Yu Yu Hakusho is the Static Shock of Anime

FishNGrits

Superstar
Daps
HxH currently smack in the middle of its most detailed arc and you think togashi’s gonna bring back yuyu because he has more stories to tell? :heh:
Smh gotta read all the shyt over again cause I fell off for two months. I may wait for it to end so I don’t gotta keep re reading. Too many details to pay attention too. Them beasts was lit tho

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
thats not a good argument to hang your hat on on how YYH is better. Story wise both were simple martial art plots that were not planned works from either artist. Both Tori and Togashi were just making it up as they went.

YYH has the same flaw of repition that people critiqued Bleach for, a corny out of nowhere ancient demon ancestry people killed Naruto for, and the series turning and copying DBZ with the power level shyt where everything turned into "how much is his spirit energy"

It has all the flaws that the 3 i mentioned have, but gets treated like a masterpiece by some of yall.

only characters have a argument

plot wise they are about the same which is martial art based plots, DB does it much better and is far more entertaining and intriguing with arcs like Saiyan arc and frieza. And executes the themes of wuxia better.
At least the demon thing was around since day one in YYH. DBZ pulled all their space shyt out of nowhere.

People can go down the line on all the dumb shyt that happened in DB because Toriyama was making it up as he went when he did and didn't give a fukk equally. This dude has been using Freiza as a crutch for decades. Man named a planet, king, and prince all the same thing. Piccolo went from being a demon lord - to also an alien. All these power ups? Assorted hair colorings. Can't even make up new moves for Goku so he just jacks them from all of his other characters and slaps them on Goku once he's systematically reintroduced to the plot and hopes everyone forgets where those things came from.

You can't even run with the "its just the characters" bit because it implies better writing too. How does Roshi stand up to Yusuke's mentor? shyt, as a character who can't keep up - Krillin and Kuwabara are night and day as well.

I love the DB franchise but that shyt is all hype and pure mid

Malik1time

What you looking at?
Daps
Reppin
Queens
:what:
No it's not. nikkas always gotta have this "either/or" mentality about shyt. They're both dope. DBZ got bigger-- but we can be honest that's because it lacks depth and therefore requires little investment, making for better "crossover" appeal.

It's like comparing an artist with radio hits vs "your favorite rapper's favorite rapper".

YYH IS superior. But it's not greater than DBZ. And that's okay.
nuff said:yeshrug::ehh: sums it up nicely:yeshrug:

Sankofa Alwayz

#FBADOS #B1 #D(M)V #KnowThyself #WaveGod
Daps
Reppin
Pretty Girl County, MD
nS0Pf01.jpg

The man is a pig.

I can only imagine the smell :scust:

Cadillac

Veteran
Daps
At least the demon thing was around since day one in YYH. DBZ pulled all their space shyt out of nowhere.

People can go down the line on all the dumb shyt that happened in DB because Toriyama was making it up as he went when he did and didn't give a fukk equally. This dude has been using Freiza as a crutch for decades. Man named a planet, king, and prince all the same thing. Piccolo went from being a demon lord - to also an alien. All these power ups? Assorted hair colorings. Can't even make up new moves for Goku so he just jacks them from all of his other characters and slaps them on Goku once he's systematically reintroduced to the plot and hopes everyone forgets where those things came from.

You can't even run with the "its just the characters" bit because it implies better writing too. How does Roshi stand up to Yusuke's mentor? shyt, as a character who can't keep up - Krillin and Kuwabara are night and day as well.

DB has a fantasy/sci fi world where sci -fi elements such as aliens was not totally out there espescially given this is a verse with tech like capsules, Cyborgs/androids and flying cars exist. So sci-fi was always there from Chapter 1 when Bulma showed up in a high tech motorbike. Could the alien thing have been set up better? yes but it was not completely out of left field. to introduce sci-fi

espescially given the lore of Goku and piccolo was never set or grounded in anything besides surface level inspiration of Journey to the west and eastern mythology in the aesthethic department. They were never established factually of being what they were assumed to be(monkey king and a demon). It was all assumption and speculation by reader and even the characters,. And the sci-fi element cleared everything up

As for YYH, even with the demon element being there that does soften the near dues ex machina. togashi pulled with the demon ancestry thing. Worst of all it was used as a asspul powerup to defeat a villian with no foreshadowing or any buildup. It was just Togashi bringing it out as a resort to resolve the arc

im not gonna address some of the other stuff cause your just nitpicking at what you dont like. and yes you can say "its just the characters" as characterization is not the only way of writing. You have the story itself, themes, and execution. Which DB did better than YYH.

you can go on about DB's lows, but YYH has lows to.On top of that, This series ends has one of the worst endings, and yet according to some of yall this is better than DB. Man foh:mjlol:

Another Man

Trappin w/ Benzino
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Red Roof Inn
DB has a fantasy/sci fi world where sci -fi elements such as aliens was not totally out there espescially given this is a verse with tech like capsules, Cyborgs/androids and flying cars exist. So sci-fi was always there from Chapter 1 when Bulma showed up in a high tech motorbike. Could the alien thing have been set up better? yes but it was not completely out of left field. to introduce sci-fi

espescially given the lore of Goku and piccolo was never set or grounded in anything besides surface level inspiration of Journey to the west and eastern mythology in the aesthethic department. They were never established factually of being what they were assumed to be(monkey king and a demon). It was all assumption and speculation by reader and even the characters,. And the sci-fi element cleared everything up

As for YYH, even with the demon element being there that does soften the near dues ex machina. togashi pulled with the demon ancestry thing. Worst of all it was used as a asspul powerup to defeat a villian with no foreshadowing or any buildup. It was just Togashi bringing it out as a resort to resolve the arc

im not gonna address some of the other stuff cause your just nitpicking at what you dont like. and yes you can say "its just the characters" as characterization is not the only way of writing. You have the story itself, themes, and execution. Which DB did better than YYH.

you can go on about DB's lows, but YYH has lows to.On top of that, This series ends has one of the worst endings, and yet according to some of yall this is better than DB. Man foh:mjlol:
Stop right there breh :ufdup:
Yuyus ending wasn't bad really, it's just that the final arc was kinda rushed. Let's not even talk about endings when DBZ should've ended at Frieza:mjgrin:
Or how the torch should have at least been passed to Gohan after the Cell arc:mjgrin:
And you talk about asspulls when DB is the UNDIPSUTED KING of asspulls:laff:
Look, I love DBZ also, one of my favs for various and some obvious reasons, but let's not do this over what you've mentioned breh :laff:

Kairi Irving

Here Comes A New Challenger
Daps

the story in the DBZ was never great, its the fights that make the show. I cant think of an iconic moment in the show that wasnt centered on action and fighting

Daps
Reppin
NULL
tumblr_inline_p32he0Fafv1uuk31b_540.gif

That team Urameshi drip :banderas:

I miss watching YYH on Toonami. The one thing I always respected about YYH is that you saw the whole crew putting in work against the villains.
I hate it when shows make everyone useless except for 1 or 2 main characters. That's why DBZ got really boring to me after it became the Goku and Vegeta show.

Since we're on the subject, Hunter x Hunter is flames. Heaven's Arena, Yorknew City, Greed Island, and the Chimera Ants. :whoo: