Yung Knickas Wildin|Draft Picks Stylin|Grimes n Mcbride Got Bball God's Smilin NYK Discussion Thread

Miggs

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.O.
My guy has had the opportunity to grab positions by the horns. With Elfrid and rose out he had to take advantage....he only shown his defensive strength but has been lacking on offense. He can’t even hit a shot anymore :beli:. We not surprised on what he can do on defense... he’s magnificent but homie we’ve needed you to hit shots the past few games and you’ve totally gone cold on us. :what:Before the all star break he was on a 3pt tear.... now he doesn’t even bother showing up on offense or taking chances. Y’all saying I’m a Stan but damn he’s making it hard for me to defend him.

Foreals we in the offensive era,scores are 130-120 everynight if you cant get buckets in this era,you dont need to be on the floor....That Andre Roberson role is being phased out along with the big man,you need to be able to score.

Ironman

#Knickstape
Daps
Reppin
Avengers compound
Any of y’all see knicks fan tv tonight? CP briefly touched on why J-Ellis hasn’t been on lately. Brehs on the chat spreading rumors about them beefing and he addressed it and said they both were taking different directions :mjcry: damn J-Ellis been there from the jump. Hope CP ain’t throwing him to the bushes now that he getting the ESPN fame.
:ohhh:Damn I wonder what happened

Ironman

#Knickstape
Daps
Reppin
Avengers compound
My guy has had the opportunity to grab positions by the horns. With Elfrid and rose out he had to take advantage....he only shown his defensive strength but has been lacking on offense. He can’t even hit a shot anymore :beli:. We not surprised on what he can do on defense... he’s magnificent but homie we’ve needed you to hit shots the past few games and you’ve totally gone cold on us. :what:Before the all star break he was on a 3pt tear.... now he doesn’t even bother showing up on offense or taking chances. Y’all saying I’m a Stan but damn he’s making it hard for me to defend him.
I can't even say anything :francis:

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
Yall been saying he needs to start because he's better than Burks, Elf, Bullock, Young, Mudiay and everybody else all the coaches are playing in front of him
I mean, i guess he’s the only player to ever go through a shooting slump. That’s cool. We should just cut him right? Our argument has always been he brings more to the table than scoring and those things are needed on winning teams. We’ve all conceded that he’s not a starter or a pg. He’s in a really bad shooting slump and seems to have lost his confidence. He also still makes things happen despite that shyt. I’d STILL rather play him than Elf.

seemorecizzy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
change your display picture
its time

seemorecizzy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I mean, i guess he’s the only player to ever go through a shooting slump. That’s cool. We should just cut him right? Our argument has always been he brings more to the table than scoring and those things are needed on winning teams. We’ve all conceded that he’s not a starter or a pg. He’s in a really bad shooting slump and seems to have lost his confidence. He also still makes things happen despite that shyt. I’d STILL rather play him than Elf.
payton is way better than frank and payton is trash in his own right

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
payton is way better than frank and payton is trash in his own right
Not for this team.

Anyway, silver lining time now that I’ve got some sleep. Games like this is why you don’t want to tank. Despite finally becoming an All Star, how many late game reps like tonight and last night has Julius gotten his whole career? Against good teams in games that matter? I’d bet it’s less than 10. Even our “vets”, Burks and Bullock don’t get used in these situations because they’ve been solid bench players their whole careers. This type of stuff is great for IQ and RJ to get out of the way early. Basketball is about reps and muscle memory. You have to actually play in important games in order to learn how to execute down the stretch. Having Rose would have helped tremendously cause he’s a guy who’s been in these situations plenty of times. It’s also why i really want to trade for an elite level wing.

Wargames

One Of The Last Real Ones To Do It
Daps
Reppin
New York City
Not for this team.

Anyway, silver lining time now that I’ve got some sleep. Games like this is why you don’t want to tank. Despite finally becoming an All Star, how many late game reps like tonight and last night has Julius gotten his whole career? Against good teams in games that matter? I’d bet it’s less than 10. Even our “vets”, Burks and Bullock don’t get used in these situations because they’ve been solid bench players their whole careers. This type of stuff is great for IQ and RJ to get out of the way early. Basketball is about reps and muscle memory. You have to actually play in important games in order to learn how to execute down the stretch. Having Rose would have helped tremendously cause he’s a guy who’s been in these situations plenty of times. It’s also why i really want to trade for an elite level wing.

None of the people the knicks are linked too have experience with "Important" games.

Drummond, Lonzo, Lavine, Oladipo...... All those guys are guys who would have to come here to learn to win.

seemorecizzy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Not for this team.

payton is a better player than frank on any team.
hes just a better basketball player period. payton defend very well also.

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
None of the people the knicks are linked too have experience with "Important" games.

Drummond, Lonzo, Lavine, Oladipo...... All those guys are guys who would have to come here to learn to win.
Dipo does. But he’s washed so it doesn’t matter. I think Fournier elevates this team despite him being a bonafide 2 if not 2b to RJ.

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
payton is a better player than frank on any team.
hes just a better basketball player period. payton defend very well also.

RJ has been playing his best basketball while Elfrid has been out. I refuse to believe that’s a coincidence. I know Frank has to hit some of the 3-5 shots a game he gets. Believe me it’s infuriating to me too. But his sitting in the corner as a threat in the nets game helped open the floor up for RJ to cook while Julius got rest. Him not hitting those shots hurt only cause we desperately need them. But just adding Rose to the team puts Frank back into his proper role where his shots are bonuses instead of necessities.

Last edited:

seemorecizzy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
RJ has been playing his best basketball while Elfrid has been out. I refuse to believe that’s a coincidence. I know Frank has to hit some of people he 3-5 shots a game he gets. Believe me it’s infuriating to me too. But his sitting in the corner as a threat in the nets game helped open the floor up for RJ to cook while Julius got rest. Him not hitting those shots hurt only cause he desperately need them. But just adding Rose to the team puts Frank back into his proper role where his shots are bonuses instead of necessities.
payton doesnt pass rj the ball for whatever reason.
doesnt mean he isnt a better basketball player than frank.
frank doesnt set up anyone to score.

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
payton doesnt pass rj the ball for whatever reason.
doesnt mean he isnt a better basketball player than frank.
frank doesnt set up anyone to score.
I never said he wasn’t better than Frank. RJ doesn’t need to be set up. He’s most effective creating for himself and others with an occasional catch and shoot three sprinkled in. All things he gets to do the most when Elfrid isn’t playing.