You Know What I Claim: Jets Over Everythang! The Official 2015-16 Jets Thread

Trip

slippery slope
Daps
Reppin
FL
Apparently he has a shot of coming back this year since he hurt his non throwing hand. I have no idea how he's going to take snaps though he was visibly uncomfortable when he had to come back in for Geno

I'd imagine if he needs surgery that's a few months...hopefully not but we'll see. The ligaments in the hand are tricky.

RubioTheCruel

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
I'd imagine if he needs surgery that's a few months...hopefully not but we'll see. The ligaments in the hand are tricky.

Ryan Fitzpatrick tore thumb ligaments. By video, it appears to be the ulnar collateral ligament (yes there is one in the thumb but it is not called “Tommy John”). The UCL is a main stabilizer of the thumb for grip.

If it were on his throwing hand, his season might be over. Based on my NFL experience, surgery and/or a hand-based custom splint could have Fitzpatrick back in 1-3 weeks. He did re-enter the game for two snaps after Geno Smith was injured. A glove over the splint should give him enough support, protection and grip to take snaps under center and handle the ball.

Monday Morning MD: Did Colts break injury reporting rules? | National Football Post

Sounds like he could only miss a couple weeks depending on surgery/pain threshold

RubioTheCruel

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
For real?

It makes sense. They're not gonna bring anyone in off the street that knows the playbook better than Petty would(I hope).

If Geno can't go on Sunday, Petty probably starts and they sign a guy off the street to back him up. They might suit Fitz or Geno as an emergency guy just in case shyt hits the fan