You Praise De La Soul 3ft High and Rising but Not Kendricks TPAB

Kyle C. Barker

Migos VERZUZ Mahalia Jackson
Daps
the difference is, tape exchange and bootlegs only reached the people getting them. If you went to the store to pick up a bootleg, only you and a group of your friends maybe heard it. Even if you played it at a party. It didn't reach MILLIONS in one day. Now, if an album drops on a tuesday morning online, by tuesday night 10s of millions of people across the world have heard it within hours. And you're comparing tape exchange hand to hand to this?

Bruh, I didn't even have a CD player when illmatic dropped. My parents were working poor and weren't about blow extra money for that.:mjlol:

Thankfully 92Q played so many cuts from that album I was able to dub record itoff the radio after about 12 weeks. To get the full album I had to wait for a friend to make a copy for me 3 months. And this guy wants to talk about music spreading at the same pace?!?! :dwillhuh:

Granted I was in middle school at the time but middle schoolers today can get the whole album the day it drops free of charge.

Waterproof

Warrior Lifestyle
Daps
the fukk it was in every area in the US. I know in my state it wasn't and a lot of southern states. Hip hop music was still a new thing. I can't speak for NY because I'm sure it was on the radio every night there, but NY is 1 state out of 50. I know it wasnt on every night in my state and I'm sure it wasn't on every night in Kentucky or Alabama as well in 88.

There was syndicated hip hop shows from L.A., New York, that alot of southern stations picked up in major cities in Texas, Atlanta and Flordia. Remember 2 Live Crew, Ghetto Boys, MC Shy D was making records in 88, I'm sure they had hip hop mixtape radio shows at night just like we had

Waterproof

Warrior Lifestyle
Daps
Bruh, I didn't even have a CD player when illmatic dropped. My parents were working poor and weren't about blow extra money for that.:mjlol:

Thankfully 92Q played so many cuts from that album I was able to dub record itoff the radio after about 12 weeks. To get the full album I had to wait for a friend to make a copy for me 3 months. And this guy wants to talk about music spreading at the same pace?!?! :dwillhuh:

Granted I was in middle school at the time but middle schoolers today can get the whole album the day it drops free of charge.

nikka where In the fukk I said music was spread at the same pace, nikka if you going to quote me then quote me right and don't put words in my mouth, there's a reason we say kids stay the fukk outta grown folks Bussiness because of bullshyt like you doing. Now carry yo ass to sleep

Tommy Gibbs

All Star
Daps
There was syndicated hip hop shows from L.A., New York, that alot of southern stations picked up in major cities in Texas, Atlanta and Flordia. Remember 2 Live Crew, Ghetto Boys, MC Shy D was making records in 88, I'm sure they had hip hop mixtape radio shows at night just like we had
we had hip hop shows on thursdays and sundays(college station). But not every night. I couldn't turn on the radio and hear 2 or 3 hours of hip hop every night in the 80s. that's bullshyt. NOt in the south

Waterproof

Warrior Lifestyle
Daps
uhhh that's the point we're making dumbazz. Not only at a faster rate, but a MUCH FASTER rate to the point its not even comparable.

See nikka that's why your ass need to shut the fukk up and take the panties out your ass, because we was talking about the organic listenership of getting music and I said the organic listenership is still the same it doesn't matter how you get it, we just getting it faster, music is between the person listening to it and it making a connection

But here comes your ass running up in my thread without your drawls on and jumping into shyt when you don't know what the fukk is going on, all hot to trot

Tommy Gibbs

All Star
Daps

I didn't get a cd player until 91 and still then, I didn't have the funds to buy every hot tape/cd/vinyl 12 inch that was dropping.

Waterproof

Warrior Lifestyle
Daps
we had hip hop shows on thursdays and sundays(college station). But not every night. I couldn't turn on the radio and hear 2 or 3 hours of hip hop every night in the 80s. that's bullshyt. NOt in the south

Okay but you still received the music at a faster rate then hand to hand and didn't change the so called organic listenership. Been saying this shyt all damn night

Waterproof

Warrior Lifestyle
Daps
I didn't get a cd player until 91 and still then, I didn't have the funds to buy every hot tape/cd/vinyl 12 inch that was dropping.

So what I'm old school, I didn't start getting cd's until the early 00's, I stayed with the cassette until the dude in the record store told me to get with the times because they going to stop ordering cassettes.

My first tapes was from cousins, and some were dubbed

Maude

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Midwest
Congratulations on the accomplishment, musicians are a dying breed but that's kind of snobbish of you, you think.

Jimi Hendrix, Thelonius Monk, Prince are all self taught musicians and they are greats

And Prince don't fukk with just anybody or jam with anybody. Prince jammed with Kendrick Lamar at Paisley Park and was supposed to be on TPAB, actually they was recording in the studio together but Prince didn't get in time.

So one of the greatest musician, writer, instrumentalist who plays and master damn near every instrument, that was self trained, who knows musical theory and blues, jazz, rock, soul, funk ect got down with Kendrick Lamar, and Prince don't fukk with everybody.

I think he's not a mediocre artist at all and so does Prince
It's snobbish to think only people with a diverse range of music understand tpab. Sly Stone is the greatest. Prince and Miles would correct you themselves:ufdup:

Waterproof

Warrior Lifestyle
Daps
It's snobbish to think only people with a diverse range of music understand tpab. Sly Stone is the greatest. Prince and Miles would correct you themselves:ufdup:

You Booth nikkas can't read worth, dumb nikka go back to elementary school, reading comprehension skill is a must

Quote me where I said that only people with a diverse range of music understand TPAB

Maude

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Midwest
You Booth nikkas can't read worth, dumb nikka go back to elementary school, reading comprehension skill is a must

Quote me where I said that only people with a diverse range of music understand TPAB
you getting mad emotional for not reason. :umad:

I meant to quote this in my original post too.
Tpab is one of greatest albums of all time. That's a a fact. Greatest album of the decade. Only people who listen to a diverse range of music understand the genius of that album. Also tpab >>>> 3ft high and riding.