Young And Hungry - Dallas Cowboys 2017 Offseason Thread

Trill McClay

*Formerly known as Deeeez Nuts
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Texas

I know it won't happen, but would be dope as hell if we pulled the trigger on it.

Jerruh. Pull the trigger. trade for Myles Garrett :blessed::ohlawd:

Jerruh needa send Ugly Baby to recruit him if u know what im sayin :sas2:

:whoa: He overhyped.

He dont get off blocks. Don't show up in big games. Had half his sacks "4.5"against UTSA last season :camby:. But hell what i know bout that Texas boy
I'm perfectly ok, admitting I was wrong. Jerry don't do it. I live in Texas so I was fortunate to see nany of the areas games. I don't remember watching this game, but I'm glad I went back to see this breakdown. Check out the whole 15 min., its definitely worth it.

:francis:Couple of notes:
  • Yes, it is against Bama, but that's literally the level of play he will see in the pros
  • Not impressed by his lack of pass rush moves, no elaborate use of the hands; technique composed mainly of his signature bull rush
  • Notice how easy he gives up after he is out of reach for a tackle
  • Also notice how OJ Howard bullied the shyt outta him multiple plays:ehh:
  • Had a few TFLs, mainly coming from Bama using that same inside zone run over and over
  • Lastly notice once the play breaks down he shows ZERO hustle to capitalize

I'll post a breakdown vs a lesser opponent in a few hrs, but honestly this is more than enough for scouts (and us) to run in the opposite direction.

smitty22

Is now part of Thee Alliance. Ill die for this ish
Supporter
Daps
I'm perfectly ok, admitting I was wrong. Jerry don't do it. I live in Texas so I was fortunate to see nany of the areas games. I don't remember watching this game, but I'm glad I went back to see this breakdown. Check out the whole 15 min., its definitely worth it.

:francis:Couple of notes:
  • Yes, it is against Bama, but that's literally the level of play he will see in the pros
  • Not impressed by his lack of pass rush moves, no elaborate use of the hands; technique composed mainly of his signature bull rush
  • Notice how easy he gives up after he is out of reach for a tackle
  • Also notice how OJ Howard bullied the shyt outta him multiple plays:ehh:
  • Had a few TFLs, mainly coming from Bama using that same inside zone run over and over
  • Lastly notice once the play breaks down he shows ZERO hustle to capitalize

I'll post a breakdown vs a lesser opponent in a few hrs, but honestly this is more than enough for scouts (and us) to run in the opposite direction.

:wow:

Would take Barnett from Tennessee over him. Would draft Allen at DT before him as well.

Trill McClay

*Formerly known as Deeeez Nuts
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Texas
Skipped out on posted on another Garrett video, .

Definitely worth the 7 minute watch..

Wow. So a few notes about Barnett:
  • Very impressive speed coming out of the point stance
  • Love the bend technique he uses (similar to how Ware & Freeney used to get around the edge)
  • Use of his hands to disengage blockers is overlooked here but will be key in NFL
  • Shows hussle even when play is out of reach...thus the interception from the deflected pass
  • Uses his reach to his advantage, holding the LT in one place forcing the RB to cut back inside
  • Can do a better job of breaking down before tackle
  • Very aggressive and is very sneaky after the play is over :mjgrin:

Rell84shots

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
This is who I want :wow:

Hes gna be outta reach tho :Sadmjswagboy:

We gotta hope Harris, Takk, or Taco (@smitty22 disapproves :lolbron:) falls to 28
Still raw and he needs surgery, i keep saying CB is a bigger need than DL at the moment. All we have atm is AB and Scandrick as far as CBs go, i believe both Carr & Claiborne are gone. The #1 priority imo is getting Eric Berry from KC and drafting a CB then a DL.

BlueHeffner

Veteran
Daps
Still raw and he needs surgery, i keep saying CB is a bigger need than DL at the moment. All we have atm is AB and Scandrick as far as CBs go, i believe both Carr & Claiborne are gone. The #1 priority imo is getting Eric Berry from KC and drafting a CB then a DL.
You may be right :jbhmmm:

With that said, its time to get some talent on the DL. Tired of these QBs having all day to scan the field. Lawerence has a bad back and Tapper is basically a rookie and needs time to develop. We need to overhaul the Dline the same way we did with the oline, if we want to have a competent defense.

On CZ we did a user mock in which we ended up with Charles Harris in the first and Demarcus Walker in the 2nd. Regardless of whether this is realistic or not, could you imagine how much better our D-line would be :wow:

Spade

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DC/Texas/Chicago
Did you hear Herm Edwards idea of trading Romo to the Bills? He said we would send Romo and flip first round picks. So we would pick 10 and the Bills would pick 28. I'd be down with that move :jbhmm:
Enticing but I feel it's going to take more than that to move up 18 spots into the top 10. Maybe a 2nd has to be involved. Even though we have been terrible with 2nd rounders, I still don't like giving up that potential. But I think I could live with that.

smitty22

Is now part of Thee Alliance. Ill die for this ish
Supporter
Daps
If we stay where we at with our pick and you want a corner. Gareon Conley gonna be there. Size, length, good ball skills.