You Know What I Claim: Jets Over Everythang! The Official 2015-16 Jets Thread

NYC Rebel

...on the otherside of the pond
Daps
So it sounds like no Ivory, no Decker, no Owusu and possibly no Revis...

Wheels falling off the bus...
I won't say that. We have tons of DB depth and Devin is playing this weekend.

I don't like Powell as a starting RB though. :snoop:

Hope this isn't a game we rely on Fitz and the offense to win it for us. If the Jets defense can go three straight games getting turnovers, that would be great...but history says otherwise. :to:

The Fukin Prophecy

RIP Champ
Daps
I actually don't mind Powell starting...

It sucks for the Jets and my fanatsy team but there is no point in letting an injured Ivory play through this...Dude was clearly laboring against Indy...

Powell has done well in both games so far almost 4 ypc, blocks well and doesn't make mistakes...let him play till Chris gets right...Thankfully we have a bye week 5...

Last edited:

The Fukin Prophecy

RIP Champ
Daps
Powell is avg as a pure runner

But hes good catching passes out the backfield

Kevin faulk-ish
Right...

Bottomline is he's serviceable and won't cost us a game...Mix in Stacy and we should be fine running the ball...

I am more worried about terrycloth Decker being sidelined...That means BMarsh will get all the attention now and Fitz will be throwing passes into double coverage like he was doing with Hopkins in Texas...

NYK Loyalist

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I think it's best for Ivory to sit out, might as well take the time to get right so he's 100% for next week or after the bye. I think Powell can hold it down against Philly.

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
My feeling would be sit ivory and decker for sure.

We should have sat ivory last game and it was painfully obvious. Now hes more hurt than he was and he wasnt effective last week.

Its not likely but Id like them to pass over bilal and let stacy get ivorys snaps and keep bilal as the #2 in his role.

Bilal is good at what he does but I just dont see him as a starting RB.

Let Devin have owusus snaps and let kerley have deckers snaps.

I think we can get by philly with that line up. We need ivory and decker back for miami though. Thats an important division game.

I mean imagine if we rush decker and ivory again make them play,we lose to the eagles anyway and then we are really banged up for miami and lose that game because of it :francis:

The revis shyt though is really worrisome. We cant afford all these injuries man :francis:

godkiller

"We are the Fury"
Daps
Reppin
NULL

:mjpls:

I guess Chan watched the film too.

And not just Chan, @Trip :
A Quick Film Breakdown: Ryan Fitzpatrick @ IND Colts 22/34, 64%, 7.18 AVG/COMP, 2 TDs, 1 INT (RES Warning: GFYs) • /r/nyjets

"
Bilal Powell going into motion scares the hell out of Vontae apparently and he leaves Marshall to go attack the flat to try and cut the flat for an interception. Which is a crazy thing to do because Fitzpatrick is staring at Marshall the entire play."
^
Like I told you, Trip, any QB would have completed that 42 open throw to Marshall. Fitz was literally staring down Marshall the whole time. It wasn't a "great" or even a "good" throw. Fitz was always going to stare down his WR1 and that's what he did.

Scheme Makes It So Easy Colt McCoy Could Do It:

This is the Jets basic passing play. It’s a simple design meant to stretch out the field and leave big throwing lanes for the QB to the two slot receivers who are running out routes. It’s the kind of easy, rhythm building pass that we lacked under all of Rex Ryan’s coaching staffs. Gailey regularly sets up this play by having a player motion to the outside receiver (in this case Ivory) in order to set up a more favorable matchup with the inside receiver as well as cause confusion right before the snap. Here, Fitzpatrick is just asked to read the leverage of the inside CBs and if they’re shaded the wrong way (such as the one over Decker is shaded inside), that’s the man he’s looking to throw to. Easy read, easy play, simple.

Deep throw inefficacy from (veteran QB) Fitz on film:

"

Although Fitzpatrick’s pocket isn’t perfect, it’s clean. This isn’t a pressured throw, this is a decision Fitzpatrick makes. Fitzpatrick makes this decision when he sees safety Mike Adams roll from his cover-2 spot into the middle of the field, giving Marshall a 1v1 on the outside. However, because his eyes are on Marshall the entire time, Adams has already gone back to Marshall before the ball is even released.

Because Fitzpatrick’s eyes are on Marshall the entire time, this play makes even less sense. Marshall never has leverage on Vontae and doesn’t even have an opening for the ball to reach him, the only real option is to throw this ball short and to Marshall’s back shoulder to try and have him make a monster play, but instead Fitzpatrick tries to fit it ahead of him, hoping that Marshall can pick up speed or stack Vontae behind him. Neither of those things are possible from the position he’s in at the moment Fitz lets go of this ball.

On the other side of the field, Owusu has a 1v1 post that he’s won and Decker is wide open on an underneath curl. A bad decision."

