Gifted with women
Can beat life out of other men

-Intelligence
-Physical power
-Emotional stability
-Self-respect
-Courage
-Passion/determination

If a man has all of these qualities, then society at large will consider him an alpha male.

Following most requirements for "alpha males", these attributes do not determine an alpha. A leader commands an army. Look at the mobsters for example...a lot of those guys were :flabbynsick:, but wanna know why people feared them? They had the $$$$ to hire muscle to do their dirty work. You could be an MMA champion status fighter with no fear, be rich, and be male model handsome but how's that going to cause....say a bunch of guys with guns ready to kidnap you and hold you for randsom hypothetically...respect or fear that?

Mr. Pink

All Star
Daps
On the real though, that term is frivolously used. True 'alpha males' are very few and very far in between. Napoleon Bonaparte was an alpha male. Julius Caesar was an alpha male. Jimmy Hoffa was an alpha male. In short, exceptional males are alpha males.
Average guys may have some alpha characteristics or may emulate them to one degree or another but let's be realistic... this macho play my own rules attitude only goes so far. It's not the mark of a true alpha. A true alpha leaves his mark on everyone and everyhing that he touches, on history itself.

Mountain

All Star
Daps
Reppin
more money
How'd that work out for Dominique Strauss-Kahn? power, wealth and influence are very different and very criss-crossed.

I disagree, they correlate highly with each other, but of course there relationship is not perfect. As far as your Dominique Strauss reference, I understand that he abdicated his position, but what's your point?

Obama has a lot of power but many people eclipse his wealth. The owner of the Washington Post has a lot of influence but random Erin Brokovich types can channel more influence sometimes. It's very ambiguous.

As far as government and publicist figures are concerned, you're smart enough to know that many such figures have been manipulated by the influence of large corporate shareholders (or their financial pull; to be more specific) countless times in the past.

Ultimately, if a decision provides the highest monetary benefit, the decision will most probably be made. That's the reason private organisations, state organisation, and even noble causes such as profit free charity organisations are all exposed to risks of high corruption.

Money is perhaps the most powerful incentive in the world, there is no ambiguity in that regards, the latter sentence been echoed and proven since the times of barter and trade.

So again, those that control the most current assets are the most dominant because they ultimately yield the most influence and power.

Another Man

Trappin w/ Benzino
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Red Roof Inn
I disagree, they correlate highly with each other, but of course there relationship is not perfect. As far as your Dominique Strauss reference, I understand that he abdicated his position, but what's your point?

As far as government and publicist figures are concerned, you're smart enough to know that many such figures have been manipulated by the influence of large corporate shareholders (or their financial pull; to be more specific) countless times in the past.

Ultimately, if a decision provides the highest monetary benefit, the decision will most probably be made. That's the reason private organisations, state organisation, and even noble causes such as profit free charity organisations are all exposed to risks of high corruption.

Money is perhaps the most powerful incentive in the world, there is no ambiguity in that regards, the latter sentence been echoed and proven since the times of barter and trade.

So again, those that control the most current assets are the most dominant because they ultimately yield the most influence and power.

Here's the thing though....you can't base a creature being an "alpha" on currency. Animals don't have a currency/bartering system, they just survive, and alphas are born so. If the currency system/society as we know it were to fall apart, I honestly think that would be the absolute way of determining an alpha because it's pretty much every man for himself to survive by any means...just like animals. The true alphas are the ones who would be able to amass groups of people and lead them to survival IMO. You think someone like Bill Gates is going to last long if something like this were to happen? :usure: Money and power is simply too ambiguous and fickle to base that on...because either of those things can fleet in a second for any given reason, especially if the money goes.

TYBG

Ditty Dum Ditty Doo
Supporter
Daps
An alpha male is an extremely confident individual (maybe even a little arrogant). This overlaps and transcends to other qualities. Throw that person into any situation and he'll succeed or die trying. His stance doesn't change...still confident:yeshrug:

Personally, I think it has a lot do do w/ DNA and a little with environment.

zerozero

Superstar
Daps

An alpha chimp could rape whoever and get away with it; DSK got in trouble fukking a maid

I think active power is an extremely complex thing and reducing it to wealth is a mistake. But even then it's just a completely broken analogy in my view. People are using behavioral examination of certain types of animals and then trying to analogize the term alpha to humans rather than organically coming up with understandings of human behaviors. Scientists, for example, don't use the term alpha male for humans. It's a pop culture term.

