Your Top 10 Games This Gen

Dorian Breh

Veteran
Daps
did you ever play past chapter 3?
I’m still on that Grays vs Braithwaites storyline. It’s not even the story I dislike, it’s the forced riding around. The fast travel system in this game is awful, should’ve been one click on the map to fast travel. For that reason alone I find this game unplayable. Only reason I’m still continuing is because I want my money’s worth.

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I’m still on that Grays vs Braithwaites storyline. It’s not even the story I dislike, it’s the forced riding around. The fast travel system in this game is awful, should’ve been one click on the map to fast travel. For that reason alone I find this game unplayable. Only reason I’m still continuing is because I want my money’s worth.

granted if you don’t like certain mechanics in the game then those problems will always exist

but there’s a chance at least you’ll become more emotionally invested in the game once you complete ch. 3 ...enough so that you might become more tolerant of the mechanics

but ya there were several times prior to that when I wanted to abandon the game...coincidentally I bought the ultimate edition as well...ended up loving the game tho...definitely top 5 of this gen for me

Dorian Breh

Veteran
Daps
granted if you don’t like certain mechanics in the game then those problems will always exist

but there’s a chance at least you’ll become more emotionally invested in the game once you complete ch. 3 ...enough so that you might become more tolerant of the mechanics

but ya there were several times prior to that when I wanted to abandon the game...coincidentally I bought the ultimate edition as well...ended up loving the game tho...definitely top 5 of this gen for me
The map is simply too big to not have a simple fast travel mechanism in place. To add to that, you can’t even ride your horse at full speed for long stretches or build any sort of momentum since every little rock in your path can send you flying and kill your horse. Very annoying.

HiiiPower

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Witcher 3
Breath of the Wild
Horizon Zero Dawn
Spider-Man
Bloodborne
Super Mario Odyssey
Resident Evil 7
Resident Evil 2 Remake
Dragon Quest 11
Super Smash Bros Ultimate

My opinion may change after I play Last of Us 2, Ghost of Tsushima, FF7 Remake, and Paper Mario which I got earlier this week as birthday presents from my wife and parents.

that’s a lot of greatness given at one time, enjoy

Pseudo

All Star
Daps
1) Kentucky Route Zero - My favorite story in all of gaming. Might have been the GOAT if the final chapter lived up to my unreasonable expectations. Excellent dialogue and phenomenal presentation from start to finish. It's a point and click adventure game so don't expect much player interaction BUT they make up for it with the clever ways they tell the story. They always managed to shake shyt up and blow my mind

2) Bloodborne - Action RPG

3) Persona 5 - JRPG

4) Celeste - Platformer

5) Dark Souls 3 - Action RPG

6) Baba is You - Logic Puzzle

7) Inside - Cinematic Platformer

8) Soma - Exploration Game(Walking Simulator)

9) Into the Breach - Turn-based Tactical RPG

10) Yakuza 0 - Open World

The top 6 are classics. Still got a couple games coming (RDR2 and Sekiro) and need to finish Hollow Knight and Obra Dinn but so far these are the games that have impressed me this gen.

:yeshrug:

Last edited:

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
1) Kentucky Route Zero - My favorite story in all of gaming. Might have been the GOAT if the final chapter lived up to my unreasonable expectations. Excellent dialogue and phenomenal presentation from start to finish. It's a point and click adventure game so don't expect much player interaction BUT they make up for it with the clever ways they tell the story. They always managed to shake shyt up and blow my mind

absolutely never heard of this game but I’m intrigued off the description...looks to be an indie game and it’s gotten the best user reviews on the switch so I’ll cop it for that...thanks

7) Inside - Cinematic Platformer

I really liked ‘inside’ but it was just too brief an experience to fully resonate with me

FatherSimp

Enough white hoes to last me thru ATL
Daps
Crusader Kings 2
Stellaris
Witcher 3
God Of War
Spiderman
Outer Worlds
Assassin Creed Odyssey
Borderlands 3
Horizon Zero Dawn
Mass Effect Andromeda

Man if Cyberpunk delivers and I finish Ghost couple games getting dropped :mjcry::wow:

HiiiPower

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Crusader Kings 2
Stellaris
Witcher 3
God Of War
Spiderman
Outer Worlds
Assassin Creed Odyssey
Borderlands 3
Horizon Zero Dawn
Mass Effect Andromeda

Man if Cyberpunk delivers and I finish Ghost couple games getting dropped :mjcry::wow:
Outer Worlds was really underrated, it literally fell off the map a month after it dropped and I haven’t heard from it up until the DLC announcement, the sequel is gonna be great

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
In no order

TLOU PT.2
FFVII Remake
Persona 5(Royal)
Uncharted 4
God of War
Spider-Man
Smash Bros Ultimate
Resident Evil 2 Remake
Super Mario Odyssey
Assassin's Creed Origins

FatherSimp

Enough white hoes to last me thru ATL
Daps
Outer Worlds was really underrated, it literally fell off the map a month after it dropped and I haven’t heard from it up until the DLC announcement, the sequel is gonna be great

Was it. I can't wait for the DLC and sequel