You People | Netflix (Discussion Thread)

the elastic

livin' outside of the matrix
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the bay/norcal
Sidenote:

Odd Future gotta be the most overall successful rap group in terms of collective accolades. They got Wu Tang beat by an inch. Even OF's weed carriers getting roles next to Eddie Murphy.

And I'm sure OF has more Grammys as a collective than Wu Tang.

It's between YMCMB, Wu Tang and OF honestly.

klientel

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
It was decent I guess…

I did learn that Lauren London is low key a TRASH actress. I never paid attention to it before now but for some reason in this movie I couldn’t get past it.

50CentStan

Allahu Akbar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Ummah!
I'm at the parents dinner scene. This shyt is terrible. Everything about this is by corny hipster i like black culture cacs for corny hipster i like black culture cacs :gag:

Making a joke out the kufi :pacspit:

Digital Omen

All Star
Daps
A Gen X cac greenlit this on some "love letter to Gen X" shyt and it came off trash AF

Beating us over the head with the 90s references:beli:
Jonah as a romantic lead :mjlol:

Lauren's one-dimensional acting :troll:

Dope was a much better shout out to Gen X movie

We Ready

The Malarkey Cutter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Indiana
When Jonah Hill unironically said "I'm just kidding, you know you're my boo" that was enough for me......I stuck it out until the basketball scene though. That's when I decided I didn't need to finish up.

The Radiant One

Superstar
Daps
saw the movie. Lauren London was fat and didn't look good with her big hips post bbl. It was an okay movie the actors tried and the first half was decent. If you want an okay comedy I would say it is worth a watch.

CM_Burns

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The unsaid half of this movie's premise is that Jonah Hills character looking like he does and generally being a weak person make him a lot harder to accept.