"

Let’s start this play from the pocket. one of the ILBs blitz the A gap and Powell picks it up and drives him out of the way, giving Fitzpatrick a clean spot to throw from. But it’s too late, the pressure has already spooked Fitzpatrick (you can tell by the way his feet move and he leans forward, expecting to run), and he just heaves this downfield into a triple covered Owusu. Meanwhile, a wide open Decker sits in the exact middle of the field, in the actual lane that Fitzpatrick is looking at to throw to Owusu. A bad miss.

The reasoning for this miss looks like Fitzpatrick bringing his eyes down once the pressure comes up the middle. If his eyes are kept up and he goes through regular protocol (look at the LBs to see the blitz, look at the safeties to see the coverage), he would’ve noticed that the single high safety that’s shading towards the bunch has bailed and gone deep, leaving a huge void in the middle of the field for Decker."

""

Great job seeing this read by Fitzpatrick. The LB is shading over Decker while the safety is sitting on the hash and fading inside after the snap. Neither player is in position to cover this out route at all, even though Fitzpatrick is staring it down the entire time. Seriously, he’s not even faking it with his body while Decker’s heading up the field, his body is positioned the entire time to throw the out route.

Last edited:

Trip

slippery slope
Daps
Reppin
FL
We've all been begging for mediocre QB play and now that were getting it we're going to nitpick a guy completing over 60% of his throws not taking sacks and a 2:1 TD/INT ratio. Oh and the Jets are 2-0.

Breaking down specific plays is nice, but the overall body matters. The play where he missed Decker over the middle was his worst read of the game but,...Keep things in context- we're never going to get perfect QB play. Every QB misses open players. What matters is not taking the sacks and not making the back breaking turnovers that are returned for scores. The strength of the team is the defense.

godkiller

"We are the Fury"
Daps
Reppin
NULL
We've all been begging for mediocre QB play and now that were getting it we're going to nitpick a guy completing over 60% of his throws not taking sacks and a 2:1 TD/INT ratio. Oh and the Jets are 2-0.

Breaking down specific plays is nice, but the overall body matters. The play where he missed Decker over the middle was his worst read of the game but,...Keep things in context- we're never going to get perfect QB play. Every QB misses open players. What matters is not taking the sacks and not making the back breaking turnovers that are returned for scores. The strength of the team is the defense.

We are 2-0 because of the defense not the QB. Even if we had Colt McCoy we would probably be 2-0. We scored a total of 10 points until the 4th quarter against the Colts and then 20 points overall on 5 turnovers. That's atrocious and cost us points and potentially the win. Against a team with a competent offense--where the HB doesn't fumble at the 1 yard line--we would have lost.

If Fitz is only ever going to be a game manager and make the same mistakes he's always made, then there's no point in starting him. The kind of mistakes Fitz makes--like staring down, throwing behind receivers, and just flat missing reads--are not the ones good QBs make as often as he does. Every garbage drive is lost points.

Also, his completion percentage is irrelevant. He's always had something like a 60% completion rate and coaches still cut him because he misses too many opportunities and makes too many mistakes (for his age). Geno also had a 60% completion rate last year too.

Trip

slippery slope
Daps
Reppin
FL
We are 2-0 because of the defense not the QB. Even if we had Colt McCoy we would probably be 2-0. We scored a total of 10 points until the 4th quarter against the Colts and then 20 points overall on 5 turnovers. That's atrocious. We should have blown the Colts out and would have if we had a better QB. Because against a team with a competent offense--where the HB doesn't fumble at the 1 yard line--we would have lost that game.

If Fitz is only ever going to be a game manager and make the same mistakes he's always made, then there's no point in starting him. The kind of mistakes Fitz makes--like staring down, throwing behind receivers, and just flat missing reads--are not the ones good QBs make. He's not even as good as Andy Dalton.

We're 2-0 because of our defense and our offense not fukking it up. There isnt a better QB on the roster- and if you think there is then you have an issue with the HC. I happen to like Bowles tbh and I trust his judgement over yours and your infatuation with back peddle Geno.

NYC Rebel

Daps

"Breaking down specific plays is nice" = "I'm here to dismiss dudes that watch actual film unlike myself"

That's all that is.

He made several poor reads not going through progressions. It's on film.

He's not taking sacks because our pass blocking has been stellar, not anything he's been doing.

Stop it.

Trip

slippery slope
Daps
Reppin
FL
"Breaking down specific plays is nice" = "I'm here to dismiss dudes that watch actual film unlike myself"

That's all that is.

He's not taking sacks because our pass blocking has been stellar, not anything he's been doing.

Stop it.

Im here to discuss the entire body of work which is 60% and 2:1...find me the last QB to ever put up those numbers over the first two games of the season.

NYC Rebel

Daps
Im here to discuss the entire body of work which is 60% and 2:1...find me the last QB to ever put up those numbers over the first two games of the season.
And so am I....the body of work I've seen on film.

Have you? How on earth do you fake sports talk guys speak on reads watching games on TV? :mindblown: