Your first RPG?

Spliff

Godzilla got busy.
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
Super Mario RPG.

Pokemon 96

But to be honest I never cared for RPGs as a kid but later became a fan as I got older

When ur a kid ur not trying to be strategic and play turn based style stuff

U just wanna shoot shyt up and see action

You Japanese? :skip:

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
1-ultima_3_35_bulldozer_exterior.png

Ultima_1_box.jpg

First RPG I ever played I was maybe 8 or 9 on my moms Apple computer. It wasn't even in color. But it felt like an epic adventure even though if you play it now it only maxes out at level 20 and you have to do a space mission to beat the game which was kind of crazy and ahead of its time.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Starting with the peak of rpg excellence has to leave a void :wow:

To this DAY i still remember the first time playing chrono trigger being blown the fukk away. Like, yall don’t even understand the level of awe i was in teh first time i saw that game. Everytime i went to toys r us i looked at the price of it just for the hell of it (it was hard as hell to get at blockbuster) and i remember that shyt being like 80 dollars or some wild shyt like that. It was never gonna happen for me. I didn’t beat it until i got my first pc (Compaq) and played it on an emulator.

NoMayo15

All Star
Daps
To this DAY i still remember the first time playing chrono trigger being blown the fukk away. Like, yall don’t even understand the level of awe i was in teh first time i saw that game. Everytime i went to toys r us i looked at the price of it just for the hell of it (it was hard as hell to get at blockbuster) and i remember that shyt being like 80 dollars or some wild shyt like that. It was never gonna happen for me. I didn’t beat it until i got my first pc (Compaq) and played it on an emulator.

Breh, same. I only played the main line Final Fantasy games as a kid, starting with 7. It wasn't until I was much older that I discovered I had missed out on a lot. Probably wouldn't have ever played games in the Chrono series, Tactics Ogre, or Vagrant Story had it not been for emulators.

Zebruh

The Illustrious
Supporter
Daps
Earliest I can remember is Super Mario RPG, followed by Pokemon Blue.

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
same but final fantasy 7 if we can’t count the legend of zelda

game looks INCREDIBLE...combat is underwhelming tho...I’ll keep pushing and see if it grows on me

shyt looks stunning and I’m curious about the story...most RPGs just aren’t for me tho

I think this game has low key left it’s mark on me...same thing happened with fallen order...played it for a bit and “didn’t like it” but couldn’t stop thinking about the game

Dr. Acula

Hail Hydra
Supporter
Daps
Technically it's the OG Zelda

But Shining Force II for Genesis is my most memorable
This was my first RPG as well :ohhh: Loved that game as a kid.

I had Sega Channel and I remember that was one of the games on there and was my first exposure to RPGs. shyt got me hooked.