You wake up in the Sahara desert alone... what's your next move?

Software

RIP Future Gohan
Daps
Reppin
Swole Gang
Find water and shelter. If you find a camel you've found both.

It's disgusting but I was on a JCET in Africa and we were taught how locals would drink the fluid out of an animals stomach and how to cut open a dead camel to protect yourself in a sandstorm.
Bro you are underestimating how hot and vast the Sahara desert is. You will die with no water very quickly and its very likely any people or water/food source is many miles away. You'd likely not find a camel AT ALL before you die

Canada Goose

Pooping on your head :umad:
Daps
Reppin
A lake near Tampa FL
My cousin Egyptian Goose lives just south of the sahara desert :leon:

C6d4778.jpg

I'll try and find a way to get in contact with that nikka by calling out loud as hell :damn:

humminbird

Veteran
Daps
All right i read a guide

Keep Your Clothes On :russ:

With the sun bearing down on you it might seem like a good idea to start peeling off clothes, but this could be disastrous. Exposing your skin to the sunlight will lead to sunburn and hasten dehydration. Instead you’ll want to cover as much skin as possible and keep it away from direct heat.

Stay High​

One of the biggest threats in the desert is actually flash flooding. Ditches, arroyos and canyons can fill quickly with water and cover you before you realize what’s happening. Drowning actually kills more people in the desert than dehydration. Keep to high ground and avoid anyplace that could spell doom during a torrential downpour.

Don’t Drink the Cactus​

There has been a myth circulating for decades that you can drink the water from inside a cactus to survive in the desert. In fact, doing so might just kill you faster. The water inside of the average cactus is not pure enough to drink and is actually toxic to the human body. You’re better off not drinking any water at all than resorting to this.

Stop Hunting for Food​

Rather than seek out sustenance in the form of meat or plants, you’re better off staying put and not eating at all. The energy you’d waste hunting is more valuable than the food. The average human being can last three weeks without eating but not nearly as long dehydrated. Keeping water inside your body rather than sweating it out is the better goal for survival.

STAY OFF THE GROUND​

While exhaustion might cause you to want to lie down on the ground, you should actually stay off of it whenever possible. The desert ground can reach upward of 30 degrees hotter than the air temperature, so make yourself a cushion to sit on. If you’re stranded with your car, remove the seats and place them on the ground under shade. Otherwise start unpacking gear and see what’s comfortable enough to make a seat with. You want to try and put at least a foot and half between your butt and the desert floor.

Swirv

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Try to get my bearings and figure which way is North, then proceed South. Hopefully I would hit some water sources on the way.

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
Bro you are underestimating how hot and vast the Sahara desert is. You will die with no water very quickly and its very likely any people or water/food source is many miles away. You'd likely not find a camel AT ALL before you die
I updated the post.

Technically you can use moisture using a sun still but if you have nothing but the clothes on your back you're fukked as you say because of the heat.

That being said obviosly there's plenty of Camels, and goats around What do you think the people who live there eat? Most literally eat Camels and goats and drink their milk.

If you want to get esoteric most people die because they lose hope. People live in the desert it's not impossible to live there. In fact the best scenario is to if you're dressed as a Taureg is to just cut up the clothes to use as a sun shetler find a cave or a rock and hope that a carvan comes along and they give you water in time.

You're right the sun is your biggest enemy. If your already dehydrated (most people are) have heart problems and in the sun you'd be dead in 6 to 10 hours. If it's near nighttime you're die of exposure (cold) not because it is cold but the drastic tempeture difference between day and night is too drastic for most people the temp might drop over 60 degrees. That's why if water is availble people there drink tea or even coffee at night even though that tends to dehydrate you.