Yung Knickas Wildin|Draft Picks Stylin|Grimes n Mcbride Got Bball God's Smilin NYK Discussion Thread

Wargames

One Of The Last Real Ones To Do It
Daps
Reppin
New York City
I need him to get a lil post game work too:banderas:One thing I wish we could get Wade to work with him about

I just like the improvements he made on taking 3’s. A lot of them last season we’re C&S. If he is now able to create threes on his own he’s opened up another part of his game.

I am ok that he’ll go back to working on this the rest of the summer.

Ironman

#Knickstape
Daps
Reppin
Avengers compound

I just like the improvements he made on taking 3’s. A lot of them last season we’re C&S. If he is now able to create threes on his own he’s opened up another part of his game.

I am ok that he’ll go back to working on this the rest of the summer.

Oh for sure I'm not complaining he's clearly been working on off the dribble shooting which is great. Next step is improving his handles for separation he can just out bully anyone he isn't quicker then.

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
I need Davion Mitchell to slip in the draft to a place we can trade up...Then again, one of Cooper or Mann should reach us and neither is a bad consolation prize. One has elite scoring upside the other has elite playmaking upside (upside...not there yet...and they both have some flaws for sure, but an elite on-ball skill in the late teens is worth taking a shot.

Ironman

#Knickstape
Daps
Reppin
Avengers compound
The team that plays together might get trade together :francis:

tenor.gif

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ

Kyle and Lonzo is my favorite off season. And if we don’t move up, Duarte/Mann and Murphy III. I like Lonzo’s versatility and i really love what a him and Quickley back court can look like in a year or 2. I’m not sold on going in on Quickley now tho. So 4/84 for Lonzo and 2/55 for Lowry would be a hell of a free agency. If we can get team options on both those deals that would be great. If we can get Lonzo on a declining deal, even better.

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC

Kyle and Lonzo is my favorite off season. And if we don’t move up, Duarte/Mann and Murphy III. I like Lonzo’s versatility and i really love what a him and Quickley back court can look like in a year or 2. I’m not sold on going in on Quickley now tho. So 4/84 for Lonzo and 2/55 for Lowry would be a hell of a free agency. If we can get team options on both those deals that would be great. If we can get Lonzo on a declining deal, even better.

I like Lonzo a lot for Thibs' system. He's got the jumper, plays smart and moves the ball, plus gives you a legitimate perimeter defender...and he's grown year over year, players that constantly improve are worth investment. He and IQ would definitely be a fun pair (I like the idea of Mann/IQ constantly pressuring a defense too).

Speaking of IQ, he's working on his PG skills with the select team.

https://sny.tv/articles/knicks-immanuel-quickley-mid-range-game-usa-select-team

Immanuel Quickley is working on his mid-range game while playing against some of the best players in the world this week in Las Vegas.

Quickley is scrimmaging against members of the Team USA Select team this week during Team USA’s training camp.

The Select Team will also practice and scrimmage against the senior men’s team, which is competing in the Tokyo Olympics later this summer.

During a conference call with reporters on Wednesday night, Quickley said he’s been working on his mid-range shot during the Select Team practices.

“I’m just trying to work on things that I didn’t necessarily show last year, which is my mid-range game, my pullup, creating for my teammates and consistently running a team,” Quickley said of his experience with the Select Team thus far.

Quickley said he’s been playing a lot of point guard during Select Team workouts/practices, which include Knicks rookie Obi Toppin.

“It’s been a great experience,” he said.

That experience will include separate workouts with Nets star Kevin Durant. Quickley said Durant told him during the week that they should workout together while in Vegas.

That’s probably the best thing any of these guys can say. They’re willing to work out with us and teach us,” Quickley said.

Quickley said his mid-range pull-up shots and running an offense are two areas of focus this offseason.

“I shot a lot of floaters and teams picked up on that,” he said. “... Just trying to get better each and every day with those things.”

Quickley added that he’s working on every aspect of his game in the offseason, including his defense and finishing at the rim.

Quickley was honored to make the NBA’s All-Rookie Second Team. He gave credit to his teammates and coaches. The coaches congratulated him when he received the honor but also shared a message with him.

"Just telling me there’s more work to be done, which I understand there is. I feel like I had a good season, but I don’t feel like I had a great season,” Quickley said. “I feel like I could have done a lot more and I’m looking forward to coming back and proving myself even more in this next year.”

Quickley was asked if the Knicks look at their loss to Atlanta in the first round of the playoffs differently after the Hawks advanced to the Eastern Conference Finals.

“I think we look at is as we let an opportunity slip away. We feel like we came far but we could have went even farther,” he said. "Atlanta’s a great team, credit to them. But we tried not to look at ‘They beat this team so we can beat that team,’ we just didn’t play our best so just coming back in the offseason we’re going to continue to work hard, continue to get better and just be ready for next season.”