Young And Hungry - Dallas Cowboys 2017 Offseason Thread

Trill McClay

*Formerly known as Deeeez Nuts
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Texas
Romo was seen at one of Trumps hotels near the site of the inauguration.

Its not confirmed if he's there for the inauguration or not.

But it does have me wondering..

:mjpls:

Spade

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DC/Texas/Chicago

I dont wany any of these nikkas back :birdman:

Except maybe TWill :ld:

The problem is that we can't just cut people to cut them or let them go for the sake of letting them go. We need to find a replacement for them all and I don't think the cap will allow that. Especially considering that a good bit of the cap this offseason is going to the resigning of Zack martin.

BigE214

Future GOAT
Daps
Reppin
Groveside, TX

If I'm saying Brice can go, he should be gone.

I'm not even concerned with the draft. I wanna see what we do in free agency. Is Leary gone? What we gonna do with our secondary? Are there any other LBs worth looking at out there?

La'El gonna plug for Free or Leary? What are we gonna do at TE2. I think this Witten should take a lesser role in the offense this year.

BlueHeffner

Veteran
Daps
The problem is that we can't just cut people to cut them or let them go for the sake of letting them go. We need to find a replacement for them all and I don't think the cap will allow that. Especially considering that a good bit of the cap this offseason is going to the resigning of Zack martin.
I hear u Spade.

Its nor realistic for all of them to go, but they should keep only 1 at each position.

Keep Claiborne, let Carr go

Keep Wilcox, let Church go (cant believe im saying keep Wilcox)

Keep Twill, let Butler go
If I'm saying Brice can go, he should be gone.

I'm not even concerned with the draft. I wanna see what we do in free agency. Is Leary gone? What we gonna do with our secondary? Are there any other LBs worth looking at out there?

La'El gonna plug for Free or Leary? What are we gonna do at TE2. I think this Witten should take a lesser role in the offense this year.
we need to let Leary Go. We will have too much money tied up in the OL. Let Lael go back to guard and start Green at RT. Let Free be the swing tackle and draft another RT in the mid rounds to develop.

For TE2, I want OJ Howard :yeshrug:
Witten is starting to become real :flabbynsick:

:ld:

Spade

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DC/Texas/Chicago
I hear u Spade.

Its nor realistic for all of them to go, but they should keep only 1 at each position.

Keep Claiborne, let Carr go

Keep Wilcox, let Church go (cant believe im saying keep Wilcox)

Keep Twill, let Butler go

we need to let Leary Go. We will have too much money tied up in the OL. Let Lael go back to guard and start Green at RT. Let Free be the swing tackle and draft another RT in the mid rounds to develop.

For TE2, I want OJ Howard :yeshrug:
Witten is starting to become real :flabbynsick:

:ld:
It will be hard but I think Clai stays as well. Carr is more reliable as he actually plays but Clai is a better corner.
The Wilcox and Church thing is debatable. I can certainly understand an argument for either one. Wilcox did indeed have a much better 2016 than 2015.
Butler is gone IMO. Twill can stay but we could still draft a receiver and have him as a number 3 because I doubt Dallas pays him as a 2 receiver.
Agree with you on oline. Would love to keep Leary but he will demand to much.
If OJ Howard is drafted at 28 and he's the BPA. I will be extremely happy with that pick.

Codeine Bryant

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW
Leary is gone. Front office is dead set on Collins being the LG.

Leary would cost too much AND we would get a solid compensatory pick for him (probably 5th rounder unless somebody pays him in excess of $30mil in which cause it could get bumped up to 4th rounder).

That being said, Leary is definitely better than Collins.

I don't care which WR we bring back, just as long as they're cheap. TWill or Bryce, keep whoever costs the least.

We got big contracts (Tyrone Crawford, Tyron Smith, Travis Frederick, Jason Witten, Dez Bryant), Romo cap hit, and impending $50mil or so Zack Martin deal. We can't afford to really invest in a WR2. And we shouldn't need to. Dez, Beasley, Witten, OLine and Zeke is enough. If the coaching staff wasn't stupid, we wouldn't even be bytching about TWill or Bryce drops because we shouldn't be relying on them in the first place. Just the occasional open throw because of the attention drawn by the REAL offensive weapons, which we have plenty of.

OJ Howard is cool, but I just want defense.

Weaver31

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Va

I thought Carr was retiring...I hope.

I like Wilcox's hard hitting but his coverage is lackluster. We need to make more changes on D, both front 7 and secondary but pass rush is the most important. I was actually jealous seeing how Falcons were pressuring ARod and I only know of Vic Beasley and I think the rest are no names.

DaPresident

Miami Hurricanes football fan...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Miami Hurricanes,Dallas Cowboys, St. John's, DMV
Leary is gone. Front office is dead set on Collins being the LG.

Leary would cost too much AND we would get a solid compensatory pick for him (probably 5th rounder unless somebody pays him in excess of $30mil in which cause it could get bumped up to 4th rounder).

That being said, Leary is definitely better than Collins.

I don't care which WR we bring back, just as long as they're cheap. TWill or Bryce, keep whoever costs the least.

We got big contracts (Tyrone Crawford, Tyron Smith, Travis Frederick, Jason Witten, Dez Bryant), Romo cap hit, and impending $50mil or so Zack Martin deal. We can't afford to really invest in a WR2. And we shouldn't need to. Dez, Beasley, Witten, OLine and Zeke is enough. If the coaching staff wasn't stupid, we wouldn't even be bytching about TWill or Bryce drops because we shouldn't be relying on them in the first place. Just the occasional open throw because of the attention drawn by the REAL offensive weapons, which we have plenty of.

OJ Howard is cool, but I just want defense.

I heard the other day on Cowboys Break I think it was, that we wouldn't have any compensatory picks. Maybe I didn't hear right or maybe I'm just tripping. I thought we didn't have any for 2017

Everything else I agree with tho. Def don't need a big contract number 2 WR. Spend that money on the defense if you ask me. That should be the primary focus, though we shouldn't force it. I agree with what Derek and Brian said on the show. Don't force a defensive pick. Pick BPA and work with that. Spend your FA resources there. Hopefully BPA is defense tho. You cause a lot of damage when you force yourself into a box on draftday.