Yung Knickas Wildin|Draft Picks Stylin|Grimes n Mcbride Got Bball God's Smilin NYK Discussion Thread

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
@Wargames @storyteller yall do your homework on this Roko fella? I like the things I’m hearing about him...

Haven't seen enough of him to make any confident comments. I hear really good things about how skillful he is and I've seen some highlights of him posterizing dudes which was unexpected.

Wargames

One Of The Last Real Ones To Do It
Daps
Reppin
New York City
The "gave too much away" narrative just doesn't hold up with the full context we have now.

Decisions made post-Melo trade were far more damaging.
It was one of many, MANY bad moves. This whole conversation is also ignoring Melo was about to be free agent that Summer. To put it into perspective the whole time melo was here those picks turned in Jamal Murray. As for the players we seen Gallo is still a useful piece and Wilson was a good player until 2017. The trade didn’t ruin the Knicks but it did limit them that things like misusing the amnesty screwed them.

I find it really interesting as we hear these trade rumors people are forgetting how being to focused on getting a star player limited the team later.

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
Haven't seen enough of him to make any confident comments. I hear really good things about how skillful he is and I've seen some highlights of him posterizing dudes which was unexpected.
I just heard he’s been the team captain of his men’s pro team in Croatia since he was 17. He won’t turn 19 until November. He’d make a nice Obi replacement if he’s traded too.

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
Makes sense, get Duncan and then keep Bullock and Rose with bird rights. I am assuming they take Quick and Obi. I would try to keep either one of the 2023 picks but the goal is limit it to four first rounders (like the two 2021 and two 2023 picks). If it goes into 2024 or 2025 now your limiting the Knicks ability to build around RJ, but yeah this team could make a nice run.
It’d probably have to be 21, 22 swap, 23, 24 swap, 25, 26 swap and 27. We’d only be negative 2 picks but the 25 and 27 picks would be the only valuable ones to the blazers.

Edit: i think this is what the Blazers would ask for on top of wanting RJ too.

Last edited:

OsO

Souldier
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
I'd take Sexton.

I'd take Dame for sure, as long as the Knicks don't gut the entire squad.

Anybody rooting for Knicks to get Lonzo I might have to neg.

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
I'd still include Randle in a trade over Obi if it's for a star point guard better than him. I'd package him with Knox, Frank and however many picks they need.

Randle and RJ play the same game and are strongest at their left. Need someone ambidextrous, can score and playmake.
I get it. But you’d need to trade Randle for someone else to play with Dame. Which isn’t feasible if we’re going to give it all to get Dame in the first place. If you’re the Knicks, you can only trade Randle for someone of Kat or Embiid’s caliber.

Peter Popoff

AKA Petty Pimpiń..🤑
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, Texas
I get it. But you’d need to trade Randle for someone else to play with Dame. Which isn’t feasible if we’re going to give it all to get Dame in the first place. If you’re the Knicks, you can only trade Randle for someone of Kat or Embiid’s caliber.
But in today's league it's harder to find a good point guard than wings/bigs. Bullock, Burk, RJ, Quickley, Toppin would all thrive off Dame. We can still get Duncan Robinson or a decent stretch for low which is why I would throw Randle away asap at the opportunity and build off the youth we have.

Looking at Hawks game, Young was giving everyone touches and opportunities to score. We need more of a point guard that can do that than a dominant point forward that plays like RJ. Bully ball is not the way when you have too many bullies with the same game on the lineup.