You wake up in the Sahara desert alone... what's your next move?

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
If it's daytime - pick a direction and walk until you die.

If it's nighttime - try and find a constellation and trick yourself into believing that walking in that direction will lead you somewhere... and then die.
No get shelter, The day time is way too hot especially if you're not hydrated and acclimatized at night it's too cold.

Best bet is someone will pass by and see you. find a rocky hill might be some water in a crevice and the rock or hill will shield you partially from the sun. Some Traveler or someone searching for a lost Camel or goat will defenite stand on the rock or hill to look for the lost animal and see you.

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
All right i read a guide

Keep Your Clothes On :russ:

With the sun bearing down on you it might seem like a good idea to start peeling off clothes, but this could be disastrous. Exposing your skin to the sunlight will lead to sunburn and hasten dehydration. Instead you’ll want to cover as much skin as possible and keep it away from direct heat.

Stay High​

One of the biggest threats in the desert is actually flash flooding. Ditches, arroyos and canyons can fill quickly with water and cover you before you realize what’s happening. Drowning actually kills more people in the desert than dehydration. Keep to high ground and avoid anyplace that could spell doom during a torrential downpour.

Don’t Drink the Cactus​

There has been a myth circulating for decades that you can drink the water from inside a cactus to survive in the desert. In fact, doing so might just kill you faster. The water inside of the average cactus is not pure enough to drink and is actually toxic to the human body. You’re better off not drinking any water at all than resorting to this.

Stop Hunting for Food​

Rather than seek out sustenance in the form of meat or plants, you’re better off staying put and not eating at all. The energy you’d waste hunting is more valuable than the food. The average human being can last three weeks without eating but not nearly as long dehydrated. Keeping water inside your body rather than sweating it out is the better goal for survival.

STAY OFF THE GROUND​

While exhaustion might cause you to want to lie down on the ground, you should actually stay off of it whenever possible. The desert ground can reach upward of 30 degrees hotter than the air temperature, so make yourself a cushion to sit on. If you’re stranded with your car, remove the seats and place them on the ground under shade. Otherwise start unpacking gear and see what’s comfortable enough to make a seat with. You want to try and put at least a foot and half between your butt and the desert floor.
So basically what I said.

Software

RIP Future Gohan
Daps
Reppin
Swole Gang
I updated the post.

Technically you can use moisture using a sun still but if you have nothing but the clothes on your back you're fukked as you say because of the heat.

That being said obviosly there's plenty of Camels, and goats around What do you think the people who live there eat? Most literally eat Camels and goats and drink their milk.

If you want to get esoteric most people die because they lose hope. People live in the desert it's not impossible to live there. In fact the best scenario is to if you're dressed as a Taureg is to just cut up the clothes to use as a sun shetler find a cave or a rock and hope that a carvan comes along and they give you water in time.

You're right the sun is your biggest enemy. If your already dehydrated (most people are) have heart problems and in the sun you'd be dead in 6 to 10 hours. If it's near nighttime you're die of exposure (cold) not because it is cold but the drastic tempeture difference between day and night is too drastic for most people the temp might drop over 60 degrees. That's why if water is availble people there drink tea or even coffee at night even though that tends to dehydrate you.
Idk man I think you're overestimating the amount of camels and goats there. We talking the middle of the Sahara breh. Ain't shyt there. You might luck into a camel, you might not but I don't think it's likely you will if you're in the middle. Don't the nomadic people of the desert have routes to various oasises for water and they also herd the camels and goats they use? You don't have any of that and don't even know if the direction you're going is to something that can save you or just more desert

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
If there's people there there's water. There's only a couple of unihabitable places on earth and by uninhabitable I mean you can't Live there but you can pass through.

The Sahara is not uninhatibitale. I think there's a place in Libya not might be unihabitable but it's so small that you can possibly walk through it if you have enough water.

There a place called The empty quarter in Southern Saudi Arabia/ Oman

and the Danikil Depression in Ethiopia

if you find yourself there you will absolutely die unless you have a whole support system.

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
Idk man I think you're overestimating the amount of camels and goats there. We talking the middle of the Sahara breh. Ain't shyt there. You might luck into a camel, you might not but I don't think it's likely you will if you're in the middle. Don't the nomadic people of the desert have routes to various oasises for water and they also herd the camels and goats they use? You don't have any of that and don't even know if the direction you're going is to something that can save you or just more desert
There's millions of people in the sahara I should know I have been there.

The reason I was there is because there is a war there

Obviously to fight a whole war ( one that's been off and on for 20 years) there needs to be people there to fight it.

There's whole cities in the sahara.

Of course th people know where the water is you're best bet is depending on them to come and save you.

They will in fukked up situations people have to come together. Frankly you'd be a lot safer in northeaster Afghanistan now than on Cleveland Ave. In the A with a YFN Lucci shirt on.

Software

RIP Future Gohan
Daps
Reppin
Swole Gang
There's millions of people in the sahara I should know I have been there.

