You Know What I Claim: Jets Over Everythang! The Official 2015-16 Jets Thread

BAMBA

The Menace
Supporter
Daps
Let The Bryce Petty & The Heartbreakers era begin already...

:blessed:

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
Media trolls already out for Geno... Carton called for Geno to be cut :why:

Geno was about the 12th thing that I would look to yesterday. The first would be that the new head coach seems to have no fukking clue on how to manage a game situationally
Yeah,its hilarious and sad. Geno gets everythimg blamed on him for some reason.:mjpls:

Funny enough geno had similar stats to fitz best games this season,yet hes getting blamed.

On jets forums posters were saying the defense quit because geno isnt a leader. :bryan:

Trip

slippery slope
Daps
Reppin
FL
Geno is better then.fitz

Better thower in every aspect

The concerns with Geno still surfaced yesterday. I'll give him a pass as it was his first game- but if there's anything but a pristine pocket he seems to struggle. His mechanics still look all out of wack to me. He's got the windup going on his release(which is slow). Fitz masked things with his quick release. The footwork looked sloppy/choppy as well.

And the two sacks were as boneheaded as you'll see in this league. The fact he did it twice is just wow.

But if the D plays like it did it wont matter who's under center.

RubioTheCruel

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
The concerns with Geno still surfaced yesterday. I'll give him a pass as it was his first game- but if there's anything but a pristine pocket he seems to struggle. His mechanics still look all out of wack to me. He's got the windup going on his release(which is slow). Fitz masked things with his quick release. The footwork looked sloppy/choppy as well.

And the two sacks were as boneheaded as you'll see in this league. The fact he did it twice is just wow.

Geno's worst play was when he scrambled for 15+ yards and lowered his shoulder instead of getting out of bounds. That was just stupid, especially since it was obvious Fitz was badly hurt and could not continue.

NYC Rebel

...on the otherside of the pond
Daps

Footwork was fine. The hell are you talking about? Those sacks aside and getting hit, he was good. I don't see unsound mechanics

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
Footwork was fine. The hell are you talking about? Those sacks aside and getting hit, he was good. I don't see unsound mechanics

I was going to say,thompkins played well for us. Geno looked great after the first few series,started 20/27. The very start he struggled,and the decision/playcall to keep going deep was bad,and desperate which lead to a pick. The 4th quarter he struggled as well. Im wondering if the injuries started affecting his play towards the end. But he has to throw it away. Reminds of marshall,they both get desperate to make a play instead of just accepting whats happening on the field. It was an up and down game and honestly similar to fitzs play all season. But genos ball placement and velocity for the most part was ahead of fitz,thpough he did have a couple bad miss throws. But fitz wouldnt take those dumb sacks.

I hope bowles learns and learns fast though. His management in the last 2 games in the 4th quarter has been downright awful.

Trip

slippery slope
Daps
Reppin
FL

Footwork as in throwing off of his back foot. His windup is concerning to me. And Thompkins needs to play over Smith. Its not even close right now.

NYC Rebel

...on the otherside of the pond
Daps
Footwork as in throwing off of his back foot. His windup is concerning to me. And Thompkins needs to play over Smith. Its not even close right now.
Where was the problem? His windup meant what to the throw?

I'll wait on Smith. But Thompkons looks promising