.of, but we were in heavy compeition with other teams.

i dont see how the trade was a negative

We gave away everything and took back a bunch of scrubs. Plus they admitted they gave up more to bring Billups with Melo. It wasn’t a straight up Melo trade. They do that trade and keep one of Wilson or Gallo and we would have been a much better team.

seemorecizzy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
We gave away everything and took back a bunch of scrubs. Plus they admitted they gave up more to bring Billups with Melo. It wasn’t a straight up Melo trade. They do that trade and keep one of Wilson or Gallo and we would have been a much better team.
:snoop:
you just following narratives breh
again, a year and half later we were a 54 win contending team.
the alternative was an injured amare for 5 years
or a injured deron williams

we were in a position to succeed and we fukked it up. nikka talkin to me about wilson chandler:snoop:

Typical Knicks Fan

F-ing Knicks.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New York

:damn: How reliable is this man

Don’t go making the posters and jerseys until we get him. These talks every season is like Charlie Brown trying to kick the football.

tenor.gif

Wargames

Daps
Reppin
New York City
:snoop:
you just following narratives breh
again, a year and half later we were a 54 win contending team.
the alternative was an injured amare for 5 years
or a injured deron williams

we were in a position to succeed and we fukked it up. nikka talkin to me about wilson chandler:snoop:
We were never contenders :francis: because we gave too much away.

I was on this board then saying they gave too much away. Melo was a superstar and the 54 win team was really good but that was with old man depth that couldn’t handle Playoff pressure. You got to have a top 10 player AND good depth to be a legit contender.

At the end of the day Kidd couldn’t hold up, Novak and Shump were limited to either offense or defense, and JR and Melo needed help. Wilson or Gallo to that squad helps a lot

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
Lillard don't make no sense for us.
I agree. The most I’m giving up is Obi, Quickley and picks and that’s not a good offer at all. Anything else and it’s way to difficult to field a team around Dame.
I think we can get CJ for just picks honestly. Maybe Obi and 2 firsts like the Sexton deal. I’d be willing to do that but I’d have to have Lonzo at pg or else i don’t want to do it.

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
Let’s say you CAN get dame and keep RJ and Mitch, how would y’all spend the rest of the 16-20 million we’d have leftover in free agency? A roster that looks like:

Dame/Rose/Luca
RJ/Quick/Theo
Duncan Robinson/Bullock/Draft Pick or Vet Min
Randle/Melo/Draft Pick of Vet Min
Mitch/Taj/Draft pick or Vet Min

Isn’t a bad roster at all. The upside of this team would be squarely on RJs development tho. If he can become as good as say... Jaylen Brown is now, by year 4 than we’re a contender.

Wargames

Daps
Reppin
New York City
Let’s say you CAN get dame and keep RJ and Mitch, how would y’all spend the rest of the 16-20 million we’d have leftover in free agency? A roster that looks like:

Dame/Rose/Luca
RJ/Quick/Theo
Duncan Robinson/Bullock/Draft Pick or Vet Min
Randle/Melo/Draft Pick of Vet Min
Mitch/Taj/Draft pick or Vet Min

Isn’t a bad roster at all. The upside of this team would be squarely on RJs development tho. If he can become as good as say... Jaylen Brown is now, by year 4 than we’re a contender.
Makes sense, get Duncan and then keep Bullock and Rose with bird rights. I am assuming they take Quick and Obi. I would try to keep either one of the 2023 picks but the goal is limit it to four first rounders (like the two 2021 and two 2023 picks). If it goes into 2024 or 2025 now your limiting the Knicks ability to build around RJ, but yeah this team could make a nice run.

Stop_It_5

Veteran
Daps
We were never contenders :francis: because we gave too much away.

I was on this board then saying they gave too much away. Melo was a superstar and the 54 win team was really good but that was with old man depth that couldn’t handle Playoff pressure. You got to have a top 10 player AND good depth to be a legit contender.

At the end of the day Kidd couldn’t hold up, Novak and Shump were limited to either offense or defense, and JR and Melo needed help. Wilson or Gallo to that squad helps a lot
The "gave too much away" narrative just doesn't hold up with the full context we have now.

Decisions made post-Melo trade were far more damaging.