Young And Hungry - Dallas Cowboys 2017 Offseason Thread

jay211

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I think Jerry is going to draft Joe Mixon if he's there in the 4th round. He's been saying we will probably need to draft a backup RB. Mixon could replace Dunbar.

Primetime21

This my city
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lemongrass, cherries, alkaline water
:dahell:

Cowboys a potential option for Adrian Peterson, DeMarcus Ware

When Vikings running back Adrian Peterson was asked last month to name teams he would consider joining to finish his career if he leaves Minnesota, he mentioned the Texans, Buccaneers and Giants.

But there is a belief in league circles that the Dallas Cowboys could also be in play for the potential free agent, according to league sources.

One league source said that if the Vikings and Peterson could not agree on a restructured contract, the Cowboys could be an option.

Linebacker DeMarcus Ware also is leaving the door open to play next season in Dallas, where he spent the first nine seasons of his standout career.

Ware, 34, still feels strongly about the Broncos, but Dallas also holds a special place for him. Ware still owns a home in the Dallas area, his two children live there, and it would be a full-circle way to finish a career that has seen Ware voted to nine Pro Bowls and rack up 138.5 sacks.

Ware underwent back surgery a month ago and said Friday he feels "like a new man" and "definitely" wants to return to the field next season.

Weaver31

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Va
:scust:A.D.
:scust:Ware

I know I'm in the minority, but I don't want either of these brehs.
Definitely not AP...especially with the cost of that. We good on RB (Zeke/Run DMC) but we could get a cheap FA or draft someone who is a diamond in the rough. We need to focus WAY more on D and maybe decide if we need to upgrade #2 receiver or keep T. Will/Butler.

Codeine Bryant

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW
I'd take Ware if he was cheap.

Solid situational vet on the team. Maybe he could teach Irving, Lawrence, Tapper, and whoever we draft some things.

Ultimately, team is going to have very little cap room. Too many big contracts on the team. And we haven't even resigned Martin yet. Our hope is on Dak and Zeke developing, Jaylon panning into a top 15 LB, and draft class.

If we hit on a couple defensive picks like Atlanta did this past draft (past 2 drafts, even), I think we got a good shot at playing in the SB.

El Bombi

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Could this be our backfield next year? :dwillhuh:

1480656054-9716836-727x485.jpg