The reason I was there is because there is a war there

Obviously to fight a whole war ( one that's been off and on for 20 years) there needs to be people there to fight it.

There's whole cities in the sahara.

Of course th people know where the water is you're best bet is depending on them to come and save you.

They will in fukked up situations people have to come together. Frankly you'd be a lot safer in northeaster Afghanistan now than on Cleveland Ave. In the A with a YFN Lucci shirt on.
Yeah but really it depends where you are. Millions n the Sahara isn't a lot when it spans the size of the United States. There are areas of no population density for miles. It's just a luck of the draw where you end up. Watch the video with this guy below he survived the desert but he also had water, protective clothing, and was in amazing shape and barely survived by the skin of his neck

Last edited:

MichaelYoungHistory

Pro
Supporter
Daps
No get shelter, The day time is way too hot especially if you're not hydrated and acclimatized at night it's too cold.

Best bet is someone will pass by and see you. find a rocky hill might be some water in a crevice and the rock or hill will shield you partially from the sun. Some Traveler or someone searching for a lost Camel or goat will defenite stand on the rock or hill to look for the lost animal and see you.

You have to frame your answer within the context of the provided scenario. If you have opps that are willing to capture you and fly you to the Sahara just to leave you there to die, there are several things you have to take into account:

1. Lets put you in NY and say they aim to drop you in/near Algeria or a more disadvantageous position. That's very likely well over a days worth of travel, maybe even closer to two. They aren't providing you any sustenance in that entire time, water included. You're already dehydrated and starved when they dump you off.

2. They're not leaving you within walking distance of any sort of shelter/civilization/water sources or populated routes.

3. Whatever damage they did to you prior would leave you at an even greater disadvantage, ie. beating/drugging

You were purposefully placed in a death trap, severely impaired and unequipped. You didn't just wander and get lost.

Barring a flyover miracle, it's curtains. :francis:

CopiousX

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Your opps get the drop on you, knock you out, put you on a plane and leave your unconscious body in the desert.

You wake up alone, and in all 4 directions, the only thing you see is desert. You don't have a phone, a hat, shoes, or water.

What you doing next?

Sahara-Morocco.jpg

wave-pattern-desert-landscape--oman-886145780-5c45542046e0fb00012ebabf.jpg

I ain't even gon hold y'all, I would start hyperventilating and panicking. I would have no sense of direction, where I am, and the thought of not having no water would make me break me down.

I probably wouldn't make it.
Immediately cover my head with my clothes and take a nap. Wait until night time and start moving south. I can tell east and west from the sun's position in the sky so i can deduce south from there.

You dont know how far into the sahara you are so walking east or west is a dud. Also going north is iffy, cause i known them arabs still do slavery up there and would gladly put you in a cage if they find your black azz in the desert. God forbid you start you journey in Libya or Sudan....

The typical reality show drinking-of-piss should hold you over for a week. Now its just a matter of praying that you find black people soon on your southward trek.

And those other posters better stop that foolishness about finding animals. Aint gonna find sht in the middle of nowhere except snakes and scorpions. Yall really talking about god being nice and giving yall camels after he let those same folks drop you in the desert:mjlol:

Last edited:

NotAnFBIagent

[redacted]
Daps
All right i read a guide

Keep Your Clothes On :russ:

With the sun bearing down on you it might seem like a good idea to start peeling off clothes, but this could be disastrous. Exposing your skin to the sunlight will lead to sunburn and hasten dehydration. Instead you’ll want to cover as much skin as possible and keep it away from direct heat.

Stay High​

One of the biggest threats in the desert is actually flash flooding. Ditches, arroyos and canyons can fill quickly with water and cover you before you realize what’s happening. Drowning actually kills more people in the desert than dehydration. Keep to high ground and avoid anyplace that could spell doom during a torrential downpour.

Don’t Drink the Cactus​

There has been a myth circulating for decades that you can drink the water from inside a cactus to survive in the desert. In fact, doing so might just kill you faster. The water inside of the average cactus is not pure enough to drink and is actually toxic to the human body. You’re better off not drinking any water at all than resorting to this.

Stop Hunting for Food​

Rather than seek out sustenance in the form of meat or plants, you’re better off staying put and not eating at all. The energy you’d waste hunting is more valuable than the food. The average human being can last three weeks without eating but not nearly as long dehydrated. Keeping water inside your body rather than sweating it out is the better goal for survival.

STAY OFF THE GROUND​

While exhaustion might cause you to want to lie down on the ground, you should actually stay off of it whenever possible. The desert ground can reach upward of 30 degrees hotter than the air temperature, so make yourself a cushion to sit on. If you’re stranded with your car, remove the seats and place them on the ground under shade. Otherwise start unpacking gear and see what’s comfortable enough to make a seat with. You want to try and put at least a foot and half between your butt and the desert floor.

So all this to prolong your inevitable death :skip: