You Know What I Claim: Jets Over Everythang! The Official 2015-16 Jets Thread

Trip

slippery slope
Daps
Reppin
FL
Last year faced the Patriots twice and lost to them by 1 and 2 points respectively. Geno was our QB last year with no BMarsh and a hobbled Decker.

Do you think Bowles should be on the hot seat for not playing Geno?

godkiller

"We are the Fury"
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Do you think Bowles should be on the hot seat for not playing Geno?

No, but Geno would have been the better choice. I think Bowles just wants a game manager that can control the clock and allow the D to win the game. That's not the way I like to play football but I understand his logic. Ultimately, however, you have to attack to win the Superbowl. Wilson manages the game in Seattle but he also takes his shots and converts them. Brady manages the game in New England but he also takes his shots and converts them.

Dalton, Brees and Rivers all play the same way as the aforementioned examples: they manage the game AND attack the defense. Fitz only really manages the game. He is missing the "it" factor a franchise QB needs. I'd rather play Geno or Petty.

Petty has some of the "it" factor with his strong arm, poise and deep ball. Geno has some of the "it" factor with his quick feet, improving pocket presence and intermediate-to-deep ball. The hope is that either of these guys can develop these skill to an elite level and carry the team. Fitz's short accuracy and pocket presence isn't good enough.

Last edited:

NYC Rebel

...on the otherside of the pond
Daps
Coples isnt a bum hes just not a great pass rusher. He reminds me a lot of bryan thomas. A first round LB who fans ragged on for years because he wasnt the elite pass rusher they wanted but put in many years as a serviceable LB who could stuff the run and seal the edge.
I think he has the Kiwanuka issue where they made him lose weight and play a position he shouldn't be playing.

Trip

slippery slope
Daps
Reppin
FL
No, but Geno would have been the better choice. I think Bowles just wants a game manager that can control the clock and allow the D to win the game. That's not the way I like to play football but I understand his logic. Ultimately, however, you have to attack to win the Superbowl. Wilson manages the game in Seattle but he also takes his shots and converts them. Brady manages the game in New England but he also takes his shots and converts them.

Dalton, Brees and Rivers all play the same way as the aforementioned examples: they manage the game AND attack the defense. Fitz only really manages the game. He is missing the "it" factor a franchise QB needs. I'd rather play Geno or Petty.

Petty has some of the "it" factor with his strong arm, poise and deep ball. Geno has some of the "it" factor with his quick feet, improving pocket presence and intermediate-to-deep ball. The hope is that either of these guys can develop these skill to an elite level and carry the team. Fitz's short accuracy and pocket presence isn't good enough.

We're not winning the Super Bowl.

King Crimson

Member of a very exclusive gang
Daps
Reppin
Bk/NY
Coples isnt a bum hes just not a great pass rusher. He reminds me a lot of bryan thomas. A first round LB who fans ragged on for years because he wasnt the elite pass rusher they wanted but put in many years as a serviceable LB who could stuff the run and seal the edge.

I think he has the Kiwanuka issue where they made him lose weight and play a position he shouldn't be playing.
This, it bothers me to hear people call him a bum. Bruh's been playing out of position for the longest.

Trip

slippery slope
Daps
Reppin
FL
This, it bothers me to hear people call him a bum. Bruh's been playing out of position for the longest.

He's not very good. He wasnt very good inside either...and nowhere near good enough to play over Sheldon

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
My Pops Forever RIP
He's not very good. He wasnt very good inside either...and nowhere near good enough to play over Sheldon
he's much better on the interior, but there's nobody he can unseat there (we have a beast D-Line, or at least I think we do. Not an indictment on Coples). He'll go to Atlanta or God forbid the Giants and beast.

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family

Trip

slippery slope
Daps
Reppin
FL
he's much better on the interior, but there's nobody he can unseat there (we have a beast D-Line, or at least I think we do. Not an indictment on Coples). He'll go to Atlanta or God forbid the Giants and beast.

Coples wont be beasting anywhere.

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
My Pops Forever RIP
The Jets haven't had someone that can rush the passer since John Abraham.

Quentin Coples is a fukkin bum
maybin.png

:maybinusure: