Your Unpopular Food Opinions

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
How is regular mustard so :scusthov: but honey mustard is :ohlawd:

I feel this way about spicy mustard. I hate it but like regular mustard.

i wanna say this but i need a clear definition of what is soul food.

I mean to me being from another country, American food is american food so i cant always differentiate the different types of american foods

In my honest opinion American cuisine is kinda meh. Doesnt come close to the diferent caribbean cuisines im used to. But there are some things that i find in black american cuisine that are dope tho.
  1. BURGERS: American made burgers are hands down the best from all the burgers i have tasted across the world. Few others are good (UK, Argentina) but still nowhere near.
  2. POTATOES: How creative you guys get with potatoes is just amazing to me. Fries, potato salads, mash potatoes, potato wedges. You may not think it's much because you're used to it but to someone who didnt grow up with it it's pretty dope :ehh:
  3. FRIED CHICKEN - My Yank friends tell me im honorary Yank because of my love for fried chicken the way Americans make it :russ:. Caribbean people dont bread our fried chicken the way ya'll do.:mjcry: Ya'll fried chicken is the sh!t. Granted your roasted chicken is meh and BBQ is just alright to me. And you guys dont make stew chicken or jerk chicken or curry chicken like caribbeans do. But you put this Haitian breh in front of some american m-made fried chicken :ohlawd:
You guys have perfected the potatoe but you really need to learn to use other starches tho :ufdup:. Too many options out there for y'all to just exploit just one vegetable like that and have no clue of the others. Plantains, malangas, yams (not that crap you guys call yams. thats a sweet potatoe to the rest of the world), cassava, breadfruit :ohlawd:

Interesting perspective, I feel the same about Carribean Food, I love Islands, DR, PR, Cuban, Jamaican, Haitian, Trinidad, Tobago, all of it

I was just gonna say this, Ribeye is the best cut of steak, imo, there is enough fat to get a good char, is flavorful and is large, can't beat that.

Also I despise coleslaw, and I'll never eat it.

Daps
What does that mean??? :mindblown: Its just a style of food....

Its leftover food nikkas got after massa was done eating. Its not the food our ancestors ate before they were enslaved is what he means.

Also im blacc and i hate soul food too. Let it go, nikka.

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
Its leftover food nikkas got after massa was done eating. Its not the food our ancestors ate before they were enslaved is what he means.

Also im blacc and i hate soul food too. Let it go, nikka.

I know the history... :comeon:

mrken12

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Maryland
Bacon really isn't ALL that. It's over hyped- like avocados.

Coconut water taste like baby sweat.

How do you even know....never mind.
full

QuintessentialBM

GoldenAgeGamer82 - PSN ID
Daps
Reppin
Gamers Paradise
I could go on for days in this thread....

The best candies are anything with white chocolate, caramel or butterscotch.

Red (seedless) grapes>>>>>>>Green Grapes

Add another to the total tally of "African-Americans that don't eat watermelon." My favorite fruits are pears and pineapples.

Even though seafood is healthier than other foods, I detest it.

fukk chitlins, pig feet and gravy with gizzards. Neck bones and ox tails are cool.

Potato Salad is generally disgusting to me because most black people put the two things I detest in it. Miracle Whip and hard-boiled eggs.

Eggs should ALWAYS be cooked hard/well done. Hard -Boiled/Over Easy/Over Medium :camby:

Steak.... Medium well or :camby:

Mayo is ok, but never by itself. Must have mustard and/or ketchup in addition, especially on a hamburger.

Plain mustard is TURRIBLE on cold cut sandwiches. Mustard should only be reserved for hot sandwiches. Honey mustard is acceptable for cold sandwiches.

Bologna/Salami/Hot Dogs..... WOAT foods ever! :camby:

I'll slow down now.

Giselle

Bushed
Daps
Grits aint shyt either really

Which way did you eat them?

The only way that I eat grits is for breakfast with cheese and sugar in it. It tastes great. It kind of reminds me of cream of wheat, but thicker and better.

Some people eat theirs with salt and shrimp. I would never.

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
Which way did you eat them?

The only way that I eat grits is for breakfast with cheese and sugar in it. It tastes great. It kind of reminds me of cream of wheat, but thicker and better.

Some people eat theirs with salt and shrimp. I would never.
Mainly for breakfast. I've tried it with sugar, tried it with butter. No dice.

I've tried other versions too but I still wasn't convinced :yeshrug: