You Know What I Claim: Jets Over Everythang! The Official 2015-16 Jets Thread

NYC Rebel

...on the otherside of the pond
Daps
Offenses have been killing the Jets over rhe middle. Our front 7 is overrated. Our linebackers besides Harris stinks

Marlostanfield.

High On That Ray Charles
Daps
How did they change their game plan? :dwillhuh:

The game was 3-0 jets when the defense took the field. Fitz being the qb isnt going to change what the defense is running.

And what would we have done differently with fitz at qb?:dwillhuh: the majority of passes were short and occasionally wed go deep. It was literally the exact same style weve played on offense,complete with feeding it to marshall as much as possible. The only difference was our running game couldnt do ANYTHING. Was fitz handing the ball off going to change how the o line and ivory performed? Geno literally got more yards then the rest of the team rishing on 1 play. And we threw the ball 48 times in the game.

Besides that 2 of genos sacks came in the 4th quarter down 14 with a handful of minutes left in the game.

I mean, i really dont see how you see it playing out any differently with fitz. We ran the exact same offense.

You honestly can't think they kept the same game plan after Fitz went down. And a defense can change their game plan too if their starting qb goes down. It's like Tom Brady going down, you think offense and defensive game plans going stay the same ? Both offense and defense will turn conservative knowing they can't take those chances they would without starting QB. But Jets did get more aggressive on defense it's like they throwing shyt against the fan to get a stop. Which was unusual but punting with a couple minutes left showed how much faith they had in offense

Then you gotta think how much faith they have in starting QB to run offense to changes plays and protections. You think that be same with back up quarterback ?

When Geno went in they went conservative as fukk than switched it up in 2nd half, wonder how much that to do with the lead.

I know people shyt on Fitz but his ability to change plays avoid sacks and get ball out fast helped tremendously.

Trip

slippery slope
Daps
Reppin
FL
But who's to say the game would of went like that with Fitz ? With Fitz going down they changed their whole game plan on offense and probably defense too. Jets blitzed more than they ever did this past sunday.

The lack of effort on defense comes down to something. We missed 19 tackles.

Also Geno was sacked more than Fitz has ever been this season.

the defense didnt get off the plane...that effort would have taken place regardless of who was under center. I was pretty taken aback by that. The Jones TD was pathetic.

Marlostanfield.

High On That Ray Charles
Daps
the defense didnt get off the plane...that effort would have taken place regardless of who was under center. I was pretty taken aback by that. The Jones TD was pathetic.

I feel you I just know when starting quarterbacks get hurt teams change up their game plans. So I can't say it's a fact the game would of went like that.

Marlostanfield.

High On That Ray Charles
Daps
Sounds like it's a pain management thing with Fitz, he could play this week or next

Geno reminds me too much of Sanchez. Shows you flashes that he could become good than later shows you why he wont.

The mental part of the game is severely lacking for Geno. Only way he can succeed if they make the game simple enough for him.

Hope he proves me wrong

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
You honestly can't think they kept the same game plan after Fitz went down. And a defense can change their game plan too if their starting qb goes down. It's like Tom Brady going down, you think offense and defensive game plans going stay the same ? Both offense and defense will turn conservative knowing they can't take those chances they would without starting QB. But Jets did get more aggressive on defense it's like they throwing shyt against the fan to get a stop. Which was unusual but punting with a couple minutes left showed how much faith they had in offense

Then you gotta think how much faith they have in starting QB to run offense to changes plays and protections. You think that be same with back up quarterback ?

When Geno went in they went conservative as fukk than switched it up in 2nd half, wonder how much that to do with the lead.

I know people shyt on Fitz but his ability to change plays avoid sacks and get ball out fast helped tremendously.
Ryan fitzpatrick going down is not the same as tom brady going down,stop it.

Again the game was 3-0 jets. The jets arent going to suddenly scrap their defensive plan because fitz went down,thats nonsense.

Geno smith was the starting qb until he got hurt,so they must have felt more confidence in him than they did fitz.

Remind me again,how did fitz do against the eagles when we went down big early? We threw out the run,passed way too much....you know the exact same thing we did against the raiders :ohhh:

And what are you talking about conservative :mindblown: did you even watch the game? Soon as geno stepped into the game we started airing it out. Having geno throw 43 times is not conservative :wtf:

Fitz playing wasnt going to help the defense tackle and give not give 3 tds on 3 drives. It would have played out the same,except fitz doesnt have the physical tools to throw 40+ times a game. We probably would have 2 more interceptions instead of sacks.

paidNfull

Live By It, Die By It
Daps
Reppin
LouI$I@n@
i like the Jets, but they have to start creating some pass rush, that secondary been bailing them out...now Cro got exposed teams not afraid of them anymore, they are even trying Revis...but that defense needs to get back to it...Bowles have no sense of urgency

Marlostanfield.

High On That Ray Charles
Daps
Ryan fitzpatrick going down is not the same as tom brady going down,stop it.

Again the game was 3-0 jets. The jets arent going to suddenly scrap their defensive plan because fitz went down,thats nonsense.

Geno smith was the starting qb until he got hurt,so they must have felt more confidence in him than they did fitz.

