You remember when cac's lost their mind when GTA: San Andreas was announced?

You remember?

• I remember.

Votes: 81 75.0%
  • Nope! :lupe:

Votes: 27 25.0%

• Total voters

parallax

Superstar
Daps
I was heavy on GameFAQS and nerd forums when SA came out.

CRACKERS WERE FURIOUS.

oh yeah they were. tried to use any excuse to rationalize that hate too

as expected, turned out to be a bunch of hypocrites too

NHuvSRL.jpg

Killer Instinct

To live in hearts we leave behind is to never die.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO
White people showed their asses as a collective when it was revealed CJ was a black male. :mjlol: I was a kid on Gamefaqs/Gamespot following every preview and lurking the message board. I'll never forget the vitriol and unbridled anger these people displayed. It was as if a switch was hit. It wasn't just the middle aged males but the white women and children, too. These fukkers turned into absolute monsters and it was surreal to me at the time because as a kid that was comfortably upper middle class and not even 13 yet, I had been largely sheltered from experiencing how sick and mentally disturbed many Caucasians could get when a black face infiltrated mainstream media as a protagonist. It was my first run in with unbridled racism on the net and unsurprisingly, much hasn't changed today. I used to see the whole "inherently" thing as hyperbolic comedy but it's clear -- whether or not some want to admit it -- that there's something very wrong with a huge number of Caucasians when the topic of "black" arises. This type of visceral response is seemingly imprinted on a genetic level.

Last edited:

RhymesWell

All Star
Daps
White people showed their asses as a collective when it was revealed CJ was a black male. :mjlol: I was a kid on Gamefaqs/Gamespot following every preview and lurking the message board. I'll never forget the vitriol and unbridled anger these people displayed. It was as if a switch was hit. It wasn't just the middle aged males but the white women and children, too. These fukkers turned into absolute monsters and it was surreal to me at the time because as a kid that was comfortably upper middle class and not even 13 yet, I had been largely sheltered from experiencing how sick and mentally disturbed many Caucasians could get when a black face infiltrated mainstream media as a protagonist. It was my first run in with unbridled racism on the net and unsurprisingly, much hasn't changed today. I used to see the whole "inherently" thing as hyperbolic comedy but it's clear -- whether or not some want to admit it -- that there's something very wrong with a huge number of Caucasians when the topic of "black" arises. This type of visceral response is seemingly imprinted on a genetic level.

I know exactly what you mean about discovering racism online. I wasn't exactly middle class but I'm in south FL so it's a melting pot of different types of people so I didn't realize just how sick some of them are until I went online where they thought it was safe to spew the hate freely.

FlimFlam

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Still haven't fully sat down and immersed myself in this game...I've played it, but i had wack ass Xbox...vice city came to Xbox, not sure if this did.

Growing up, white people were never even a topic of discussion outside of rare fleeting comments or talking about cops. I wasnt around them. Took me 25 yrs of age to find out what "ginger" meant lmao. Edit, and it took me a few more yrs to catch that white ppl dont like that shyt:mjlol::mjlol:. Its fly on bytches to me

Last edited:

AnotherRoute

Just another post by
Daps
Reppin
BR..O..OK...LYN
On gamefaqs. I remember people went ballistic one of the first mods they had was a white skin and Tommy Vecetti(sp?) . Because people didn’t want to play as black main character and it turned out to be one of the greatest games of all time smh