Yung Knickas Wildin|Draft Picks Stylin|Grimes n Mcbride Got Bball God's Smilin NYK Discussion Thread

Ty-Fife

14k Gold Slum Computer Wizard
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
nikkas want game 6 attack this nikka Trae out the gate. It's ridiculous how Thibs doesn't have Rose and RJ get the switch and take turns bullying this nikka to the rim, fukk if Capela there, we dying cause nikkas settling for contested jumpers and then leaving nikkas open to take 3s. The Hawks offense is night and day when Trae isn't on the court.

Mr. Jack Napier

#MambaForever
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Empire State
Y'all make it sound like this is some easy shyt. Like you can magically make Trae guard RJ or Randle and exploit him. Trae guarding Reggie Bullock... So unless we start Burks and have Reggie come off the bench, nothing we can really do with Trae

Switching breh, other teams do it all the time in their favor. Trae had 3 first half fouls. I didn’t see one possession in the 3rd qtr where Thibs ran anything to go at Trae & pick up #4. He has to coach better than that.

Ty-Fife

Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Switching breh, other teams do it all the time in their favor. Trae had 3 first half fouls. I didn’t see one possession in the 3rd qtr where Thibs ran anything to go at Trae & pick up #4. He has to coach better than that.

Exactly, dudes could have gotten him off the court in foul trouble yet didn't even exploit that.

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
these are the lessons usually learned within the first 2-3 years of an actual star.
took julius 7 years to get to this stage.....late bloomer stuff. he'll learn from it...but in that same token . I dont believe he's a true #1...and just is one cause of circumstance.
thibs has done him no favors in terms of adjustments.
Right. They went into this series knowing that the ONLY advantage we had against them was Julius and they took him out just like the Thibs lead Celtics defense did against Kobe back in 08 and 09. Julius isn’t a number one but we knew that already. Nothings changed besides our hurt feelings. We’re still in the hunt for a true number 1 (preferably a wing) and a significant upgrade at point guard.

BAMBA

The Menace
Supporter
Daps
these are the lessons usually learned within the first 2-3 years of an actual star.
took julius 7 years to get to this stage.....late bloomer stuff. he'll learn from it...but in that same token . I dont believe he's a true #1...and just is one cause of circumstance.
thibs has done him no favors in terms of adjustments.

I don’t believe he is a #1, and Trae Young, who is also playing in his first playoff series and has been in the league far less time than Julius, is showing us what a true star looks like.

King Static X

The Realest King (የተከበረው ንጉሥ)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kings County
It's clear that Julius Randle can't be option #1, he's an option #2 type player. A team's offense can't be centered around Julius Randle period.

The Knicks need an elite point guard. We haven't had one since Walt Frazier. The Knicks also need a solid knock-down 3 point shooter like Bogdanović.

Ty-Fife

Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Mitch is sorely missed too, Trae wouldn't be abusing the PnR as much as has and damn sure would have a harder time getting those floaters off and finding the roll man.
6VtkXht.png

Wargames

One Of The Last Real Ones To Do It
Daps
Reppin
New York City
This draft Knicks should look at Ayo and Ziaire basically as Burke and Bullock replacements.

There isn’t enough talent in FA to make it worth it.

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
It's clear that Julius Randle can't be option #1, he's an option #2 type player. A team's offense can't be centered around Julius Randle period.

The Knicks need an elite point guard. We haven't had one since Walt Frazier. The Knicks also need a solid knock-down 3 point shooter like Bogdanović.
I told y’all Randle isn’t as effective when he isn’t prioritized :hubie:

#2 option? Ideally that nikka is a #4 or 6th Man on a championship team.