Remind me again,how did fitz do against the eagles when we went down big early? We threw out the run,passed way too much....you know the exact same thing we did against the raiders :ohhh:

And what are you talking about conservative :mindblown: did you even watch the game? Soon as geno stepped into the game we started airing it out. Having geno throw 43 times is not conservative :wtf:

Fitz playing wasnt going to help the defense tackle and give not give 3 tds on 3 drives. It would have played out the same,except fitz doesnt have the physical tools to throw 40+ times a game. We probably would have 2 more interceptions instead of sacks.

Wasn't comparing at all. Giving an example.

And of course Geno had starting job. Fitz just came off a season ending injury and wasn't even 100 percent yet. And I see you don't understand how complex football is. Offenses plus defenses are complex ass hell. Offenses have hot reads, option routes, changing protections, etc based on what defense is showing pre snap, then after snap shyt can still change. When back up quarterbacks come in they play it safe give him passes that tells him where go with the ball nothing else. If you want go that route where Geno been on roster he should know playbook but then who's to say coaches have faith in him to have free reign with the playbook ? Gailey said it himself if you give Geno clear reads with football he plays bettet. Basically keeping it simple for him to understand.

Y'all forget understand. Gailey and Fitz know each other well and knows what's best for both.

Only when the game got out of reach they opened up the playbook. Of course they had throw the ball that much we was down by so many points.

You're crazy if you think defenses don't change how they play when their starting quarterback goes down. It would be asinine not too.

You're telling me you would run the same the same defense when you have a back up quarterback in ? That's puts more pressure on offense. Cause if you keep playing that same aggressive defense and it isn't working and defense can't stop a nose bleed. How much pressure does that put on offense now. You play it conservative and try keep points off the board. Bowles has been coaching bad lately.

King Crimson

Member of a very exclusive gang
Daps
Reppin
Bk/NY
Geno reminds me too much of Sanchez. Shows you flashes that he could become good than later shows you why he wont.

The mental part of the game is severely lacking for Geno. Only way he can succeed if they make the game simple enough for him.

Hope he proves me wrong
Funny you say that... Weren't you a Sanchez stan? :jbhmm:

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
Wasn't comparing at all. Giving an example.

And of course Geno had starting job. Fitz just came off a season ending injury and wasn't even 100 percent yet. And I see you don't understand how complex football is. Offenses plus defenses are complex ass hell. Offenses have hot reads, option routes, changing protections, etc based on what defense is showing pre snap, then after snap shyt can still change. When back up quarterbacks come in they play it safe give him passes that tells him where go with the ball nothing else. If you want go that route where Geno been on roster he should know playbook but then who's to say coaches have faith in him to have free reign with the playbook ? Gailey said it himself if you give Geno clear reads with football he plays bettet. Basically keeping it simple for him to understand.

Y'all forget understand. Gailey and Fitz know each other well and knows what's best for both.

Only when the game got out of reach they opened up the playbook. Of course they had throw the ball that much we was down by so many points.

You're crazy if you think defenses don't change how they play when their starting quarterback goes down. It would be asinine not too.

You're telling me you would run the same the same defense when you have a back up quarterback in ? That's puts more pressure on offense. Cause if you keep playing that same aggressive defense and it isn't working and defense can't stop a nose bleed. How much pressure does that put on offense now. You play it conservative and try keep points off the board. Bowles has been coaching bad lately.
The game was out of reach after 3 possessions.

Again,why are you avoiding how fitz and thenoffense performed while we went d9wn early and big to the eagles?

The rest of what you wrote was nonsense. Your last paragraph doesnt even make sense.

Marlostanfield.

High On That Ray Charles
Daps
The game was out of reach after 3 possessions.

Again,why are you avoiding how fitz and thenoffense performed while we went d9wn early and big to the eagles?

The rest of what you wrote was nonsense. Your last paragraph doesnt even make sense.

We both know Fitz isn't built to play from behind like that. Then specials team giving up a touchdown and Marshall dumb lateral didn't help when we was gaining momentum.

We both know what Fitz is. I'm just getting the point across that the team had switch from their previous game plans when he went down. If the game was to play out that way yeah of course we would of lost. But knowing football you just can't say yeah even if our starting quarterback didn't get hurt we was go to be blown out regardless. Thats just dumb logic.

That last paragraph made perfect sense. Bowles been coaching stupid lately. Geno came back couple weeks ago and is rusty ass hell so instead of going to into a bend but don't break defense to contain raiders and give us a chance he blitzing like crazy and it isn't working now how much pressure Did that put on offense ? Especially knowing offense has to deviate from gameplan they came in with

And a football game is never out of reach if the coaches can change on the fly unless it's a real true blow out. We had chances small chances but a chance.

Marlostanfield.

High On That Ray Charles
Daps
Funny you say that... Weren't you a Sanchez stan? :jbhmm:

That's my quarterback:to:

I know it's popular opinion give all the credit to defense and none to sanchez. But we won with him. Did he hold offense back ? Yes to people who expected greatness. Sanchez ceiling is a middle tier quarterback. Nothing more.