Mountain

All Star
Daps
Reppin
more money
Here's the thing though....you can't base a creature being an "alpha" on currency. Animals don't have a currency/bartering system, they just survive, and alphas are born so. If the currency system/society as we know it were to fall apart, I honestly think that would be the absolute way of determining an alpha because it's pretty much every man for himself to survive by any means...just like animals. The true alphas are the ones who would be able to amass groups of people and lead them to survival IMO. You think someone like Bill Gates is going to last long if something like this were to happen? :usure: Money and power is simply too ambiguous and fickle to base that on...because either of those things can fleet in a second for any given reason, especially if the money goes.

You're right in a sense.

If the world was to fall apart and become every man relying on physical strength to reach the top, Bill Gates and the like would not be considered alpha males, because in that case control and power would be seized through peak physicality and aggressiveness, which i doubt bill gates has.

But as our society is today, in which power/ influence are mostly derived from current assets such as cash, inventories, corporate wealth e.t.c. Bill Gates and the like are the alpha males of society. There is no denying this.

Another Man

Trappin w/ Benzino
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Red Roof Inn
You're right in a sense.

If the world was to fall apart and become every man relying on physical strength to reach the top, Bill Gates and the like would not be considered alpha males, because in that case control and power would be seized through peak physicality and aggressiveness, which i doubt bill gates has.

But as our society is today, in which power/ influence are mostly derived from current assets such as cash, Bill Gates and the like are the alpha males of society. There is no denying this.

It's not even about physical strength alone....yeah, you would need some physical strength, but at the same time, leadership qualities to maintain one's own society/military in an environment like that. You could be steroid strong but you won't be able to take on a group of armed, trained people.

You are right about people being "alphas" in status as far as society's structure as it stands. However, that would kind of contradict the theory of people being born alphas, because some people have amassed wealth due to being born into it, or through smarts/wits along with luck and circumstance. In some cases, they're only leaders because they were put into that seat and people lower in the company pecking order have to, but that would have nothing to do with them being natural leaders.

Scustin Bieburr

Baby baybee baybee UUUGH
Daps
Following most requirements for "alpha males", these attributes do not determine an alpha. A leader commands an army. Look at the mobsters for example...a lot of those guys were :flabbynsick:, but wanna know why people feared them? They had the $$$$ to hire muscle to do their dirty work. You could be an MMA champion status fighter with no fear, be rich, and be male model handsome but how's that going to cause....say a bunch of guys with guns ready to kidnap you and hold you for randsom hypothetically...respect or fear that?

Physical power is representative of good health. Women are attracted to men who look like athletes and men tend to respect men who are as strong or physically stronger than them.

Physical power alone does not make an alpha male, but its an important component. If you're smart as well as physically dominant, nobody is going to try and kidnap you with guns and shyt because they'll already know that you roll with a set that has your back.

You can still be an alpha even if you don't have the physical strength. If you're living in a hunter gatherer society though you can't really afford to be :flabbynsick: if you want to be calling all the shots. The only way you can be :flabbynsick: and call the shots in those societies is if you used to be an alpha male who has won many battles and is very wise in his old age. As an elder, people will respect your advice but that doesn't even really make you an alpha because the alpha male in the group can just ignore your advice.

Brady-Carter

It is what it is..
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TDot
What is an alpha male?.

iAqpIBwtXNpPR.gif

Mountain

All Star
Daps
Reppin
more money
It's not even about physical strength alone....yeah, you would need some physical strength, but at the same time, leadership qualities to maintain one's own society/military in an environment like that. You could be steroid strong but you won't be able to take on a group of armed, trained people.

I know there are other factors involved slim, i was being brief.

You are right about people being "alphas" in status as far as society's structure as it stands. However, that would kind of contradict the theory of people being born alphas, because some people have amassed wealth due to being born into it, or through smarts/wits along with luck and circumstance. In some cases, they're only leaders because they were put into that seat and people lower in the company pecking order have to, but that would have nothing to do with them being natural leaders.

You don't necessarily have to be born anything to be an alpha male. As you've acknowledged, you can become one simply by luck, or by being born into position.

DaChampIsHere

Survive the drought
Daps
Reppin
Great Pyramids of Giza
Word is thrown around way to much on here :whoo: I think it's just some popularized internet lame lingo. No one in the real world drops that unless they are talking about frat or in specialized situations.