You wake up in the Sahara desert alone... what's your next move?

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
You have to frame your answer within the context of the provided scenario. If you have opps that are willing to capture you and fly you to the Sahara just to leave you there to die, there are several things you have to take into account:

1. Lets put you in NY and say they aim to drop you in/near Algeria or a more disadvantageous position. That's very likely well over a days worth of travel, maybe even closer to two. They aren't providing you any sustenance in that entire time, water included. You're already dehydrated and starved when they dump you off.

2. They're not leaving you within walking distance of any sort of shelter/civilization/water sources or populated routes.

3. Whatever damage they did to you prior would leave you at an even greater disadvantage, ie. beating/drugging

You were purposefully placed in a death trap, severely impaired and unequipped. You didn't just wander and get lost.

Barring a flyover miracle, it's curtains. :francis:
Well damn then what you're saying is basically they killed you without pulling the trigger.

Like putting you in a Lion's den or something.

That being said when James Bond or Macgyver or whoever figues a way out of a deadly trap it's cap but people survive ïmpossible odds" all the time.

Again there's "roads". all over the Sahara, in fact they are the link between Egypt and west Africa. The Africans on the coast depended on salt and they traded salt for gold. Needless to say if you needed salt then you need water so there must be enough water to sustain Saharans because they drink Tea and coffee and eat salt too.

So it's just as likely that the place that they dropped you is an oasis or has a hidden well under it and people know about it. shyt is more like I-95 than you think.

If you're trying to make an impossible to escape or survive situation just say what if "the Opps" managed to highjack a rocket and send you to orbit with no spacesuit? In that case there's no chance for survival and to what if it would be moot?

Same way if "The opps" took you up 25 thousand feet and threw you out the plane with no warm clothes no altimeter no oxygen and No parachute yeah you'd freeze to death right before you suffocated due to lack of oxygen and be dead way before your carcass hit the ground and exploded.

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
Immediately cover my head with my clothes and take a nap. Wait until night time and start moving south. I can tell east and west from the sun's position in the sky so i can deduce south from there.

You dont know how far into the sahara you are so walking east or west is a dud. Also going north is iffy, cause i known them arabs still do slavery up there and would gladly put you in a cage if they find your black azz in the desert. God forbid you start you journey in Libya or Sudan....

The typical reality show drinking-of-piss should hold you over for a week. Now its just a matter of praying that you find black people soon on your southward trek.

And those other posters better stop that foolishness about finding animals. Aint gonna find sht in the middle of nowhere except snakes and scorpions. Yall really talking about god being nice and giving yall camels after he let those same folks drop you in the desert:mjlol:
You have the right idea. If you're alive stay alive until you die.

There's a company called SOFLETE that trains dudes trying to make it into Special Forces their motto is DIE LIVING

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
if it's anything like the arizona desert, probably die. i had a cousin die from exposure in less than a day out there. RIP
Damn what was he doing in the desert by himself.

But like I said the cold in the desert can kill you just as fast as the heat. Been there too cold air comes blowing in from the Rocky mountains and no tress to stop it. It gets cold in certain parts of Arizona In the daytime during winter.

JQ Legend

Veteran
Daps
Damn all the info in this thread make it sound way more brutal than I already thought and I was already thinking there’s no choice but to die :picard:

Daps
Damn what was he doing in the desert by himself.

But like I said the cold in the desert can kill you just as fast as the heat. Been there too cold air comes blowing in from the Rocky mountains and no tress to stop it. It gets cold in certain parts of Arizona In the daytime during winter.

yes most people think of the desert or arizona and think "hot", but it's typical seasonal weather. where my mom lives they been having snow in the winter the last couple years.

Buddy

Keep my name out of it
Bushed
Daps
Scan around for any tire tracks. Whether I find any or not, I'm not doin shyt until sunfall. Try to cover myself in sand to reduce sun exposure and position my body in direction of said tire tracks. Cover my face and mouth with my shirt.

Now, once night has fallen, I'm scan again for any light or fires. If I see them, Imma go in that direction. Otherwise, Imma go in the initially planned direction and just hope for the best.